PDA

View Full Version : Vegan London, part 1

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

scarlett
Sep 27th, 2008, 12:16 PM
At the moment the days I can't do are Oct 10th-17th - usually I'm pretty much flexible though :)
Week days that are bad for me are Mondays/Wednesdays (but if we're looking at weekends, that doesn't really matter *shuts up now* :D)

Elahiya
Sep 27th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Iīm pretty fexible at the moment as well... so what about the one day on the weekend of 24th-26th as our first? probably really a saturday better, as some might have to work on a saturday or on friday and might be stressed afterwards.... only a suggestion...

when weīve made through the first one we can pick up a date straight away...?

scarlett
Sep 27th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Anytime during the weekend of the 24-26 is good for me :)

BlackCats
Sep 27th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Me too.:)

scarlett
Sep 27th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Oooooooh, cake, cocktails and cracking company - can't wait :D

Elahiya
Sep 27th, 2008, 11:26 PM
cocktails to digest the cake? LOL

we should probably do another thread for this...

Elahiya
Sep 27th, 2008, 11:34 PM
i hope u donīt mind i just took care of it....

http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=509161#post509161

Marrers
Sep 28th, 2008, 03:11 AM
Oh, I was thinking it would be on weekdays (since we met on a weekday this time). Weekends are usually tricky for me and I certainly couldn't come regularly. :( But I'll keep an eye on the new thread and join in when I can.

bryzee86
Sep 28th, 2008, 04:16 AM
I can't do weekdays, tbh. Can't please everyone, I guess.

Ruby Rose
Sep 28th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Maybe vary the day of the week - some of us can't make it during the weekdays but might be able to do some weekends.

BlackCats
Sep 28th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Maybe vary the day of the week - some of us can't make it during the weekdays but might be able to do some weekends.

Words of wisdom.:)

I'm probably trying Rootmaster (the converted bus turned into a veggie cafe) in East London today.:)

Elahiya
Sep 28th, 2008, 10:43 AM
we donīt have to do on a weekend in any case. of course we can vary also a day of the week, why not? letīs just try to sort out a day of the first meet-up and weīll see?

Marrers
Sep 28th, 2008, 01:26 PM
I guess it needs one or more of us to be able to attend every time whenever it is arranged for though. And rotating the day sounds good but it would be good if there was still a regularity / predictability to it so it is in diaries into the future - meaning people can make sure to keep it free!

Let us know what the bus is like BlackCats. :)

Stu
Sep 28th, 2008, 04:10 PM

Stu
Sep 28th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Why don't we make it in the last week of every month?

(Are boys allowed in this, by the way?)

bryzee86
Sep 28th, 2008, 04:13 PM
well i'm coming if it's weekend, so i hope so, stu!

Agatha
Sep 28th, 2008, 06:19 PM
oooh yay! i want to come! just a suggestion if its the same *date* every month e.g. 28th the day will always vary ... ??

Ruby Rose
Sep 28th, 2008, 07:10 PM
I posted in the other thread about this. It's a bit confusing having two threads on the same thing.

BlackCats
Sep 28th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Let us know what the bus is like BlackCats. :)

Well we finally found the Rootmaster bus after we walked past Brick Lane because we were chatting and not paying attention. :D There were only about 5 options on the menu and no desserts available because there is less choice when the market is open on a Sunday.:confused:

I was really annoyed as I had wanted some chocolate cake. We didn't bother to eat there at all in the end.:(

Stu
Sep 28th, 2008, 09:17 PM
just a suggestion if its the same *date* every month e.g. 28th the day will always vary ... ??

Uh, oh yeah! Why didn't I think of that? You clever.

Elahiya
Sep 28th, 2008, 11:01 PM
I posted in the other thread about this. It's a bit confusing having two threads on the same thing.

thatīs why i thought opening another thread which is exactly about the planning would be better. plus it is a meet-up.

lily80
Sep 30th, 2008, 08:24 PM
I am going to London for a long weekend at the end of October, it will be my first time there so I don't know much about the different areas but i am staying around the victoria station area(I think the street is called Warwick Way), are there any veg cafes or places to get vegan food around there? I can't seem to find much searching but it's hard to tell how far apart everything is.

Also, what are the best veg places in general there? There seems to so many places to choose from! I like most types of food but prefer really casual type places.

Stu
Sep 30th, 2008, 10:15 PM
I work in Victoria and to be honest, I'm not really aware of much around there. You'll be better off moving around to different areas and trying different things. Let us know if you can't be bothered trawling back through all the previous pages! As a general rule, there's quite a lot around the Soho area.

beanstew
Sep 30th, 2008, 10:26 PM
If you like casual then Red Veg (burgers, hot dogs) on Dean Street, Beatroot (all sorts of yummy things) on Berwick Street and Maoz (falafel) on Old Compton Street would all be good choices.

They are all a short walk from Oxford Circus tube which is only a quick tube ride away from Victoria.

lily80
Oct 1st, 2008, 08:35 PM
I work in Victoria and to be honest, I'm not really aware of much around there. You'll be better off moving around to different areas and trying different things. Let us know if you can't be bothered trawling back through all the previous pages! As a general rule, there's quite a lot around the Soho area.

Yeah, figured there probably wouldn't be much around there, was hoping to find someplace close by to grab lunch on the days I leave/arrive but am sure I will figure something out.

If you like casual then Red Veg (burgers, hot dogs) on Dean Street, Beatroot (all sorts of yummy things) on Berwick Street and Maoz (falafel) on Old Compton Street would all be good choices.

They are all a short walk from Oxford Circus tube which is only a quick tube ride away from Victoria.

Sweet, thanks. Will look those places up.

Also, what is the best way to work out how to get between places using public transport? Normally in new places I just use online planners to work out each journey but I probably won't have internet access while there. I have no sense of direction and always manage to get myself lost so don't know what chance I have in a city the size of London!