PDA

View Full Version : Wasa Crispbread

Pilaf
Mar 14th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Well, I've been looking for a while for some good bread or crackers which was both vegan and free of trans fats and gross amounts of salt..at my local supermarket, I recently discovered Wasa rye crispbread..apparantly it's very popular in Europe and just recently caught on in the states.

At least 90% of the crisp breads on their site (http://us.wasa.com/Wasa/smpage.fwx?page=1&main=home) are vegan.

This is some really good stuff to spread organic nut butter and fake cheese spread on. I had been without a lot of good quality bread type food before discovering this. As I said, most of it's vegan by default except for the stuff which contains sugar, etc.

moochbabe
Mar 14th, 2006, 09:51 PM
heh, that's what i had for my starch for lunch today! :D

Pilaf
Mar 15th, 2006, 03:56 AM
heh, that's what i had for my starch for lunch today! :D

Awesome..you agree then that it's about the best "crackerlike" thing you can get? I sure think so. It's the first crackers I've found not laden with trans fats at my local market. I enjoyed the light rye so much that I ordered some other kinds off their website today to try them out.

moochbabe
Mar 16th, 2006, 12:08 AM
Awesome..you agree then that it's about the best "crackerlike" thing you can get? I sure think so. It's the first crackers I've found not laden with trans fats at my local market. I enjoyed the light rye so much that I ordered some other kinds off their website today to try them out.
i definately do agree! I love the taste of these crackers so much. something else i like are reduced fat triscuits, they're whole grain and trans fat free (not sure if u've noticed this so i thought i'd give u a heads up)

Pilaf
Mar 16th, 2006, 01:06 AM
i definately do agree! I love the taste of these crackers so much. something else i like are reduced fat triscuits, they're whole grain and trans fat free (not sure if u've noticed this so i thought i'd give u a heads up)

Oh? They've changed the ingredients, then? Those used to use trans fats.