PDA

View Full Version : What is the best time to eat?

JennyX
Mar 16th, 2006, 04:05 AM
I was just wondering for you folks who work out in the morning or in the evening what is the best time to eat?.. Before the work out and after, and what is too late to eat in the evening?

Thanks.

Maisiepaisie
Mar 16th, 2006, 10:30 AM
I started to feel faint in an aerobics class and the instructor told me its because I hadn't eaten breakfast and I should eat a light breakfast, let it settle and then exercise.

Sparrow
Mar 16th, 2006, 10:38 AM
I eat half a banana in the morning around half an hour before I walk to the gym to do my workout.

Tigerlily
Mar 16th, 2006, 01:12 PM
I always eat a good breakfast and I make sure I never exercise on a hungry stomach--even if it's walking to Subway to eat! I will feel faint if I don't eat before exercising.

Dub Science
Mar 23rd, 2006, 05:49 PM
what I've been told by people in the know: eat at any time, as long as you allow sufficient time afterwards before exercising. Eat small meals often rather than a few large meals. after a largeish meal leave at least 90mins before exercising. probably best not to eat after 8pm (unless you're really hungry, then try just to have a small, easily digestible, non-sugary snack), it can affect your sleep, and make it harder to get to sleep in the first place.

tipsy
Mar 23rd, 2006, 07:16 PM
all the time sounds good to me.

i eat light meals in the morning, before i workout, usually two larger meals in the day and a light meal after my workout at night.:D

but then again, i eat like food is going out of style... sooooo....:o :D :eek:

PercysLion
Mar 28th, 2006, 10:08 PM
It's best not to eat right brefore working out b/c digestion becomes a priority, so your muscles suffer. It's not harmful to you, just to your workout, since it's more difficult to sustain your efforts.

I eat a banana or half a snack bar or even drink a smoothie in the morning before I hit the gym, since I need something. It keeps the hunger at bay, but allows me to work out. Then when I get home, I descend on breakfast like a ravenous beast.