PDA

View Full Version : Vegan Bristol

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15

gertvegan
May 22nd, 2007, 05:04 PM
From the Viva! website.

Monday 25th June 2007: 7pm-9pm

The Octagon Room, Bath Assembly Rooms, Bennet Street, Bath BA1 2QH

Surviving the Next Pandemic: Bird Flu and Other Emerging Infectious Diseases (also Why You Don't Need Dairy presented by Viva! founder and director Juliet Gellatley)

All welcome! Entrance £2.50 (under 18s and NUS free)

Click here (http://www.viva.org.uk/pdfs/Michael%20Greger%20Bath.pdf) (pdf) for further details.

gertvegan
May 28th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Its not in the Vegan Guide to Bristol or on the website as far as I'm aware, but www.applecider.co.uk serve up maybe 10 or so vegan ciders, and are also at the Bristol vegan Fayre.

gertvegan
Jun 5th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Vegetarian holiday guide to Bristol and Bath published

Monday, 04 Jun 2007 17:18

Vegetarian tourists heading for the West Country will have a considerably easier trip following the publication of the Vegetarian and Vegan Guide to Bristol and Bath.

The guide, published by the campaigning vegetarian group Viva!, features over 300 veggie-friendly restaurants, cafes, hotels and shops in Bristol, Bath, Bradford-on-Avon, Clevedon, Weston-Super-Mare and the surrounding area.

Dedicated sections are offered on each area, complete with detailed listings for each entry - from opening times to soya milk availability. There is also a section dedicated to veggie friendly places and veggie booze.

Angie Greenaway, editor of the guide, said: "With 'meat reducers' and the number of vegetarians and vegans at an all-time high, people expect to see a good veggie choice and we're thrilled that Bristol and Bath have more than risen to the challenge and shown that the west is best."

The article is here (http://www.travelbite.co.uk/newsbrief/travel-advice/travel-tips/vegetarian-holiday-guide-bristol-and-bath-published-$474408.htm) and the book here. (http://www.viva.org.uk/shop/bookstravel.htm)

bryony
Jun 7th, 2007, 06:02 PM
is everyone in bristol going to the vegan fayre?? i am - really exited

flutterby
Jun 7th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Hello bryony. If you click user control panel at the top of the page, then group memberships, join the uk meet up group, and you'll see a whole Bristol Vegan Fayre meet up thread. ;)

bryony
Jun 7th, 2007, 10:10 PM
thankyou:o

gertvegan
Jun 18th, 2007, 10:28 PM
The cafe Kino ice cream sundae with fresh berries, chopped nuts, chocolate sauce and maple syrup is well worth stopping by for. Had one Saturday. :p

www.cafe-kino.com

gertvegan
Jun 30th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Talking of Cafe Kino, if anyone is on myspace, there is a Cafe Kino Fans page for adding. www.myspace.com/cafekinofans

gertvegan
Jul 21st, 2007, 06:34 PM
Wild Oats are looking at possibly opening on Sundays, and ask those who would use the service to get in contact.

www.woats.co.uk

siwales
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:15 PM
Bristol is a nice easy trip from where I live in Wales to enjoy the veggie and vegan delights of the city.

RedWellies
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:19 PM
Hi Siwales. Welcome to the forum. Whereabouts in Wales do you live? Feel free to start your own "hello" thread in the "say hello" section:).

gertvegan
Aug 4th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Theres an interesting article about the Falafel King on pages 26 & 27 of the current venue (no 777).

As well as a mention, on page 33, that Seven Generations have now added a cafe, all veggie, and largely vegan.

www.sevengenerations.co.uk

gertvegan
Aug 17th, 2007, 11:28 PM
From the Cafe Maitreya summer newsletter.

Saturday 18 August sees the return of the St Mark’s Road Street Party. The road will be blocked off to vehicles and the street should come alive for a warm hearted celebration. Expect stalls, music and some entertainment. We’ll also be doing a delicious barbeque and the restaurant will serving a simple £5 breakfast and lunch/snack menu from 11am, along with fruit drinks and smoothies. Hope to see you there!

gertvegan
Aug 22nd, 2007, 10:32 PM
Anyone going to the Bristol Vegans meet up at the weekend?

cookey
Aug 25th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Yes me- and at one or two children.

cookey
Aug 25th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Further details are here: http://www.veganbristol.makessense.co.uk/events/654.html

gertvegan
Sep 15th, 2007, 06:21 PM
According to venue magazne, Tiffins (http://www.tiffins-bristol.com/) cookery school / classes is now up and running.

defkiss
Sep 18th, 2007, 12:11 PM
HI does anyone know anyone who can put me up in Bristol tomorrow and thursday night? i have left it far to late to organise but am desperate for a place to crash, am friendly and vegan so please let me know if anyone can help!!!

dan

StevieP
Oct 4th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Slightly new look for web site: www.veganbristol.makessense.co.uk

If you need a free web site for your veggie group/info site etc here is where to look:

www.lvw.makessense.co.uk.

rianaelf
Oct 4th, 2007, 12:03 PM
I'm trying to get my herbal superfoods, protective body oils and similar such products small business started.
Everything is vegan of course, not tested on animals ofcourse and organic wenever possible and i need somewhere to pack and store my products.
Does anyone have a spare room or know of any small units anywhere in Bristol but preferably not too far from town (as i don't have my own transport) that i can do this from?

I am obviously happy to pay rent but can't afford too much at the moment!!

Frank
Oct 11th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Bristol Vegan Fayre 2008

The dates for next years fayre are 31st May and the 1st June.

Here's hoping for another great weekend!

flutterby
Oct 11th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Rather than have multiple active threads about the the 2008 Bristol Vegan Fayre, several posts are now in the fayre (http://veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16954) thread.

PinkLogik
Oct 1st, 2008, 08:32 PM
I've just read about it in another thread, but just in case anyone is heading to Bristol just to visit the Fresh & Wild store, don't bother, it closed at the beginning of September. Try Harvest or Better Food Co instead perhaps.

PinkLogik
Oct 1st, 2008, 09:01 PM
There is however, a new Hotel Chocolat shop, though very different to Fresh & Wild of course.

squigaletta
Feb 1st, 2009, 07:35 PM
The Lansdown pub in Clifton now has vegan cakes, truffles, and mains :D