PDA

View Full Version : Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91

veganbikerboy
Apr 8th, 2006, 12:51 AM
bought broccili about 7 days ago, god knows what i'm going to do with it??:D

foxytina_69
Apr 8th, 2006, 12:54 AM
it wont stay that way tabitha!!

i plan on going to my sisters later for a movie and chances are we'll get a slushee and eat some chips!

i hope that starting the day healthy counteracts that lol.

foxytina_69
Apr 8th, 2006, 12:55 AM
you should make some soup with it bikerboy :D

Tigerlily
Apr 8th, 2006, 02:00 AM
I had a large plate of fries and 15 cookies. :o This isn't working out.:(

Jane M
Apr 8th, 2006, 02:05 AM
Where are you getting all these cookies???? Ya making me hungry!!!!!:o

Roxy
Apr 8th, 2006, 04:33 AM
Well I did a few decent things for myself today.

1. Instead of taking the whole chocolate bar to work, I broke of 2 pieces and took it with me.

2. Instead of taking 2 cups of pasta to work, I only took 1 cup.

3. Instead of eating chips (crisps) this afternoon when I felt like something savoury and crunchy, I bought a small bag of BBQ soy crisps instead.

My problem is that I indulge in too much of the foods that aren't good for me. I'll go through spurts where I'll eat healthily for a while, but then revert to my rich food and sugary ways. I need to make healthy eating a lifestyle.

Tigerlily
Apr 8th, 2006, 04:41 AM
Where are you getting all these cookies???? Ya making me hungry!!!!!:o

The store!

foxytina_69
Apr 8th, 2006, 11:41 AM
i know what you mean roxy. mine is the worst when im pmsing, and i pms too much :(

so today i started healthy, but didnt eat that great. i mean, its not that unhealthy, (the drinks are though), but its too many calories.

today:

lunch:
-salad
-strawberry kiwi smoothie
snack:
-brown rice chips w/ guacamole
-slushee
-dr pepper
dinner:
-veggie spring rolls
-tomato fried rice
-veggie chop suey

its always the drinks that kill me lol. theyre so many calories.

feral
Apr 8th, 2006, 12:26 PM

Curry with brown rice :)

I think hubby got carried away making smoothies this morning, he asked if I wanted one before he buggered off to football, I said I would, thinking a glass of smoothie would be nice... he left me over 1/2 a litre of smoothie! Anyone for smoothie? :)

tabitha
Apr 8th, 2006, 12:35 PM

Give it to me, my rabbit loves it.

foxytina_69
Apr 8th, 2006, 02:34 PM
phew i just did an hour long upper body workout. i plan on doing the lower body workout tommorow.

Antonia
Apr 8th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Stirfry. with soy sauce, garlic, red peppers and shiitake mushrooms. Although, at 7 days old it must be getting a bit past it.

I can't keep up with you guys, posting on here all the time.

I've kept my food diary for two weeks, the only 'bad' thing that's gone in it is two pints. Treated myself to a set of all singing, all dancing scales which was very rewarding. I hadn't weighed myself for ages and was pleasantly suprised. It'll also be good being able to keep track of my body fat %.

feral
Apr 8th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Well I've been in bed for 3 days due to a sudden drip in temperture here so not making much progress towards my daily walk :rolleyes: But I've been reasonibly well behaved food ways (it's not easy when you're tired & bored)... well, apart from the 120grm bag of sweet popcorn yesterday :o. Tonights dinner is home made chips, curry sauce, some wee orgain Indian thingies & rye bread... it's much too cold for healthy eating here today ;)

Yoggy
Apr 8th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Well yesterday was my first day trying to alternate reverse crunches with regular situps, and today my abs (upper AND lower) are soooo sore. This is a good thing! I'm getting a real workout now! My abs should (hopefully) be in shape in no time :)

But I sort of ruined my diet at the Thai restaurant yesterday. I had stir fried veggies, red curry (all that coconut milk :eek: ), some iced tea with coconut milk (more coconut milk! :eek: ), a spring roll and some white rice :o . Luckily I didn't come close to finishing any of it, and I was just a little bit full rather than bursting after I finished, so I didn't do as badly as I could have.

Tigerlily
Apr 8th, 2006, 07:26 PM
I had a healthy lunch! Roasted veggies, baked potato, tabooli salad. And since my lunch was so healthy and naturally low-cal, I had four Oreos. :p :o :p

Want2BVegan
Apr 8th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Mmmm Oreos

Ok off to a bad start......drank a TON of wine last night and didnt eat much and today i am hungover and not wanting healthy foods...at all! I want french fries!

So tomorrow I will start all over again!

Good job to the healthy ones :)

foxytina_69
Apr 9th, 2006, 01:52 AM
good job everyone!

want2bvegan, i always crave fries when im hungover lol.

today i did a full lower body workout.

phew. now i can do cardio tommorow of some sort.

today ive eaten a kiwi and a handful of ketchup chips. now i need to make something else, maybe brown rice pasta would be good.

i plan on eating some vegetable chop suey also at my sisters house.

foxytina_69
Apr 9th, 2006, 02:21 AM
okay so in total for the day so far, ive had around 700 calories, with the chop suey i plan on eating.

maybe ill also eat some of her brown rice chips and guacamole :D and a slushie. lol. its movie night again!

Roxy
Apr 9th, 2006, 03:39 AM
I am so disappointed with myself. I have all good intentions but no will power :(

Yoggy
Apr 9th, 2006, 03:51 AM
I screwed up again today when I hung out downtown all morning and afternoon. I ate lunch at Abundant Life and Whole Foods (natural food supermarket and vegetarian deli). I had a vegan garden burger on a dark rye bun (it was the only vegan bun, but it turned out to be quite good!) and it came with tortilla chips. I had a wheatgrass shot too, to try and balance out my unhealthy lunch LOL. Then I wandered around the supermarket (bad idea!) and came out with a vegan chocolate chip macadamia nut cookie, 2 small mint dark chocolate patties (I have a weakness for mint chocolate), and some wheat free fig cookies (to go in my lunch next week). The chocolates disappeared in about 5 seconds, but I still have most of the cookie. I'm not disappointed with my diet today, because I biked all the way downtown, then walked around for hours before biking back. So I got enough exercise to make up for the cookie and chocolate.

My abs are still pretty painful, but I might do a few situps and reverse crunches tonight, but I won't overdo it if it hurts a lot.

Supper tonight will be the leftover food from the Thai restaurant yesterday, but I'll try to go easy on the red curry because of all the coconut milk.

foxytina_69
Apr 9th, 2006, 03:58 AM
roxy, its okay!

instead of trying to not eat certain things, why dont you just up your intake of healthy foods, whilst still eating whatever else you want.

i dont do well when trying to restrict the unhealthy foods. i do better when i say, its okay, i ate unhealthy, so now ill make up for it with a salad or something of the like.

soon youll notice your intake of healthy foods vs. unhealthy foods is way higher, and its much easier.

Roxy
Apr 9th, 2006, 04:06 AM
That makes sense Tina, but I'm worried if I do, I'll get fatter from eating too many calories.

I seriously need to stop eating junk food and eat more whole foods and healthy foods.

I look at what some of the healthier people eat around here, and they make it look so easy. But for me it's not. I really struggle. Maybe I need to go and see a nutritionist or something. :o

foxytina_69
Apr 9th, 2006, 04:37 AM
it is hard to resist certain foods. i always try to eat healthy but always end up eating something like chips that day. its so annoying.

Roxy
Apr 9th, 2006, 04:39 AM
Same! I do the same thing too and I wish I had the will power to NOT do it :o

kriz
Apr 9th, 2006, 04:43 AM
I just started running again and I love it! It such an easy for of exercise, really - all you need is a pair of running shoes. It makes me so free and capable!:) When edorphins flow, healing starts.