PDA

View Full Version : Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91

Roxy
Apr 14th, 2006, 04:30 AM
From the sounds of it, Tina, Tigerlily and I are all about the same height and weight.

Tigerlily - I've been going through a similar thing as you, where I was finding I just had no control when it came to sweets and junk food and bad carbs :o

For me, one of the only ways around it, is to count my calories every day, and enter all the food I consume into fitday. This makes me realise exactly what I'm eating and exactly how easy it is for me to consume too much fat. It also gives me the opportunity to look at where I'm seriously lacking in nutrients and think about what I can do to remedy that.

Lots of people don't agree with counting calories, so I can only say that it's something that works for me. Have you tried doing it before? It might work for you.

Roxy
Apr 14th, 2006, 04:34 AM
Well, today my day wasn't so bad I guess - except for the fact that I once again didn't achieve any of the RDA's for any of the vitamins or minerals.

Foxy - do you ever check out the reports section on fitday and if so, do you find you are achieving any of the RDA's?

Today I ate:

1636 calories
26% of those was fat (well it would have been less if I had realised that vegenaise has a whopping 9g of fat per tablespoon, BEFORE I ate it!!)
245g carbs
66g protein

I still need to be eating more fresh stuff.

Wildflower
Apr 14th, 2006, 04:36 AM
From the sounds of it, Tina, Tigerlily and I are all about the same height and weight.

Count me in, I am about that height/weight too. If we lived closer, do you think we could share clothes? :p

Roxy
Apr 14th, 2006, 04:48 AM
We could be the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants :D

Yoggy
Apr 14th, 2006, 10:24 AM
LOL Roxy :D

I went to my roommate's friend's house for supper tonight, and he made me a vegan dinner! He made beef enchiladas for everyone, but mine had no cheese and no beef, and the tortillas were vegan!

He also had a scale in his washroom, so I snuck a peak, and I've lost 2 lbs! Of course, it could just seem like that, because the last time I weighed myself was on a different scale, and in my experience, no 2 scales are identical.

foxytina_69
Apr 14th, 2006, 11:24 AM
LOL the sisterhood of traveling pants.

its silly because i often get very upset saying i dont think im beautiful and that i feel fat, and yet i think tigerlily and roxy are both 2 of the most beautiful women ive met, so if we are all similar in size, i really should stop putting myself down.

ive never seen wildflower, but im sure shes beautiful too!

today i ate gluten :( that means probably pounds gained by tommorow. sigh.

today:

lunch:
-2 tacos
dinner:
-2 veggie burritos
-mexi fries
-2 dr peppers
dessert:
-low fat blueberry muffin

oh dear god.

that was almost 2000 calories. i havent eaten that much in a long time. :S

i may have to do a workout before i go to bed lol. i suppose ill count this as a cheat day but i have a feeling it wont be the only cheat day i have. probably saturday ill eat alot aswell. i suppose its okay since its easter weekend :rolleyes: holidays always call for extra food.

ill probably have gained like 3 pounds from today 8-) arghhh.

although i only got 1900 mg of sodium, when youre not supposed to get over 2500. so hopefully the water i gain from eating gluten will go away quickly.

i also had a walk today.

roxy, the vitamins/minerals i usually dont get enough of are vitamin e, vitamin k, vitamin d (i take a supplement for this though), zinc, selenium, calcium and phosphorus. i get enough of everything else though.

i take a supplement (2 a day) with calcium, zinc, vitamin d and magnesium, and then a multivitamin aswell. i would get more of those if i ate nuts/seeds but i never do! i should probably start eating trail mix. i know nuts/seeds are high in most of those vitamins/minerals.

i usually reach alot of those when i have soy milk, but i cant afford to buy it all the time! soymilk really helps me out though.

Tigerlily
Apr 14th, 2006, 01:22 PM

Tigerlily - I've been going through a similar thing as you, where I was finding I just had no control when it came to sweets and junk food and bad carbs :o

For me, one of the only ways around it, is to count my calories every day, and enter all the food I consume into fitday. This makes me realise exactly what I'm eating and exactly how easy it is for me to consume too much fat. It also gives me the opportunity to look at where I'm seriously lacking in nutrients and think about what I can do to remedy that.

Lots of people don't agree with counting calories, so I can only say that it's something that works for me. Have you tried doing it before? It might work for you.

I never tried counting calories but I did used to go to Weight Watchers which is similar (you count points instead of calories--much easier). I might want to try it again. I'm a free Weight Watchers member and I know the system in and out. But you know, it's so boring. :p I think I might start up again with the WW plan again, I will go to the Wednesday meeting to re-motivate!

My main problem is exercise. I can't seem to get motivated for that. :rolleyes: Going out for a walk means putting on a bra, changing out of my ratty pajamas, putting on shoes, and trying to walk in an area with easy washroom access. I wish you guys leaved near me, we could walk together!

Monday
Apr 14th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Hello

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time Tigerlily. I seem to be managing to eat reasonably healthily and a bit less. I need to drink more water!! I have bought some organic orange squash which I'm hoping will help it taste a bit better. Went for a 45min walk in the woods with hubby and the dogs today which was lovely - the sun was shining, the wind dropped and it actually got quite warm.

Am taking my mum out to lunch and for a wander round the shops tommorrow. We are going to my favourite vege cafe where they do a great vege burger and fruit smoothie!!

Am planning on starting to get up early on Tuesdays and Thursdays before hubby goes to work and running around the field across from our house with the dogs - we get exercise, dogs get exercise, we also get fresh air and it should wake me up for the day! Trouble is I hate getting up early it makes me want to cry so we will have to see how it goes!

Monday xx

Wildflower
Apr 14th, 2006, 11:38 PM
We could be the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants :D

I didn't see that movie, or read that book so I am in the dark!

It sounds cool though!

Roxy
Apr 15th, 2006, 05:04 AM
See the movie, Wildflower ;) Then you'll get it:)

Today I ate quite a few high calorie foods such as my cheesy tofu on breadroll for breakfast, but by eating that I found I wasn't starving hungry by mid morning like I usually am. Probably because it had a high protein content.

But I feel like it was a good day though. I don't feel bad about the high amount of cals because I was run off my feet at work all day, so I probably needed the energy.

1838 cals
19% fat :D
319g carbs
67g protein

I also met my RDA for Vitamin A and Vitamin C and I almost did it for my iron too!

foxytina_69
Apr 15th, 2006, 12:33 PM
wow good job roxy! thats awesome :)

i think ill start recording how you do!

today was my other cheat day. i decided to have two this weekend. :rolleyes:

honestly, i dont want to know what i got today lol.

today:

dinner:
-curried shangai rice noodles
-tomato fried rice
-6 spring rolls
-2 glasses coke
dessert:
-almost a whole rice crisp tropical source chocolate bar (steev DID get me this!) except 2 peices lol.

okay lol. i ate alot of chinese food. ugh.

oh and i gained a pound from what i ate yesterday. but thats not too bad as im sure its just water weight :rolleyes:

okay, apparently this is what i got. i suppose it was worth it!:

2431 calories
19% fat
455 grams carbohydrates (holy crap lol)
22 grams of fiber
54 grams of protein

well thats just dandy.

i best be working out tommorow lol.

Tigerlily
Apr 15th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Today I had cereal for breakfast instead of a bagel smothered in cream cheese or a coffee with cookies! Looking good so far! :P

foxytina_69
Apr 15th, 2006, 02:02 PM
great job tigerlily!

tabitha
Apr 15th, 2006, 02:17 PM
I saw G.I. Jane the other day with Demi Moore - has anyone ever seen it? I love that film. I watch it whenever I feel fat or weak lol. Anyways she does one armed pressups in it and I have been practicing for ages and I can now do 4!! Its taken me AGES to even get THAT far. The most 2 armed press ups I have ever done is about 80, but at the moment its way back down at 40 as my back is a bit weak at the moment.

foxytina_69
Apr 15th, 2006, 02:21 PM
ive never seen that movie tabitha but it sounds inspiring!

tabitha
Apr 15th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Go get it Foxy....NOW!!!

Tigerlily
Apr 15th, 2006, 06:19 PM
I had a healthy lunch too! Chickpea and tomato salad, bowl of creamy potato soup (only 2 tbsps olive oil in the WHOLE pot and soy milk was used to make it creamy--much healthier and lower in calories than the traditional omni creamy potato soup, I think). So happy!

foxytina_69
Apr 16th, 2006, 01:54 AM
wow good job tigerlily :)

so far today i had the rest of my chinese food, 2 cups of coffee and 3/4 cup of chocolate soy milk.

i also got in a walk.

Yogini
Apr 16th, 2006, 02:49 AM
OK, I'm new to this thread.

Today I had pancakes for breakfast and cream of potato soup for dinner. I generally only eat two proper meals per day, then snacks as needed. I'll probably have some grapes in a bit. According to Fitday.com, what I ate constitues 1784 calories. I've burned 2467 (I'm a big girl and big people burn more calories because we have more to move around.) I try to eat 500 fewer calories per day than I burn, so I get 183 calories worth of grapes. That's maybe 1 1/4 cups?

I did about 45 minutes of yoga. I don't think I'll have time to exercise tomorrow, so Monday I'll do intervals of walkaerobics/weight training.

Roxy
Apr 16th, 2006, 07:18 AM
Today I had:

1631 calories
23% fat
264 carbs
65g protein

Not as much fresh foods as I would've liked though. Sadly, because of this, I didn't meet any of my nutritional requirements. Maybe I need to think about a supplement OR I need to work on eating fresher.

foxytina_69
Apr 16th, 2006, 08:23 AM
today:

lunch:
-rest of chinese food
-3/4 of chocolate soy milk
-2 cups coffee
snack:
-slushie
-vegan chocolates from my sister for easter
dinner:
-brown rice pasta w/ sauce, nut. yeast, spices, chickpeas, mushrooms

probably will also have a few ciders

foxytina_69
Apr 16th, 2006, 02:10 PM
okay so i probably had about 12 or 1300 calories in food, and i dont even wanna know how much in the slushie or alcohol.

i had half of a 2 litre of cider.

i also ended up walking twice, pretty briskly, each for probably 30 minutes. the joys of not having a license. lol.

Wildflower
Apr 16th, 2006, 06:11 PM
The last few days I splurged a little bit, allthough I was tryng to eat healthy.

I was trying to take vacation Friday, but work people kept calling me at home PLUS I didn't finish something I really need to do for work, so i will most likely do that today. My boyfriend is off school for Easter Break, so he was home and we went out to lunch Friday, and we have been grilling and having friends over the last 2 nights.

I did eat a lot of grilled veggies, that were brushed with olive oil. I also had a few drinks Friday and Saturday, and ate guacamole and nuts both days. I was concious of getting protien with my yummy grilled veggies (Tofurky sausage one day and tofu the next).

I feel like I ate a lot of fat yesterday, and this morning my skin is glowing something fabulous!

Wildflower
Apr 16th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Oh yes, also, I am in search of high protein, lower calorie soy-free foods. I am guessing others may be interested, so i will post as I find them. I bought this combo Friday and had it for breakfast this morning to help clear out from my arteries all the fat out I ate! LOL! Oh, the good news is, I also have continuted to lose a few pounds, and this morning when I weighed I was another .5lb lighter! woohooo...I go up/down a lot from water weight, but I have kept down about 3-4 lbs for the last 2 or so weeks, so I think it is real. Also, my fingers are a bit swollen, so I am wondering if I may weight a little less than that if I flush all this fluid out!

So, this morning I had 1/4 cup Oat Bran (120 calories, 3 grams fat, 6 grams protein, 6 grams fiber (3 soluable)). I cooked this and then stirred in 2 T Ground Flax Seed Meal (60 calories, 4.5 grams fat, 4 grams fiber, 3 grams protein) and some strawberries and vanilla almond milk.

Also, i was going to say...I think Roxy and Tina you were saying you do not get enough vitamin E. Have you guys tried almond milk? 1 cup has 50% of your daily vitamin E along with 20% calcium, 10% vitamin A, 10& phosphorus, 25% Vitamin D, 4% magnesium and 2% iron. I personally really like almond milk better than soymilk, but it doesn't have any protein (well, 1 gram per cup). Also, it is a bit more expensive, but that may vary by where you live. Soybeans grow everywhere here, but it is too cold for nut tress.

Anyway, thought I would throw that out. I used to drink it a lot, and I am going to start having it again.

Roxy
Apr 16th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Thanks for that tip Wildflower :) I tried Almond milk once and I really liked it.....but for some reason I thought it was quite high in fat. I'll take another look when I go grocery shopping (probably not until next week). They sell the Blue Diamond Almond Milk, where I go shopping. They have the plain flavour and the chocolate flavour.