PDA

View Full Version : Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91

Roxy
Jul 17th, 2006, 04:29 AM
Since I've been watching my food intake and weight, I've been eating a lot more fruit! I used to be lucky to get 3 servings of fruit in a week - but today I ate cherries, grapes and a banana! :D

foxytina_69
Jul 17th, 2006, 07:15 AM
today:

breakfast:
-smoothie (pineapple, kiwi, strawberries, soy milk and oj w/ calcium)
lunch:
-1/2 of a mixed veggie plate dipped in light dressing (red and green pepper, broccoli, celery, cucumber, cauliflower and french dressing for dip)
dinner:
-homemade vegan 'meat' balls w/ org. tomato basil sauce

i also ate some chips and pop while watching the movie.

foxytina_69
Jul 17th, 2006, 07:16 AM
Foxy, you should come cook for me. How was that smoothie? It sounds good. :)

Well I congratulated you earlier anyway, because you have been doing great overall and I'm proud of you. :D

I, on the other hand, overloaded myself with oreo type cookies the past couple of days. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::mad::mad:

awe thanks limey :D:D

dada
Jul 17th, 2006, 01:04 PM
for a vegan, what to eat to gain weight?

claireyveg
Jul 17th, 2006, 01:16 PM
for a vegan, what to eat to gain weight?
Dada if you want to gain weight healthily the best thing to do is increase your caloric intake by adding things like flax oil, nuts seeds and avocados to your diet, you should also try and do some weight training as this will help you gain weight-muscle mass, which is probably better for you in the long run, good luck...:D

dada
Jul 17th, 2006, 01:23 PM
i love avocados and eat them occasionally if i'm lucky to find ones that aren't spoiled or beaten up. sometimes i add those soy protein into my drinks.

weight training? sound a bit intense. i'm a small woman. i prefer yoga practice which may help on muscle building? my instructor 'looks' skinny with shirt on, but without the shirt, oh my, he's toned as a cheetah. and he said he never lift a weight in his entire life!

treehugga
Jul 17th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Oh Contrair.

Weight training is great for core body strength and maintaning flexability and bone mass. Get into it. You won't become huge and mucley unless you take steroids (not recommended) or use extremely heavy weights - I'm talking huge! I've been weight training for 6 years. It tones you beautifully and should be part of any healthy exercise routine.

Anyway I feel better today, just tired.

Made a Dr's appt for Friday but will have to cancel as I forgot that's the day my son returns from the UK. I think I just have a virus. Glandular fever did cross my mind but hey I'm not a Dr.

Ate healthy today but didn't exercise.

B- porrige & soy milk
sn -flat bread & pesto with cheezly vegan mozzarella
L - pasta and soy cream and garlic sauce
sn - apple, mandarine, wholewheat toast.
D - spinach pie with tofu and salad.
sn - kiwi fruit and 1 piece toast.

You people are doing so well and are very inspiring :)

foxytina_69
Jul 18th, 2006, 12:53 AM
good job treehugga!

today:

breakfast:
-smoothie (pineapple, strawberries, kiwi, oj w/ calcium)
-10 rice crackers w/ natural peanut butter
lunch:
-bowl of brown rice w/ v. butter and organic tamari
dinner:
-homemade v. sausages and gluten free pancakes

foxytina_69
Jul 19th, 2006, 10:50 AM
yesterday:

snacks:
-chips and a slushee (some chips w/ salsa and refried beans)
-pickled asparagus
-leftover veggies w/ dressing
-bowl brown rice w/ v. butter and org. tamari
dinner:
-1 pancake and 2 'sausages'

VeganJohn
Jul 19th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Thought I would contribute to this thread. I am in the process of trying to get fit and lose my beer belly, mainly caused through my overindulgence in beer in my younger days, but also by the amount of cheese I used to consume when I was lacto-ovo veggie.

I am trying to do about an hour long walk each day and have started doing some ab exercises.

My diet is really healthy at the minute, I'm starting the day with oat meal or a fruit smoothie with flax and am eating lots of fresh veggies and salads and fruit. I'm trying not to eat too much chocolate, pastry or bread. I think I have lost a little weight over the past few weeks, my jeans are certainly a little slacker on me :)

When I go to Uni in September I plan to enrol in the gym and take some yoga classes.

Good luck everyone with there diet/fitness regimes :>

Monday
Jul 19th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Hello

Haven't posted for a while. At the beginning of last week I lost 3 pounds which i was really pleased with. I didn't have a good week last week, eating wise and weighed myself yesterday and have only gained 1 pound. Was pleased with this.

This week i am trying to eat better - the heat is helping as it seems to make me feel less hungry.

I am doing housework and then walking my dogs in the evening when it is cooler. I am not doing much else exercise wise - i know I should but right now it is far too hot and I am also having some trouble with motivation (in life generally as well).

Anyway that's where I am.

Keep going everyone!

Monday x

Tigerlily
Jul 19th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Today I wanted to eat healthy but by 11 am, I was so hungry and that slice of blueberry pie looked so delicious. :( I feel really bad now.

foxytina_69
Jul 20th, 2006, 12:34 AM
dont feel bad tigerlily. its only one slice its not that big of a deal. its not like u eat a whole pie everyday!

Roxy
Jul 20th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Does anyone find they get hungry more, around different times during their monthly cycle?

I find I get hungrier around mid-cycle and then a couple of days before my period I get ravenous.

I never go over 1800 calories, but sometimes I feel like I want to!

Limey
Jul 20th, 2006, 12:39 AM
Foxy is right, Tiger. Don't beat yourself up over one slice. And certainly try not to get the mentality of "well I ate one bad thing, so I may as well ruin the rest of my day and start fresh tomorrow". I know that can be hard, though. I've fallen victim to that plenty of times. :rolleyes:

Limey
Jul 20th, 2006, 12:41 AM
Does anyone find they get hungry more, around different times during their monthly cycle?

I find I get hungrier around mid-cycle and then a couple of days before my period I get ravenous.

I never go over 1800 calories, but sometimes I feel like I want to! Yep, yep and yep, Roxy. :)

Oh, I don't count my calories. :o May be my problem.

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 15 seconds. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/347.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/347.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/347.gif

foxytina_69
Jul 20th, 2006, 12:42 AM
roxy, yes. i feel ravenous about a week before my period. which really sucks cause it makes me gain weight. *rolls eyes*

Tigerlily
Jul 20th, 2006, 12:46 AM
Foxy is right, Tiger. Don't beat yourself up over one slice. And certainly try not to get the mentality of "well I ate one bad thing, so I may as well ruin the rest of my day and start fresh tomorrow". I know that can be hard, though. I've fallen victim to that plenty of times. :rolleyes:

Yeah but I have treats like thst every day...

Limey
Jul 20th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Yeah but I have treats like thst every day... Off with your head then! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_1_124.gif

:D

foxytina_69
Jul 20th, 2006, 01:02 AM
you CAN have treats everyday tigerlily, as long as you work it in so that it doesnt exceed too many calories and cause you to gain weight. if i want to have treats, like chips or something, i usually eat light the rest of the day.

foxytina_69
Jul 20th, 2006, 01:03 AM
today:

breakfast:
-watermelon
lunch:
-brown rice w/ v. butter and org. tamari
dinner:
-probably homemade onion rings
snack:
-probably also some chips later.

Tigerlily
Jul 20th, 2006, 01:18 AM
you CAN have treats everyday tigerlily, as long as you work it in so that it doesnt exceed too many calories and cause you to gain weight. if i want to have treats, like chips or something, i usually eat light the rest of the day.

I know I'm complaining, but I can't eat light the rest of day. My body won't let me. How on the earth do you stop the hunger? I get hungry like every hour or so. :o

Limey
Jul 20th, 2006, 01:25 AM
I know I'm complaining, but I can't eat light the rest of day. My body won't let me. How on the earth do you stop the hunger? I get hungry like every hour or so. :o Aww, I do too Tiger. I just try to eat the fruits and good stuff and get full on that. Hard, I know, but just use your mind and will.

Tigerlily
Jul 20th, 2006, 02:37 AM
Yeah. In all honesty, I'd just rather be fat. :(

Wishin986
Jul 20th, 2006, 02:54 AM
Ahh PMS killllsss me w. food intake - I always eat more around that time annd usually feel so much worse too bc of bloating. its awful