PDA

View Full Version : Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91

Tigerlily
Aug 9th, 2006, 03:22 AM
Roxy isn't allowed to post in this thread. I've seen her in the flesh. She's imagining any extra weight she thinks she has. :p

foxytina_69
Aug 9th, 2006, 04:39 AM
youve met roxy already??? OMG its so exciting.

i know, i always see pictures of her and im just like oh roxy lol, youre so beautiful!!!

foxytina_69
Aug 9th, 2006, 04:59 AM
argh i dont know what else to eat to get more protein. im SO not hungry and i still need more protein. sighhhhh.

Monday
Aug 9th, 2006, 12:45 PM
I'm so pleased with myself - I cooked and made a moussaka that will last for at least 3 days!!! And a sweet potato soup that I can have for lunch and will last me for days. This is all virtually fat free and will really boost vegetable intake! I was exhausted yesterday - I hardly stopped. Am getting extra walking cos am going over to mum's every morning to help her clean up her rabbit as it is not well and its' bottom is getting in a state. So extra exercise!

I weighed myself at my mum's and I have lost a further 1.8 pounds!

I think it is because I have been so busy the last few days with extra walking and lots of housework. I am so tired today!!

Well done vegandrummersam for going to the gym and well done everyone else for keeping on!

Monday x

Tigerlily
Aug 9th, 2006, 12:55 PM
youve met roxy already??? OMG its so exciting.

i know, i always see pictures of her and im just like oh roxy lol, youre so beautiful!!!

Yes, I did. :)

twinkle
Aug 9th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Thanks guys. I ate such a big chunk of tofu because I was so hungry!

I'll have to be more careful with that from now on though, because I didn't realise that tofu was so fattening :o

Nevermind......today is a new day.

160g tofu, 15g fat - that's less than 10% fat - I would not class that as fattening, and it's certainly not "bad" fat!

foxytina_69
Aug 10th, 2006, 05:18 AM
i think 15 grams of fat is alot if youre trying to eat low fat. i dont eat over 30 a day. that would be half my intake right there.

today:

breakfast:
-sauteed mushrooms
snacks:
-cup chocolate soy milk
-handful chips
-cup of slurpee
-half cup soy yogurt w/ bio k
dinner:
-3 slices mock meatloaf w/ fried onions and gravy
-scoop of mashed potatoes w/ gravy
-schezwan green beans

herbwormwood
Aug 10th, 2006, 01:05 PM
I would not worry about eating low fat. A vegan wholefood diet rich in fruit and veggies is low fat anyway. Tofu is not a high fat food unless it is fried.
Cutting out fat too much can cause serious problems including vitamin deficiencies as some vitamins need fat in order to be absorbed.
It would be sensible to avoid processed, junk and fried foods except maybe a couple of times a week but other than that why restrict fat on a vegan diet?

cedarblue
Aug 10th, 2006, 01:52 PM
i looked at a gym signpost today and after that i thought about the local sports centre :)

foxytina_69
Aug 10th, 2006, 02:33 PM
well, a high carb low fat diet has been proven to be the best route to weight loss, regardless of if its a vegan diet or not. yes, tofu is high in fat. it adds alot to my daily limit. a low fat diet is considered 30% or less of your daily intake coming from fat. i find it to be the best way to lose weight, rather than just a low calorie high fat diet.

claireyveg
Aug 10th, 2006, 11:40 PM
Surely how much fat is in tofu depends on the kind, the tofu i have says only 2gms fat per 100gms, maybe you should look around for a lower fat kind?

twinkle
Aug 11th, 2006, 02:04 AM
If even a "high fat" tofu has less than 10% fat and you're aiming for a total of less than 30%... I fail to see the problem, as long as you're having your fresh fruit and veg quotient (and hence very little fat at all in that percentage of your food intake). You've got your fruit and veg with no fat, tofu with a fairly small amount, and then higher fat (but still good) foods like nuts, avocado, etc.

I'm sorry, I cannot accept tofu as being a bad food to have, under any circumstances apart from allergy.

foxytina_69
Aug 11th, 2006, 02:51 AM
i dont think tofu is a bad food twinkle, infact, its one of my favorites!! and it definitely ISNT a problem if i eat low fat the rest of the day and eat lots of fruits and veggies, like you said. but if i DO eat tofu, since it does have alot of fat, i have to becareful not to eat alot of OTHER fats during the day so i can keep my intake at a low level. but i definitely love tofu. i just have to eat lower fat during the day when i plan to eat that. :)

herbwormwood
Aug 11th, 2006, 05:15 PM
well, a high carb low fat diet has been proven to be the best route to weight loss, regardless of if its a vegan diet or not. yes, tofu is high in fat. it adds alot to my daily limit. a low fat diet is considered 30% or less of your daily intake coming from fat. i find it to be the best way to lose weight, rather than just a low calorie high fat diet.

Do I sense the influence of the great Dr Atkins?

foxytina_69
Aug 11th, 2006, 07:58 PM
uhm no, lol. the atkins diet is high fat high protein?

yesterday:

snacks:
-watermelon
-soy yogurt w/ bio k
-1 1/2 cups chocolate soy milk
-1/2 cup basmati rice w/ peas
-couple handfuls chips
-vanilla soy icecream float

im not really sure why i snacked all day instead of eating any meals!

foxytina_69
Aug 11th, 2006, 08:08 PM
oh, i forgot to say i lost a pound yesterday. and ive been going for lots of walks lately, but i keep forgetting to say so!

how is everyone doing?

foxytina_69
Aug 12th, 2006, 06:49 AM
another pound lost today.

today:

lunch:
-mac n cheese
snacks:
-soy yogurt w/ bio k
-few tortilla chips w/ salsa
dinner:
-2 veggie subs
-baked lays
-diet pop

herbwormwood
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:48 PM
uhm no, lol. the atkins diet is high fat high protein?

Ahhh! Yea! (Duh!) Sorry.;)

foxytina_69
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:53 PM
lol :) i hate the atkins diet. its just a ridiculous concept!! what better way to kill your kidneys/liver than with the atkins diet. :rolleyes:

foxytina_69
Aug 14th, 2006, 03:27 AM
yesterday:

-burrito w/ baked beans, tomato, salsa, lettuce
-few peices of vegan pizza

today:

-2 peices vegan pizza
-3 burritos (flour tortilla, taco meat, soy sour cream, cheese sauce, tomatoes and lettuce)
-10 tater tots
-half a bottle of berry boost smoothie

aubergine
Aug 14th, 2006, 10:23 AM
One week at the gym and I'm already noticind a visible difference to my shape.

It feels really wierd to see muscle definition where there wasn't ever any muscle visible at all.

foxytina_69
Aug 15th, 2006, 10:53 AM
thats great sam!

today:

lunch:
-shared fries w/ steev at the mall
snack:
-soy yogurt w/ bio k
dinner:
-6 small tacos
-diet pop

also went for a walk.

foxytina_69
Aug 16th, 2006, 02:18 AM
today:

brunch:
-soy yogurt w/ bio k and chopped mango
dinner:
-teriyaki tofu veggie stirfry (cubed tofu marinated in homemade teriyaki sauce, w/ baby bok choy, carrots, peas, green beans, onions, green pepper, baby corns, mushrooms and celery) served over brown rice
-cup chocolate soy milk

foxytina_69
Aug 17th, 2006, 02:42 AM
today:

lunch:
-3 potato skins
-big cup of coffee w/ soy milk
dinner:
-bowl of mac n cheese
-half sandwich of sprouts and meatloaf
-cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
-cup of soy milk

how is everyone doing? its getting lonely in here!

twinkle
Aug 17th, 2006, 04:38 PM
I'm not really trying to get fit and healthy at the moment - I was doing quite well, then I put on about 8lb in the last couple of weeks :( so now I'm on a crash diet for the next month so I can get into a bridesmaid dress on September 16th.

This morning I had strawberry and blueberry fruit salad for breakfast, a banana at breaktime.

Lunch was a naked baked potato (quite small) and a green salad, an orange and an apple.

Now I'm drinking coffee and trying to decide what I can have for dinner which will fill me up and not just make me feel like I'm still hungry and lead me to wolfing down toast later on.