PDA

View Full Version : Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91

TofurkyZombie
Apr 3rd, 2006, 07:42 PM
Hooray for free time and being able to do what you WANT to do!! I am going to do something I want to do today and hit up a yoga class. :D Yippeee!!!

Alcohol is ridiculous for calories. It's probably a good thing or else I'd be drinking all the time.

Welcome Monday! It's nice to have a place to talk about the trials and tribulations of trying to be toned. :)

Foxytina it took about a year of writing down every calorie I put into my body and exercising daily. But the time goes by fast enough always and once I was done it didn't seem like it was all that hard! Now though, damn! Losing the last 20 odd pounds is freaking impossible!!! :( I know why though, I have become complacent because compared to how big I was how I look now is awesome. I want to look better though...

TofurkyZombie
Apr 3rd, 2006, 07:42 PM
*i'm an idiot. scuse me pardon me... *

Tigerlily
Apr 3rd, 2006, 09:29 PM
So! I decided to write out a plan. :)

Each day, I want to have/do:

5-6 cups of water (any more hurts!)
10 servings of fruits (1/2 cup is a serv.) and veggies (1 cup raw, 1/2 cup cooked is a serv.)
2 cups of fortified soy milk or rice milk
1 to 2 tsps flax oil/1 to 2 tbsps ground flaxseeds AND 1 tsp of olive oil
3+ servings of grains (1 cup of brown rice, 1 cup of oatmeal, etc)
2+ servings of a high protein food (1 cup quinoa, 1 veggie burger, 1 cup beans, etc)
Weekly treat of a few pieces of chocolate, bowl of soy ice cream, small bag of chips (not all of them, just pick one :D)
Limited intake of caffeine, excess sodium, excess sugars, excess fats, excess refined cards, and excess of junk food in general
Exercise daily for at least 35 minutes a day

I would like to lose 10 lbs!

Yoggy
Apr 3rd, 2006, 09:39 PM
Wow Tigerlily, that's quite a formidible plan! Good luck to you :) . Are you planning on implementing it gradually or all at once?

Well I didn't do any situps yesterday, but then I did do 500 a day for the 2 days before that. Maybe Sundays should be my lazy, no-situp day. My diet was crap yesterday (Thai noodles for lunch, spring rolls and Thai soup for supper), but today I've brought loads of fruit and veg to work. Here's what I'm eating today:

Breakfast: big bowl of red grapes

Lunch: more grapes; some garden medley stew from "How it All Vegan"; a sliced cucumber and 4 medium organic carrots cut into sticks, with some dip; and 6 ginger thins. If I'm still hungry, I may have to get a small bag of corn chips from the vending machine :o . It's better than being hungry and not getting any work done.

Supper: mashed potatoes and cooked carrots (I have to use up my carrots before they go bad!)

I slept in this morning so I only did 100 situps so far. I'll try to squeeze in the other 400 by the end of the day, but I won't beat myself up if I don't make it.

Tigerlily
Apr 3rd, 2006, 09:42 PM
Wow Tigerlily, that's quite a formidible plan! Good luck to you :) . Are you planning on implementing it gradually or all at once?

Well, I already do a little bit. I would like to start following as closely as possible!

puffin
Apr 3rd, 2006, 10:04 PM
I am going to start writing what i eat for a few days so i can keep an eye on my nibbling.
I shall start tomorrow when it will be a better day.

foxytina_69
Apr 3rd, 2006, 10:10 PM
well another crap day for tina. why do i let my family sabatoge my wanting to eat healthy? my sister bought me chips and a slushie for waking up and going to her house to meet the cable and phone people. ofcourse i accepted. god knows tina cant resist chips and a slushie.

then later, my dad and his gf are coming down, and want to have dinner at my sisters apartment, so i assume ill eat veggie burgers, schezwan green beans and some form of potatoes.

sigh. hopefully after theyre gone and my sisters settled in, i wont have anyone offering me crap foods cause i cant resist them!

feral
Apr 3rd, 2006, 10:41 PM
Have you room for one more?

I'll be no where in the same league as you guys cos my body's a bit of a wreck but I'm trying to devise an exercise plan with the help of my hubby atm. I'd like to build my stamina up enough to go for a daily walk/do some yoga. I'd like to loose 10lbs by July as we're going to Dublin for 5 nights, I need to loose more but would be more than happy if I was rid of 10 for now!

veganbikerboy
Apr 3rd, 2006, 10:45 PM
i can't believe how little you girls eat, i think i eat as much as you all put together:D i'd be embarressed to post my portion sizes (no jokes please:) )

Foxy, don't worry about a bad day - i always work on the average theory as long as this weeks better than last your making progress:)

tigerlilly, your plan looks good, good luck with it:)

ate good again today except for a couple of biscuits, peanut butter on toast for brekkie, leftover chickpea and corriander salad for lunch with two pittas, just deciding on dinner - too late to eat much though.

Also went swimming which i really enjoyed!

malice
Apr 4th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Oooh! I want to join!

I have a bet with my friend to lose 20 pounds by mid-June. So far, I've only lost three..lol. I think it has something to do with my eating habits for the last month or so, so I've changed them. I work out about three times a week with a personal trainer, and try to fit in some cardio and stuff at home. I adore my trainer, but I'm running out of sessions and don't have enough money to buy more right now, so I'm really going to need people to give me hell when I haven't worked out :)

foxytina_69
Apr 4th, 2006, 08:03 AM
3 is great malice! i wish i could lose 3!

today i got in lots of exercise just moving stuff around the house and cleaning.

all i ate was the chips and slushie my sister bought me. my dad and his gf ended up not wanting to stay, so we never had dinner. its midnight and i still havent eaten :S

maybe ill make a nice bowl of brown rice pasta and a smoothie to go with it. kindof cancel out the badness of the chips and slushie lol. mightaswell end the day on a healthy note i suppose! i was going to eat veggie dogs, but i suppose eating wheat isnt very good for me, and i usually save it for the weekend, so ill just eat brown rice pasta instead.

ofcourse i didnt get enough nutrition today at all, so im not even bothering entering in the info onto fitday.

im so excited to get the tv in the living room because once thats in here, i can finally workout to my videos.

foxytina_69
Apr 4th, 2006, 08:55 AM
i ended up eating brown rice pasta w/ sauce, spices, nut. yeast, and fried onions. it was really good and filling!

and i had lots of water today.

Antonia
Apr 4th, 2006, 10:41 AM
I've kept a food diary for over a week now, (I'd recommend it).
So a typical day for me is a smoothie for breakfast, a homous sandwich with fruit for lunch and some combination of stirfry, jacket potato, salad, pasta, soup.. for dinner. Snacks; 1 homemade muffin a day.

I feel a bit better, but I haven't noticed any weight/size related changes.

I've intensified my workout at the gym (with the help of my bf). It's a comforting feeling when your muscles ache a little for the rest of the day.

I don't think I'm going to get anywhere fast at this rate though. I need some new ideas. The only time I successfully lost a worthwhile amount of weight in the past was when I was addicted to running and was eating about 700 cal a day. I don't wanna do that again.

Tigerlily
Apr 4th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Haha, I'm the opposite, Antonia. I'm trying not to keep a food diary as they make me extremely obesessive and I end up doing this in an eating disordered way (obessesing over every half ounce I eat, etc). Sometimes the food diaries would keep me up at night! :eek: So my only "food diary" for now is the "Proud to Eat Healthy". :p

TofurkyZombie
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Welcome Malice and you sexxxy chicky feral. :D

Yesterday I didn't eat nearly enough but I was busy and didn't notice being hungry. :p

I ate an amy's bean and rice burrito, some mashed potatoes with spinach mixed through and some "chicken" strips. Total for the day was 675 calories plus I did my bikram class yesterday. I will eat more today. However the scale really liked me this morning it's tempting to do this everyday till summer comes. :(

feral
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Welcome Malice and you sexxxy chicky feral. :D

Mmmmmmmm I like that :D thanks babe :D

Yesterday I didn't eat nearly enough but I was busy and didn't notice being hungry. :p

I ate an amy's bean and rice burrito, some mashed potatoes with spinach mixed through and some "chicken" strips. Total for the day was 675 calories plus I did my bikram class yesterday. I will eat more today. However the scale really liked me this morning it's tempting to do this everyday till summer comes. :(

I find if I don't eat too much in the evening or have dinner too late the scales like me more, it's a good incentive to eat lightly. Not today though, I've been starving all day no matter what I've eaten :o

tabitha
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:30 PM
I have done an hour and a half c.v. I am superwomans granny:D

Roxy
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Tina - how do you like the Breathe Easy tea? Does it work for you?

I laughed when I read the bit you posted about the fried onions ;) You can cook them whenever you want now!

Tiggerwoo
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:37 PM
I did tai chi for an hour and half hours walk down the canal yesterday.

Now have just got home after having a 2 mile walk down the river.... my hands are frozen and can barely type this!

tabitha
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Wow Tigs, you are superwomans grandaughter then.

Tiggerwoo
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Wow Tigs, you are superwomans grandaughter then.

LOL....... you're the energetic one....... hour and a half of cardio! Dangerous!:D

tabitha
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:57 PM
LOL....... you're the energetic one....... hour and a half of cardio! Dangerous!:D

Yes, but what I didnt mention is that Im typing this in Casualty LOL.

Tigerlily
Apr 4th, 2006, 08:01 PM
I just had a small bag of chips and I just bought a box of cookies. Oops, I forgot about my plan. :p :p

Tiggerwoo
Apr 4th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Yes, but what I didnt mention is that Im typing this in Casualty LOL.

LOL, but I'm typing this watching Casualty on TV!:D

Yoggy
Apr 4th, 2006, 08:36 PM
LOL about the chips/cookies Tigerlily :) I did something similar yesterday, but luckily it didn't work out quite how I had planned. My friend was going to 7-11 and asked if I needed anything. Without thinking I asked her to bring me back a bag of Lays original potato chips. And what did she come back with? Baked Lays :eek: . YUCK! lol. I guess it was karma coming back to bite me in the ass :o

Yesterday I ran out of oatmeal and fruit, so this morning I had a bagel with Tofutti for breakfast :o . I'm really trying to avoid wheat products, but they're just so good! But I'm SO full right now, because I haven't had such a heavy breakfast in ages, so I won't be doing that again soon.

I also ran out of potatoes, so instead of the mashed potatoes and carrots that I had planned to have for supper last night, I ended up having a 6-inch veggie sub from Subway with lettuce, cucumber, green peppers, black pepper, mustard and some of my own vegenaise.

Here's what I brought to work to eat today:
3 canned pear halves in 100% juice
3 medium organic carrots, sliced (no dressing today :D )
6 ginger thins
the last of my leftover garden medley stew.

I only got to 250 situps yesterday :( . But today I've already done 200, and it's only 9:30 a.m., so I have the whole evening to get in the other 300.