PDA

View Full Version : Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91

absentmindedfan
Sep 8th, 2007, 12:27 PM
I go before breakfast, usually around 6am.

foxytina_69
Sep 9th, 2007, 12:32 PM
well i weighed myself, and i gained 15 pounds in only a few days. i think most of it is due to too much sodium and all the gluten. (people with celiac disease gain tons of weight in their stomachs if they eat gluten and retain lots of water) im going to see if its just water. i lost 5 of the pounds overnight so obviously that was just water so we'll see within the next few days if it goes away.

im doing my fast today.

foxytina_69
Sep 9th, 2007, 02:54 PM
well i did exercise finally.

i did 40 minutes of yoga. i was sweating and got red faced and had an asthma attack because of it, but i did it! but now its made me naseous and im going to vomit right now.......

foxytina_69
Sep 10th, 2007, 04:58 PM
well i ended up vomiting pretty violently after i wrote that ^, and i was going to fast the next day but obviously that would have been stupid considering i was really dehydratedand sick from vomiting so much.

im pissed that i cant exercise or else i vomit. this is so retarded.

the flu is getting worse. sigh.

and i just realized how much sodium ive been getting from the veggie dogs. way too much sodium, which is why ive been retaining so much water weight damn it. its one annoying thing after another.

sugarmouse
Sep 10th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Maybe you are just not well enough yet for exercise other than the v gentle kiind ,Foxy? ((HUGS))

Today I was off work sick, and slept until 3pm.
I have ran for about 27 mins..at 7.4 km per hour
I have eaten some cooked mushrooms and cabbage and had some broth, lots of water. Its the sleep thats making me healthier I think!

foxytina_69
Sep 10th, 2007, 06:12 PM
sugarmouse, thats why i did yoga, because it IS the most gentle exercise lol. not sure if theres anything more gentle than yoga. stretching is pretty much the same as yoga, thats the only thing i can think of thats more gentle, and its not even considered exercise.

sugarmouse
Sep 10th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Yes I guess so, I presumed you were doing the more strenuous types :(sorry hun.I wish I was more able tohelp you!

foxytina_69
Sep 11th, 2007, 11:22 AM
lost 2 more pounds. woohoo.

foxytina_69
Sep 12th, 2007, 12:04 PM
ate healthy yesterday, but not enough protein at all. i felt too sick to eat anything else though.

the raw stuff ended up giving me a tummy ache. not really sure what thats about and am wondering if maybe ive developed an ulcer or something from vomiting so much.

still havent felt well enough to start my fast, with vomiting and nausea.

foxytina_69
Sep 12th, 2007, 03:16 PM
i am happy that i am losing some water retention weight. it makes it very hard to breathe and move around when ive got so much extra water to carry around. i hate having massive water retention problems.

foxytina_69
Sep 13th, 2007, 01:27 PM
well i havent been getting enough protein for only a couple days and already my cheeks are doing that dry flaky thing they do when i dont get enough. arrgghhhh. i find it really difficult to get my protein because i cant eat enough. a lot of the time food sounds really nasty to me and makes me want to vomit, so i have to literally shove food down my throat and almost throw it up. goddamnit.

but i have been eating healthier at least. no fries or chips or candy or junkfood. well i guess the slushees arent healthy because i use sugar in them, but its better than not eating at all i suppose.

i think i would be completely screwed if it wasnt for steev. hes the one that gets groceries and stuff for us. if i lived by myself id probably be long dead by now from not eating anything.

hope everyones doing well with getting fit and healthy.

what season do you all find it easier to be fit and healthy in? i find summer is my worst because i cant stand the heat and cant do anything at all if im hot, not even cook. im my healthiest in the colder months.

foxytina_69
Sep 14th, 2007, 08:48 AM
well today the pms has gone into overload so i couldnt resist chips or i was going to go crazy. but instead of the crap ones, i got veggie chips to eat with hummus and guacamole instead, so theyd be a bit healthier. oh and i also ate a burrito which i wasnt supposed to cause of the gluten, but pms got in the way of that too lol. which makes me extremely pissy about how today turned around. well at least tomorrow is a new day! oh but i did get all my protein today so woohoo.

xwitchymagicx
Sep 14th, 2007, 01:51 PM
the raw stuff ended up giving me a tummy ache. not really sure what thats about and am wondering if maybe ive developed an ulcer or something from vomiting so much.

:( That sucks, I hope you don't have an ulcer.

I get tummy ache a lot too, but that is from other stuff...

What is wrong with you anyway...I know you've got breathing problems but...:confused: Obviously you don't have to say!

foxytina_69
Sep 14th, 2007, 02:37 PM
i have major nausea and vomiting everyday. were not really sure what is causing it, and it could be something with my heart, but were not sure. so its hard to keep down food and eat enough.

xwitchymagicx
Sep 14th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Oh...that sucks. It must be worse not knowing exactly what is causing it...:(

----------------

Anyway...I've decided to order the veg box (6 different veg) and fruit bag (3 different fruit) as I don't much like fruit, and I can't eat much fruit because of stupid allergies anyway. I'll get two less fruit than I ordered this week but it should be ok. I save £3.27 by buying the smaller bag, so I can spend it on other healthy stuff.

9 different fruit and veg a week should be ok for variation...as what is in the box/bag changes every week...and variation is key...supposedly. lol

Next week I should get:

bananas
melon
apples UK
broccoli UK
bunched carrots UK
lettuce UK
onions UK
tomatoes
potatoes UK

The tomatoes...ugh...I can only eat them cooked, something in the raw ones makes me ill, dunno how this works, but I'm strange. lol :confused:

xwitchymagicx
Sep 14th, 2007, 02:52 PM
beetroot UK
bunched carrots UK
onions UK
potatoes UK
perpetual spinach UK
cabbage UK

bananas
grapes
melon
peaches
pears UK

That is what I've got at the moment...got to work out some healthy recipes from those. lol :confused:

foxytina_69
Sep 14th, 2007, 02:54 PM
you can do lots of yummy stuff with tomatoes witchy. why not make a pot of chili with them? (the tomatoes cook down so much you barely even notice theyre there) and you could use different beans, some onion, some textured soy protein for protein, if you have it, and you could even put it between two pieces of rice toast for a "sloppy joe" sandwich!

i wish we had a program like that here for fruits and veggies! god that sounds great.

foxytina_69
Sep 14th, 2007, 02:56 PM
you could make a really yummy veggie soup that would last you a while with those veggies, and with those fruits, how about a gluten free pear crumble? (i have a recipe if you want it) or bananas sliced with a little melted dark chocolate as a dessert. fresh melon or grapes for breakfast or snack.

sugarmouse
Sep 14th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Iwas healthy yesterday, ate cabbage, apples and salad.
Didnt exercise though, and I tried to run today but felt too sickly and achy. ..only did 20 mins.
Think my lack of food is now catching up with me, so today I have decided to not diet so drastically, and have eaten a bit of rice and some soup :)

foxytina_69
Sep 14th, 2007, 03:23 PM
sugar, im worried about your protein. ive been through the hell of a protein deficiency and i dont want you to go through that so try to get some protein hon. (and remember, protein takes longer to digest and therefor keeps you fuller for longer, meaning you eat less food that day and keeps your appetite in check)

today i plan on starting my fast. im really freakin sick with the flu and feel horrible so i need to do it now, and it will also stop me from getting junkfood this weekend from pms. im going to do my first 2 days as a prune juice and apple juice cleanse.

i hope i feel better soon.

xwitchymagicx
Sep 14th, 2007, 03:32 PM
We'll just have to see what I feel like cooking lol.

I don't even think about protein...I have quinoa, nuts...erm...soya chunks...

It is just easier having them choose it for me, as I only eat the same things week in week out, so least I get variety this way. :rolleyes:

I always have nuts on there own, never with carbs...

Same with fruit, always on its own as it is easily digested, and melon I eat on its own.

foxytina_69
Sep 14th, 2007, 03:49 PM
protein and fat takes longer to digest than carbohydrates. carbohydrates take two hours on average to digest, protein takes 3-4 hours on average to digest, and fats take about 6 hours to break down.

so if sugarmouse eats a salad, shes going to get hungry probably in two hours because it will be done digesting, but if she ate a handful of nuts which are high in good fats and high in protein, shed be fuller a lot longer.

xwitchymagicx
Sep 14th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Yes, I know.

I've been reading this Gillian Mc book whatever she is called. :o Even if she does use honey and is obsessed with the fish. :confused:

absentmindedfan
Sep 14th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 3 mile run before work, Thursday was my first attempt at a tempo run (if it works for the Kenyans it's good enough for me) and this morning I felt much lighter on my feet. It's nice to get back into running after having a week or so off through illness.

Long run tomorrow...bliss

xwitchymagicx
Sep 14th, 2007, 05:15 PM
I just did some "strengthening" exercises...

I consider walking to and from college, and up and down four flights of stairs over and over to be considered exercise too. lol