PDA

View Full Version : Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91

xwitchymagicx
Sep 22nd, 2007, 12:03 PM
I ate crap yesterday because I was lazy...:rolleyes:

sugarmouse
Sep 22nd, 2007, 02:35 PM
I ran Thursday for half an hour, and yesterday for 25 mins. Not today though. I am hungover and tired!
It sucks though because I am working tomorrow and monday so cannot make the gym... but I hope to do a jog round te park after work tomorrow.
On the plus side yesterday I ate chestnuts, salad,seaweed and a bit of soup... more calories than I wanted, but healthy.:)I am going to start counting te miles I run like you, AMF, by the time I am 40 I mnay have caught you up lol

absentmindedfan
Sep 22nd, 2007, 02:57 PM
Building up the miles, even to 20 a week, takes time. And if you want to achieve it you will have to eat more or your body will not be able to fuel and repair itself and you'll be spinning your wheels (trainers?) and not getting anywhere.
Even running 10 miles a week I was eating at least 1800 cals a day and not gaining a pound. If I don't eat enough and run I feel awful and it affects my performance.

sugarmouse
Sep 22nd, 2007, 06:57 PM
I havent been counting miles or Kilometres at all yet, just judging my improvement by how long I can run for. 30 mins is easy ish for me now, so I have started upping the speed and incline. I wil work out how far I run a time now, and see if I can up it..if I run for 30 mins 3 times a week at 7.8 km how far is that ?lol

sugarmouse
Sep 24th, 2007, 11:51 AM
I did it yesterday, after I finished work the gym was closed, but I wanted to run, so I went round the park near where I live! I am proud, I know it ismt much but I cannever normally run outside ! I find it difficult and am self concious, but I did it, I ran most of the way, stopping and walking only when there were a few people or it was too muddy to risk falling over.I am going to build it up, the speed and so I can run all the way round:)
Yesterday I ate salad, chickpeas and soup.

foxytina_69
Sep 24th, 2007, 01:11 PM
good for you sugarmouse!

absentmindedfan
Sep 24th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Yay sugarmouse! (You still need to eat more though or your body will convert everything to fat)

I ran 3 miles this morning, easy pace. I might do a tempo run tomorrow

Noogle
Sep 24th, 2007, 03:53 PM
So I weighed myself morning and got a shock to see that I'm now 10 stone [5ft 3inch height] which just puts me into the 'overweight' section on BMI.

I've been feeling quite 'big' for a while now, but this has finally spurred me on to do something about it. I want to lose a stone [for now], but I really don't know where to start. I thought my diet was good as it was!

foxytina_69
Sep 24th, 2007, 05:07 PM
the bmi is crap. i never listen to it. it always says im overweight. i think everyone should just go by how they feel instead of a chart.

if you really do feel too "big", and you think your diet is fine, maybe you just need more exercise? what kind of exercise do you do?

if you eat a healthy balanced diet you probably dont need to change it. you probably just need more exercise.

im still around 150 pounds. im my most comfortable around 140, and im 5'2! im having a lot of trouble getting there though and its been pissing me off a lot. its because i cant exercise. im too damn sick. it sucks.

140 for 5'2 would be considered overweight by bmi, but i think i look fab at 140. i dont want to be skinny, i think a little extra meat on the bones looks nice. i feel too small any lower than that.i like being curvy its who i am and makes me feel sexy and womanly.

you weigh 140 at 5'3! i wish i weighed that :D

Noogle
Sep 24th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Thanks Foxytina. :D Well I know I'm wouldn't be considered 'fat' or what have you, but it's not the weight I should be. I've known it for a while but it was the weighing myself and realising I've went up a stone that cemented it.

My diet is great, but perhaps I eat too much 'stodgy' food? For dinner every night I have things like spag bol, curry, chili, shepherd's pie etc. I make all my meals from scratch so I know it's good food, but perhaps I shouldn't have so much of it. I've just changed my rice and pastas for brown but I don't think that'll make a huge difference.

I do snack though, this I believe is where I fall - I'd be tiny if I didn't work in an office! I take sandwiches to work but I don't think they're enough, I feel hungry mid-afternoon and then I eat.

It's weird in that, when I'm hungry, I get really quite weak, to the point that I don't think I can make it home without passing out or something, so I need sugar/calories/food! Doctors have never told me what that was apart from ruling out diabetes, so I haven't had it treated, but I think that might be a big part of the problem. I need to be more organized though and carry more healthy food with me.

As for exercise, well I don't do a lot of it. I'm pretty bad at it! My willpower in keeping up a routine of exercise has never been good, although there was a period where I was Miss Superfit due to an exercise video! I guess that answers my question, I need to buy one of those, invite a friend round and start getting things back together.

Thanks for listening, that was long! :D

xwitchymagicx
Sep 24th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Eat lots lots more sugamouse if you want to run that far! Good luck with the whole running thing, hope you've got a decent pair of running trainers or something, to protect your ankles, knees a little bit. :confused:

ClawsyWP
Sep 25th, 2007, 07:59 AM
It's weird in that, when I'm hungry, I get really quite weak, to the point that I don't think I can make it home without passing out or something, so I need sugar/calories/food! Doctors have never told me what that was apart from ruling out diabetes, so I haven't had it treated, but I think that might be a big part of the problem. I need to be more organized though and carry more healthy food with me.

I thought this kinda thing is low blood sugars? (i hope it isn't diabetes) I get this too, it sucks, sometimes i am not feeling hungry at all, but i get really weak and yuck feeling, have to lie down after grabbing some food to stuff in my face. its gross, and i always have to keep snacks with me so i don't go all weak when out. Also if i eat a lot of sugar, watch out because soon after i get extremely weak and shaky.

im going to the gp this AM to try get some advice. I went years ago to my old gp and they did one blood test, which apparently is not the best one to do. Typical!
I remeber walking to the gps place then, i got the shakes from lack of food on the way and had to stop and buy a museli bar, shakes went away by the time the blood was taken. I was told they are supposed to do a fasting blood test, which are lots of tests over a period of hours...not sure why they didn't do this.

So hopefully this GP now will be half decent and listen to me and give me a decent test.I'm also going to ask for some blood tests for iron, b12 and cholesterol.

About exercise, at the moment getting/gotten over the flu and bronchitus, yesterday was first day felt lots of energy, so i went for a 15/20 min run, total 30 mins exercise, where i walked fast and also walked up 16 flights of stairs yay.

ClawsyWP
Sep 25th, 2007, 09:20 AM
I saw the GP and she said it was low blood sugars, she seemed a bit annoyed that I was going there because of that. I felt like Iwas wasting her time.

I also asked for a blood test for iron and b12 cause im vegan and ive not checked these for a few years, and so shes also going to test for diabetes at same time.(i think to shut me up, even though i dont think it is diabetes, its jsut the fricking low blood sugars are horrible)

She did say I can see the dietican if i wanted to help the blood sugars but i don't really like dieticans and said no thx.

sugarmouse
Sep 25th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Eat lots lots more sugamouse if you want to run that far! Good luck with the whole running thing, hope you've got a decent pair of running trainers or something, to protect your ankles, knees a little bit. :confused:

I am not sure how far it is around the park near where I live

http://www.visitlancashire.com/site/p-1810?epaction=add&epkey=1810&map=1
When I run normally it is on a treadmill for 30 mins between 7.5 and 8.0 kilometres per hour.
I do have some good trainers witchy, they make me feel bouncy ! my old ones were knackered!
I tink you look fab foxy:)
I am 5'3 and before I began this diet regime was `10st 5.

foxytina_69
Sep 25th, 2007, 10:30 AM
thanks sugarmouse :D ditto to you, i think your body is perfect and that you dont need to lose any weight lol.

do you mean 10 stone 5 pounds?

sugarmouse
Sep 25th, 2007, 11:31 AM
thanks sugarmouse :D ditto to you, i think your body is perfect and that you dont need to lose any weight lol.

do you mean 10 stone 5 pounds?

Yes :)
Thankies, I feel sooo flabby though! I am glad my regime is working.

foxytina_69
Sep 25th, 2007, 11:52 AM
i wish i weighed what you weigh! lol.

ive been eating healthy. the 2 cheat days a month thing is really helping. im not eating crap all the time now.

sugarmouse
Sep 25th, 2007, 07:20 PM
I am one inch taller than you are you 5'2 you say?
I do think you look great as you are though foxy:)
yesterday I ate 3 apples, and cabbage salad..
Today so far i made cabbage soup and have eaten loads of that, a huge bowl of salad and some popadums (not fried)
I ran fo 33 mins, 4.9 kilometres today on the treadmill so thats better than most days:)

Noogle
Sep 25th, 2007, 10:05 PM
I saw the GP and she said it was low blood sugars, she seemed a bit annoyed that I was going there because of that. I felt like Iwas wasting her time.

I also asked for a blood test for iron and b12 cause im vegan and ive not checked these for a few years, and so shes also going to test for diabetes at same time.(i think to shut me up, even though i dont think it is diabetes, its jsut the fricking low blood sugars are horrible)

She did say I can see the dietican if i wanted to help the blood sugars but i don't really like dieticans and said no thx.

Good to hear you got a diagnosis - I'm thinking I have the same thing, will have to call for an appointment at the doctors and get myself sorted too. I've been looking up natural treatments for hypoglycemia and it's pretty much 'no sugar!'. Pain!

I've ordered the fitness video I used to love, when it comes through the door I'll be ready. :)

Haniska
Sep 26th, 2007, 04:26 AM
I've been doing good walking to do all of my business in town, and also taking Roxie for longer walks during the day.
I'm working on making more foods from scratch and also some "suck it in and breath" exercises.

sugarmouse
Sep 26th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Today I walked to and from work 40 mins altogether, then ran for 25 minutes onthe treadmill.
I have eaten 2 sachets of miso soup,and three sweeties:-) (vegan jellies)
and had a soy milk cappucino.
I will eat dinner later, not sure what yet.

xrodolfox
Sep 26th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Before class today, I hit the pool.

I did 2 X (5 X 100yds) on 1:10 pace on a 1:15 interval (or ~4 seconds rest). It was tough, and I'm getting old. But it was fun.

Then I finished up with 5 X 100yds on the 1:15 pace on a 1:20 interval, which was nice and easy and a 400 IM on the 5:30, which I did slowly. I did some drill at the beginning and end to make it a total of 2000yards in 27.5 minutes.

I'm going to have to do that again next week.

Roxy
Sep 27th, 2007, 02:36 AM
I haven't been swimming in ages! I'm still taking my Yoga class once a week, but due to illness I gave the class a miss this week.

foxytina_69
Sep 27th, 2007, 04:29 AM
yesterday and today i have mostly eating processed stuff. ive been too tired and blah to eat anything else. hopefully ill get back to fresh food soon. im sure its not helping me feel any better.

xwitchymagicx
Sep 28th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Oh my! I haven't done my execises for ages! :(:mad:

Next Thursday I'll be getting:

bunched carrots UK
onions UK
squash UK
leeks UK
potatoes UK
sweet potato
mushrooms
bananas