PDA

View Full Version : Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91

xwitchymagicx
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:39 AM
Exercise! :)

Although I say that and exercise is making mine worse...it can't be because I'm doing it wrong as the exercising was working for months until I had to start carrying my college bag. :mad:

sugarmouse
Nov 1st, 2007, 07:46 PM
I dont know whats the matter with me at the moment. I went the gym on Sunda happily.
On Monday I just felt like anything other than running so thought I would leave it a day and go on Tues.I did go on Tues, and cold only do 15 minutes before I felt sick of it.
Then today I went again and made it to 17 minutes, even though before I got there I had felt so in the mood for it, really looking forward to runnign actually.I got so fed up and hot and sweaty wheras normally I love it. I think maybe cos' the gym was hotter than normal,more busy..I dont know!I hope its just a phase.

foxytina_69
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:22 AM
maybe it could have something to do with your protein levels doll.

today i ate healthy. siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

clare155
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:07 PM
Hi Everyone!

Ive just found this thread and had a read through the last 10 pages or so and was wondering if I could join in?
Im quite overweight and would like to lose some weight before January. Ive got a jump rope and had some success with it before and would like to start it up again - although it is soooo exhausting!!
I would also post my food, just to keep an eye on it as its very easy to eat something and forget about it!
Im looking forward to getting started and hope to support everyone else too..

Thanks
Clare :)

xwitchymagicx
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:26 PM
Jump rope? Skipping? Make sure you have decent shoes for that. :) Plus do other exercise too.

clare155
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:23 PM
Ive got some good trainers so will wear them - I would like to mix in other exercise but Im not really one for group activities and am a little shy of exercising infront of others - maybe walking will be enough of an add on? what do you think? or do you think I should face my fear?

Thanks for your reply btw!

foxytina_69
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:02 PM
welcome clare, of course you can post in here, and welcome to the forum also!

jump rope has gotten me more fit faster than anything ive ever done my whole life. its extremely good for your whole body, so if thats where you want to start than go ahead. it IS really exhausting but i can only do like 30 seconds at a time, but i take breaks and eventually build up to ten minutes a day.

i dont like working out infront of others either, thats why i like to do things at home. you can even do jumping jacks, step ups on a chair or books, run up and down some stairs, anything. it all counts. remember to get some stretching as well, and some strength training. you can use cans of food if you dont have weights.

anything counts, so remember that. dont worry about exercising for say 30 minutes a day every day. just do what you can do. even if its only 1 minute at a time!

sugarmouse
Nov 2nd, 2007, 08:58 PM
No excersise for me yet, I am waiting until I feel better.
Today I have eaten lots and lots of salad, some roast butternut squash, lots of steamed broccoli, I feel healthy but full!

foxytina_69
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:27 PM
have been eating a lot of salads lately, not sure why. salads, soups and sandwiches.

so i guess im eating pretty healthy and have been getting a little bit of exercise.

Frank
Nov 6th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Okay - I said I would not post my weight ambitions due to the issues previously mentioned.

However, got a shock beginnining of November - so worth posting :D

Monthly start weigh-in:

November - 13 stone 5lbs
October - 13 stone 8lbs
September 13 stone 12lbs
August - 13 stone 10lbs
July - 13 stone 8lbs
June - 13 stone 10lbs
May - 13 stone 11lbs
April - 13 stone 10lbs
March - 14 stone

sugarmouse
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:05 AM
I hav been runing again, faster than I normally do but not for as long
yesterday I did 25 mins today 22 at 9-10 k p hour.GladI havent lost the touch! Eating loadsa veggies too, and not going out tomoro nite so my alcohol intake will be less this week:)

foxytina_69
Nov 8th, 2007, 03:48 AM
great job frank!!! good for you!!

good job sugar!!!

ive been getting some walking in, well, lots for me.

clare155
Nov 8th, 2007, 07:09 PM
I havent posted since my first one as I couldnt find my stupid skipping rope! But I have had a major clearout today and have found it! So no excuses now. I was also bad and made peanut butter cookies which I will now have to resist eating all of - little bit of self sabotage there!

I will endeavour to be good for this weekend! Hope you are all feeling good,

Clare

absentmindedfan
Nov 10th, 2007, 02:34 PM
After having 2 weeks off due to a dodgy back (twisted 2 vertebrae out of alignment but osteopath says it'll be fine) I sorted my bike out today and went out for a brisk 8 mile ride. Very nice it was too, and until I buy new trainers for my overpronating feet it'll be my main form of exercise. I'm also going to go swimming a couple of night a week too, being injured and unable to run has really got me down, and reminded me that I shouldn't be so reliant on one form of exercise.

foxytina_69
Nov 12th, 2007, 12:01 PM
its okay clare, just learn moderation is key!!

i hope you get better soon amf :( *hugs*

absentmindedfan
Nov 17th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Getting back into exercising this week after two weeks off with bad back :(

Monday 3m run
Tuesday 625m swim
Wednesday 30min/5m cycle
Thursday 750m swim
Friday 3m run
Saturday 10.7 mile bike ride

AnneCE
Nov 17th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Great thread, sooo long - but here I am adding to it! I am losing weight slowly for medical reasons - metabolic syndrome i.e. insulin resistance and high cholestorol and triglcyerides; fatty liver disease; PCOS; depression - making healthy choices with food and exercising regularly.

I am going to a weekly swimming class and also practice in pool 2 times a week - I am pretty crap at learning to swim but I get plenty exercise so that's what matters most right now. Also one aquafit class a week which I love. I never thought I would like a group activity but I do and I have started an exercise class too (body conditioning, a mix of resistance and cardio). It's like it's not me! In a good way. The days I go swimming, I also go to the gym and do a mix of cardio and weights. Much prefer the weights as the counting keeps my brain off negative stuff. 10 minutes on bike or treadmill is as much as I can cope with!

It takes a while to notice good stuff - but the fact that I can do 5 days class/gym/swim is amazing considering how hard it was at first. My aims are to decrease waist size (because this is a major factor in metabolic syndrome), increase energy and stamina, feel better mentally and physically. Weight loss is more a way of measuring this rather than the aim in itself. But have already gone from being very obese to just being obese according to BMI charts, so that's good!

Also increasing amount of walking I do, dancing to music, housework... After Xmas, going to start some more mindful exercise like yoga or pilates or tai chi.

My long term aim is to come off all medication because of the animal testing, ingredients, not wanting to feed drug company profits etc. and to do lots more outdoor exercise - like hillwalking. Have problems with knees due to feet so waiting to see podiatrist in December - once that's sorted, it will help me do a lot more stuff.

sugarmouse
Nov 21st, 2007, 10:19 PM
[good luck AnneCE!

I did my back an injury last week:( but am back on the runnign now just being careful to stretch properly.
Ysterday, 25 min run.
Today, 30 min.
EAting healthily ish cannot member yesterday but today I had 3 apples, handful of kettle chips(slap wrist)
One crispbread, small portion sweet n sour butterbeans and a huge salad with leaves, cucumber, avacado, mayola and cabbage.

sugarmouse
Nov 25th, 2007, 09:52 AM
I did 27 min run day before yesterday &the day beforebut I ate so so badly yesterday!:mad:I didnt feelwell at all andwas hungry at the same time, cravin nasty things all day.Ugh.
Few chips 140 Cals
roast corguettes 100
Salad with mayola 100
suop,bit of pasta 160
salad 0
noodles 420
crispbreads50
coffee
Imade up for no exercise yesterday by walking the twenty mins home from town and the 25 mins to my friends house.
I will try make p for it today.About to do some stretches and go for a run.I ran for 28 mins today and have had a large salad, will probably make healthy food later too. I need some more sleep lol

absentmindedfan
Nov 25th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Eat more. Running that much and consuming so little calories is gonna put you in hospital. The calories WILL NOT MAKE YOU PUT ON WEIGHT, you will gain muscle, tone up and have more energy. Aim for low fat high carb 1800+ cals a day.

sugarmouse
Nov 25th, 2007, 12:56 PM
How many cals did that add up to I am sure it's about 1800....
howmany do you take a day please AMF?
I try to keep my calories low, Ihave lost 8lbs ish and like my body alot more now, Ifeel loads better abou myself.

I really dont think it will put me in hspital..I still eat..although Ihave had a fewspells of tiredness and tummy ache but I amstill not over my illnesses from year or so ago..still in therapy :( so that's probably a lot to do with it
Also with calorie intake don't forget I am only small...5'3 ish.
Thankyou xxx

Essy Strudel
Nov 25th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Hmm well good luck everyone! I'm going to try and get fit and healthy starting now hehe...I'll report in a weeks time to let you all know if it's working...

absentmindedfan
Nov 25th, 2007, 04:53 PM
How many cals did that add up to I am sure it's about 1800....
howmany do you take a day please AMF?
I try to keep my calories low, Ihave lost 8lbs ish and like my body alot more now, Ifeel loads better abou myself.

I really dont think it will put me in hspital..I still eat..although Ihave had a fewspells of tiredness and tummy ache but I amstill not over my illnesses from year or so ago..still in therapy :( so that's probably a lot to do with it
Also with calorie intake don't forget I am only small...5'3 ish.
Thankyou xxx

I run 25 miles a week as well as swimming and I eat around 2000-2500 cals a day. I'd aim for about 2000 TBH, with a mix of around 60% carb (complex obviously), 25% protein 15% fat (unsaturated and if you can omega rich)

Even at 5'3 you'll have calorie needs of about 2000 a day if you're as active as you are.

sugarmouse
Nov 25th, 2007, 07:59 PM
I am no way as active as you.
I try to get the gym for 25-30 mins running, 4 times a week min.
Other than that I walk v briskly to work and back twice a week, do weights when I can and try to do some form of excersise on the days I canot make the gym..but I am not half as active as you think I shall bet!

absentmindedfan
Nov 25th, 2007, 08:33 PM
You should still aim for 2000cals a day with that amount of exercise.