PDA

View Full Version : Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91

fresquinho
Feb 8th, 2008, 08:20 PM
I'm going to do a duathlon next Sunday :)

ellaminnowpea
Feb 8th, 2008, 08:48 PM
I think once one has had an eating disorder it never reeeeeeeeallty goes, there are always the same thought processes and they exist no matter how much better you get..like any mental illness I guess. I do feel I eat a lot though, some days I realy do those are the days I am too embrarrased to post!Lol

I agree, SM... the thoughts can remain for a looong time and really affect you negatively. But the difference between active ED and healthy, normal eating is that you don't engage in the behaviors (and even with the thoughts). Eat more, you can afford to!!

Tigerlily
Feb 9th, 2008, 06:07 AM
I've started calorie counting again. I want to lose weight. I've gained so much. I'm about 180lbs or so right now. :(

I'm using SparkPeople. I'm not really wild about it since I have to manually enter a lot of foods since it's so US-centric. Is FitDay less US-centric? Do they have Canadian food labels?

I'm thinking if I can't lose this weight on my own with the calorie counting (I have no will sometimes), I am going back to Weight Watchers. It's the only thing that I can easily stick to when I am made to pay.

Today I counted my calories but I wasn't really limiting anything and I was feeling gross so I wasn't eating healthfully. I consumed approx. 1891 cals (my limit is 1500 cals/day if I want to lose weight, according to the site). I ate 342g of carbs, yikes (upper limit is 236 which seems impossible on a vegan diet)! My fat intake is low-ish at 37g (recommended is 32-56) and my protein was low too according to SP, with only 50g. :(

treehugga
Feb 9th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Glad to know it's not just me sugarmouse!

TODAY

EXERCISE
should have gone to Body combat but woke at dawn with a shocker of a migraine!

DIET
2 pancakes with maple syrup
1 pumpkin filo triangle (ate abour three quarters of it)
3 pieces of homemade moist chocolate brownie via La Dolce Vegan cookbook- too yum to resist and not very fattening!
1 chickpea and seitan crumbed cuttlet with Nigella Lawsons best roast potatoes (used canola instead of duck fat - obviously!) and cob corn with gravey.
Soy iced chocolate
soy cappacino
chai tea
water
chai latte.

No suppliments today!

ellaminnowpea
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:44 PM
tigerlily, I use calorie-count and I think it has a lot of stuff on there! I only really have to add prepackaged stuff I buy from health food shops and such. I think they do us the USDA database though, as the veggies almost mirror the database (I know this from nutrition courses at uni lol - I don't just go on the database out of interest).

Treehugga, sorry about your migraine. You seem to get them fairly regularly!! What do you think triggers them?

Tigerlily
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Thanks, ella!

ellaminnowpea
Feb 9th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Geez, I'm having such trouble getting my calories in. I've got too much studying to do lately and I hate eating convenience foods. My schedule makes this really hard!

sugarmouse
Feb 9th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Ugh i been so bad today. Made some pea soup, and it gave me real bad indigestion!Didnt do any exercise, ate some olives, put myself on a coffee drip...healthy i dot think!

Roxy
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Still raining here unfortunately...just usual running around/no intentional excercise:mad:

Welcome to my world lol. It rains for 9 months of the year here :rolleyes::(

treehugga
Feb 10th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Treehugga, sorry about your migraine. You seem to get them fairly regularly!! What do you think triggers them?
I get way too many ellaminnowpea. There's loads of triggers for me which is why I get so many. Eg: too much sleep, not enough sleep, hormones, sunshine, thunderstorms, oranges, alcohol, chocolate, loud noise, stress, execise (stubbonly I won't give this up), driving long distances, illness. I could go on. I just have to manage it as part of my life. My grandmother also had frequent migraines and poor soul didn't have the drugs like we do today. Anyway I didn't have one today so it's been great!!:D

TODAY

WEIGHT
Current 70.6 Kg's GOAL 65kg's.

EXERCISE
1 hour Body Step

DIET
1 slice toast & homemade plum jam
hommous dip & some bread
cherries (small handful)
left over potato gnocci & pumpkin sauce
raspberry soy smoothie with Lsa (linseed, almond & sesame)
fig, roasted onion and rosemary pizza - homemade.
1 piece choc brownie

SUPPLIMENTS
kelp
cal & mag
chinese herbs to prevent headache
herbal sleep aid

Tigerlily
Feb 10th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Treehugga, avoiding citrus as much as possible has helped with my headaches as well.

Anik
Feb 11th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Yesterday
B: healthy meusli w/ rice milk topped w/ mixed berries
2x green tea

S: diet coke

L: paprika/tomato & basil soup (was delish)

D: stirfryed green beans w/ olive oil, lots of crunchy garlic & a little soy sauce & baked tomato's & zucchini w/ rosemary
green tea

2L water

I walked all day because of my job as a waitress then walked home which took 20mins so very active day

Today:
B: usual brown rice/tomato/spinach/garlic/onions
white tea
I felt really nauceous after this i duno why

S: orange

L: small green apple

S: Starbucks venti shaken iced green tea (plain)

D: tabouli (with no grains in it), an orange & white tea

1.5L water

walked around all day for school etc (no intentional excercise)
feel pretty healthy atm just tired from lack of sleep:(

Anik
Feb 13th, 2008, 08:05 AM
B: brown rice w/ tofu, carrots, zucchini, capsicum chilli & a tiny amount s sauce
white tea

S: apple

L: small fruit salad & white tea

D: grilled eggplant stacks w/ cooked tomato/onion/garlic/parsley
green tea

1.5Lwater

no intentional excercise I need to start evening walks I think im getting the flu:(

Tigerlily
Feb 14th, 2008, 05:43 PM
I bought the book Skinny Bitch. There isn't that much actual weight loss advice, it's just re-hashing all the things I already knew about why veganism is important. Meh.

sugarmouse
Feb 14th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Right..I was contemplating buying that too!
Hope everyone is doing good.
Today I ran for 25 mins at 9kmph and over . At work I munched thru 2 packs of sesame snack thinies 155 cal each, and some rice cakey things...total 505 cals then jus got home and am just light eatin becase I am goin to have nap, jus had some veg soup and salad.yesterday was too sleepy to do anythign apart from work and sleep!Both days I walked to work and back briskly tho...thats 20 mins ish each way.

ellaminnowpea
Feb 14th, 2008, 10:55 PM
SM, you ran for half an hour on 505 calories? Are you doing okay? I seriously think you need to get some more calories in throughout the day so you don't end up sick! I don't want to make you uncomfortable at all, I just know your calorie needs must be at least four times this!

sugarmouse
Feb 14th, 2008, 11:50 PM
I dont run everyday, and I dont eat so little when I am at home rather than working:) thankyou for your concern x

treehugga
Feb 15th, 2008, 03:24 AM
Today this skinny bitch did:

EXERCISE
1 hour body step

DIET
2 slices wholemeal toast with homemade plum jam
1 turkish roll and pumpkin & basil dip
spinach triangle with mashed potato, cauliflower and vegan cheese sauce.
grapes
raspberry smoothie
1 toast & peanut better
water
chai tea
black tea

SUPPLIMENTS
iron, C & B12 sublingual
4 x livertone

Roxy
Feb 15th, 2008, 04:07 AM
My new job entails a lot more physical activity than any other job I've ever had before. I'm constantly moving and spend a lot of time lifting and moving heavy boxes. I'm so sure I must be burning a lot of extra calories. I just want to be careful, not to use that as an excuse to consume too many extra calories.

absentmindedfan
Feb 15th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Right..I was contemplating buying that too!
Hope everyone is doing good.
Today I ran for 25 mins at 9kmph and over . At work I munched thru 2 packs of sesame snack thinies 155 cal each, and some rice cakey things...total 505 cals then jus got home and am just light eatin becase I am goin to have nap, jus had some veg soup and salad.yesterday was too sleepy to do anythign apart from work and sleep!Both days I walked to work and back briskly tho...thats 20 mins ish each way.

Still not eating enough. Not even close. More more and more carbs.

Carry on like this and you'll be in hospital. Plus your body will refuse to lose any weight as it will be in 'starvation mode' and it will try to turn everything you eat into fat. You keep getting ill and needing to sleep because you aren't eating enough.

sugarmouse
Feb 15th, 2008, 06:12 PM
It will probably make you even fitter, Roxy!:D

AMF, I am not sure how to do any different.My regime has made me lose weight and become more toned...it has worked and I am happier with my body now. I just dont want to put any on, and I still want a less flabby belly!

I thought I Was sleeping lots due to the aftermath of my mental illness and emotional tiredness. I am almost over it now.I stil lthink any more food and I wil balloon!Lol

sugarmouse
Feb 15th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Right so ..today.I cooked.. and nibbled whilst doing so had couple of crispbreads wih purespread, cappucino.. few soy beans as I cooked.

Also dranks lots of water. Then I hada nap for coupel hours, and woke and went the gym.Did 18 mins on the cross trainer (treadmill was taken) then ten mins on the treadmill when it became free.

Later on, salad, more soy beans, cup full of rice noodles..Nothing feels satisfying though.I think I wil lwait until I feel hungry and make soemthing nice later

Edit..Its later and I made potato chips (grilled,mind) I amgoing to be up late this eve so am making some veg soup too...
Edit, Ididnt eat my veg soup instead had a bowl of salad with olive oil and morepotato fries..but I grilleed them didnt fry them..

ellaminnowpea
Feb 15th, 2008, 08:52 PM
I am almost over it now.I still think any more food and I wil balloon!Lol

:( you know what im thinking!!

treehugga
Feb 16th, 2008, 03:18 AM
I think our bodies all have d/t needs. I used to consume much smaller portions and stayed relatively slim. Then when I had kids and breastfeed ate much more (although still healthy) & put on 2 stone. Some people can eat huge amounts and stay slim others just have to glance at chocolate and put on weight - that's me now I think!

TODAY

EXERCISE
1 hour Body Combat (on a very hot day I might add!!:()

DIET
2 slices wholemade toast & homemade plum jam
1 turkish roll with olive oil and homemade dukkah (ground nuts & spices)
banana soy smoothie with LSA
2 homemade apple and cinnamin high fibre/protein muffins
Indian veg curry & rice

SUPPLIMENTS
4 x livertone
multi
B12
kelp

Anik
Feb 16th, 2008, 03:55 AM
Have been sick fdr the past few days & after i eat something i feel nauceous:(
yesterday:
b: brown rice w/ tabouli mixed though
green tea

S: green tea

L: orange

D: eggplant/pumpkin/tomato & parsley dish
2.5L water
had 6 beers then ate a wrap filled w/ tabouli (spose its better than consuming fries when your drunk)
walked around

& today...
b: brown rice w/ onions & garli cooked in a little seaseme oil, carrots & celery w/ salt reduced soy sauce
2x green tea

S: orange

duno what else, probs pumpkin soup later & will go for a substantial walk, do some lunges etc