PDA

View Full Version : Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91

foxytina_69
Mar 22nd, 2006, 11:36 AM
i thought i would start a thread where we all got fit together, and were eachothers fitness buddies, inspired from bodybuilders "spring shape up" thread, although this one wont be so tough, or have prizes. really its just for our own sake, and i thought what better place to recieve support than from eachother?

really i just want to get fit, healthy, strengthen my lungs and lose some excess weight.

we can all have our own personal plans, regarding on your goal. you can post in here to recieve support. wether youre having a bad day, or youre doing great!

some people may have different nutrition goals, some may have different fitness goals.

these are mine:

i would like to lose excess weight, as i know its bad for my asthma, and health.

i would like to get fit and become strong, and not tire out as easily from simple things.

i would like to strengthen my lungs especially, and my heart and everything else that comes along with it.

i would like to feed my body the most beneficial food i can afford, and give it the best care i can, as i know it deserves it.

heres my meal plan:

i would like to eat 1200-1500 calories a day, getting enough fiber, and 50 grams or more of protein a day.

i would also like to stay away from refined carbs, like white flour or sugar.

i would like to eat as many whole foods as i can. probably around 2 fruits a day, as many veggies as i can, brown rice, lots of lentils/beans, some tofu and soy products, light on the oils and start eating more nuts/seeds. and also not eat for a few hours before i go to sleep.

i would like to up my intake of raw foods.

and i also think ill allow myself one day on the weekend where i allow myself to eat whatever i want. sort of a "cheat" day. i find it helps me to keep focused on healthy eating the rest of the week and not mess up.

i would like to drink 2 litres of water a day.

but i wont be angry with myself if i dont stick to this everyday, as im sure ill vary it from time to time.

this is my fitness plan:

i would like to get some form of exercise 3-5 times a week, for 20 minutes each time. (i cant handle much more than this due to my asthma) hopefully alot of walking and my exercise videos.

i feel that this is a GREAT time to start, as the flowers are sprouting, the sun is starting to shine and fresh fruits and veggies are out in abundance. (not to mention i will soon live with only my bf, and now have more room to do things)

so who is in with me? we can make it sort of a time limit thing, where we can see where were at in a month, or we can just keep it casual and keep going and keep eachother strong.

feel free to post any rants or raves you may have that day if you messed up or didnt workout, etc. this is a supportive thread!

so anyone who wants to join, maybe post your goals, your meal plan, your exercise plan, and then we'll get started!

Tiggerwoo
Mar 22nd, 2006, 12:17 PM
Brilliant thread...

OK mine are:

I want to get my health back to what it used to be and get rid of my sinus and ear probs so I feel up to going swimming and to yoga again... haven't felt well enough for a month

I want to get up early enough in the morning at least four times a week and go for a walk down the river opposite my house before work

I want to eat more fruit each day. I usually have a couple of pieces, yet eat loads of veggies so thats not a problem

I want to sleep for 8 hours a day, and not 10 or 11 like I have been recently as that seems to be making me more tired.

Think thats it for now!

foxytina_69
Mar 22nd, 2006, 12:34 PM
great goals tiggerwoo!

Ara
Mar 22nd, 2006, 01:13 PM
Ooh this thread sounds great, i've been thinking about becoming fitter for a while. I went swimming last week for about the first time in two years and realised just how unfit i've become! (i used to be able to swim for aaages).

So, my goals are -

To go swimming twice a week, and to go to the gym at least once a week and archery at least once a week. Walk for 20 mins at least every day.

Stop eating so many things with sugar in them! Eat more fruits, stop frying my veggies all the time and cut back on white bread and muffins/crumpets etc.

Drink two litres of water at least!

That will do for now :)

ladyaprille
Mar 22nd, 2006, 06:39 PM
i want to lose 4 stone in the process of becoming fitter-i want to increase my endurance, muscle tone and get great abs again... ermmm oh and i want to be really flexible like a ballerina and do yoga- though i know that that will come with weight loss. And i want to sotp eating crap- it makes me feel awful emotionally and physically so whats the use! xxx

tabitha
Mar 22nd, 2006, 06:53 PM
Good idea girls. Lets all do it.:) I still havent got back into my training schedule but these are my goals:

Cut out bread and yeast products
Juice more
Eat more leafy green veg
Get back training at least 4 times a week
Increase weight training.
Probably drop half a stone (no more otherwise me boobs will go again:rolleyes:)

tipsy
Mar 22nd, 2006, 07:16 PM
tina,

while most of your goals sound great i would like to remind you that eating 1200 calories a day is THE BARE MINIMUM FOR SURVIVAL... without physical activities. 1500 is just a few hundred more than that...
i think that increasing your caloric intake (1,900 cal a day)and keeping up an excersize routine will help you more in the long term!

when you eat too little the probablity of binging goes up... wouldnt you rather eat just al little more and avoid feeling hungry and possibly overeating because of it?

i only mention this to help you:)

foxytina_69
Mar 23rd, 2006, 06:38 AM
jj, thanks for the advice, i really appreciate it :)

yes i know 1200 is the lowest you can go, but i do great on this plan. if i were to eat 1900, i would gain weight, and VERY quickly. i have to stay at a low calorie plan, because my metabolism is already pretty sluggish from a previous bout of anorexia. 1500 i even gain on if im not exercising alot so i have to be very careful about this. believe me, ive taken it into consideration, but over the years ive gotten to learn how my body works, and i gain weight very quickly on higher calorie plans. i do really well on 1200, losing slowly and steadily, making sure i get enough protein and fiber and nutrients. i never get tired on it, due to doing exercise.

also, i never get hungry or overeat on a 1200 calorie plan. 1200 calories is perfectly sufficient for me, and i never feel the need to overeat.

thanks for your concern though jj :)

foxytina_69
Mar 23rd, 2006, 06:46 AM
hows everyone doing?

today i didnt exercise. but in the past few days ive done ALOT of packing and lifting of heavy boxes and running around the house, so im sure ive gotten a good bit of exercise.

today i ate:

lunch:
-homemade chili fries
-2 cups of oj
dinner:
-brown rice/lentil/vegetable mixture w/ tamari
-strawberry smoothie
-1/2 cup soy milk

today ive gotten about 1280 calories, 50 grams of protein, and 35 grams of fiber.

Roxy
Mar 23rd, 2006, 02:36 PM
I was sick yesterday so had a bad day. I was lazy, laying around on the couch or in bed all day and anything I ate, I threw up.

I feel good today though and am looking forward to eating well today. I always get lots of exercise at work as I'm moving around all day and usually lift heavy things too.

foxytina_69
Mar 23rd, 2006, 02:52 PM
poor roxy :( *hugs*

i hope you eat some yummy things today :)

i dont know what ill eat. im going to try to be healthy though!

Antonia
Mar 23rd, 2006, 03:03 PM
Count me in :-) This thread is just what I need. Despite all my fitness efforts and making the transition to vegan about 2/3 months ago, to my utter puzzlement, I seem to have gone up a dress size. I think I've been too enthusiastic in discovering all the 'naughty' vegan foods.

I want to sleep for 8 hours a day, and not 10 or 11 like I have been recently as that seems to be making me more tired.

I totally agree Tiggerwoo. I sleep about 10 hours a night and I'm sure it makes more more tired. In an attempt to drag myself out of bed I promise myself a nice big breakfast which probably doesn't help the overall situation.

My goals are as follows:
No caffeine (pretty much there already).
Get up earlier.
Exercise 5 days a week (gym, kung fu, 2hrs housework).
Make sure I do my pressups every night (not just 1/2 the time)
No alcohol (pretty close already)
Go out for walks at the weekend with my bf.

and the one i think will make the most difference...
Cut my portion sizes/ not feel I have to eat it just cos it's on my plate.

Good luck everyone!!!!!!!

tabitha
Mar 23rd, 2006, 03:56 PM
Antonia - I got a bit larger at first. I think I was having too many carbs or something. It sorted itself out after a while.

foxytina_69
Mar 23rd, 2006, 05:25 PM
this is what i plan to eat today:

snack:
-slushie
light breakfast:
-slice rice toast w/ natural peanut butter
lunch:
-other half of strawberry smoothie
snack:
-carrot sticks w/ dressing
dinner:
-homemade brown rice/lentil vegetable soup
-baked potato
snack:
-popcorn w/ nutritional yeast

i would like to fit in more fresh veggies/fruits but im really lacking them at the moment.

Tiggerwoo
Mar 23rd, 2006, 06:43 PM
I love everyones ideas here and enthusiasm. OK since yesterday I managed to eat loads of fruit....... oranges, strawberries and mango which is what I was slacking on, had a sauna at home, did some reiki on myself and actually got up at 10.15 today instead of 12.00 so got by on 8.5 hours instead of my normal 10 or 11 and have more energy for it......yay!

Your food plan for today sounds good Foxy, glad you're feeling better today Roxy.

redpepper
Mar 23rd, 2006, 07:26 PM
Is it ok if i join your dieting section.... anyways.. i would appreiciate.. if you could tell me what you eat for breakfast lunch dinner and snack... i would just copy u... or change accordingly....
cheers
Redpepper

veganbikerboy
Mar 23rd, 2006, 09:13 PM
is there room for a fella on this thread?

I love being fit! and at times have been very fit, lifting heavy weights and training 5 or more times a week.

my problem is i don't like training when i'm unfit, so getting started again.

I also like to eat healthy, but spend alot of time travelling with work therefore eat at service stations etc.not good. Also have an unhealthy appetite for larger and wine.

Weight loss / calorie counting doesn't work for me as my weight is similar if fit or unfit just differing amounts fat/muscle and the more i train the more i eat (5 times a day).

My plan is to start to gym or swim minimum of 3 times a week. and cut out the crap food (eating hoummos and salad sarnies now:) )

results will be measured in waist and bicep measurements.

I'll let you know how i do.

tabitha
Mar 23rd, 2006, 10:18 PM
Sounds like a good way to do it Bikerboy. Go for it.:D

foxytina_69
Mar 24th, 2006, 01:31 AM
ofcourse theres room for a fella bikerboy :D that sounds great, good job!

redpepper, im not sure who you would want to copy with meals, you can look at everybodys plans and see which one you like the most :)

Wildflower
Mar 24th, 2006, 04:04 AM
Count me in!

this is my 3rd week of working out 2 nights per week. after a few more weeks of this, I want to up it.

Basically, my plan is to lift weights and then do cardio (incline walking on a treadmill) for around 30-40 minutes. I may up this to an hour after awhile. I have made it 3 weeks of doing this...yea me!

But in future, I would want to add more to my plan. still need to work out details...

kriz
Mar 24th, 2006, 05:47 AM
I've been going to the gym for about 10 years, but never really challenged myself. I used to do cardio 50 min 2-3 times a week, with lots of stretching afterwards. Cardio always makes me feel wonderful - positive and light hearted. But I'm tired of running and can't seem to get myself to the gym these days, so I walk my dog for 2 hours a day instead.:) We go for adventure strolls, into new neighborhoods and terratories... he's loving it! It's probably good for the body to be doing something else, even if it's more of a recreational activity than a real workout.

foxytina_69
Mar 24th, 2006, 06:45 AM
okay, so heres what i ended up eating today:

snack:
-slushie
light breakfast:
-slice rice toast w/ natural peanut butter
lunch:
-carrot sticks w/ dressing
snack:
-some corn chips w/ salsa
dinner:
-mock tuna sandwich
-cup of brown rice/lentil/bean/vegetable soup

i also went for a good walk.

i got around 1200 calories, just under 50 grams of protein, and 30 grams of fiber.

foxytina_69
Mar 24th, 2006, 06:48 AM
no fruit today! ill eat some kiwis and my smoothie tommorow :)

Tiggerwoo
Mar 24th, 2006, 07:39 AM
I got up early today. 7:15am instead of my normal 10 or 11am. OK well I had to anyway as am at work earlier today anyway, but bought a ton of fruit yesterday, kiwis, mangos, clementines, raspberries and blueberries and am munching into them already.

foxytina_69
Mar 24th, 2006, 07:41 AM
thats great tiggerwoo :D good job!

i love the feeling i get when i eat something nutritious.

i was having a bad day earlier though, piping up about how annoyed i was that i was trying to be healthy and how all i wanted was junkfood. thank god i got over that one. i ate corn chips and salsa instead of something alot worse!