PDA

View Full Version : When did you switch to a vegan diet?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

foxytina_69
Oct 11th, 2005, 10:52 PM
my 2 year vegan anniversary is coming up on december 16th :D yay! i dont know how ill celebrate!

Yoggy
Oct 11th, 2005, 11:36 PM
my 2 year vegan anniversary is coming up on december 16th :D yay! i dont know how ill celebrate!
Why, have a vegan feast of course. And then call me to help finish off the leftovers ;)

foxytina_69
Oct 12th, 2005, 04:12 AM
LOL yoggy. woohoo vegan feast!

Roxy
Oct 12th, 2005, 05:58 AM
And me! Don't forget to call me! :D

foxytina_69
Oct 12th, 2005, 06:35 AM
:D well anyone have any ideas on what to have for a vegan feast. i know id want a big glass of noel nog WITH a little rum, thank you very much!

Roxy
Oct 12th, 2005, 06:44 AM
NUT ROAST

foxytina_69
Oct 12th, 2005, 06:51 AM
LOL! roxy youre so funny.

its true, nut roast is so damn good!

and maybe a big fat huge cake of some sort, that says happy 2nd vegan anniversary!

hahaha :D

Roxy
Oct 12th, 2005, 06:56 AM
Oh don't!!!!! STOP - You're turning me on LOL!!!

foxytina_69
Oct 12th, 2005, 07:46 AM
baaahaahhahaha roxy! :D

foxytina_69
Oct 12th, 2005, 10:07 PM
oh thanks to whoever changed the name of this thread. that is much better! :)

Tigerlily
Nov 22nd, 2005, 02:46 AM
I've been vegan for one year now.

Woo+ woo+

Hemlock
Nov 30th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Just out of interest like!
I'm interested to know how many can go the course and make it past the first year or so.
I'm just a baby, only been vegan a couple of months although I was a vegetarian for 15-20 years (lost count) but not a very committed one and didn't always buy veggie toiletries etc and ate loads of eggs and cheese.
I really feel committed about this and want to keep going for the sake of the animals, the planet, health and so many good reasons.
I'd love to know how long you have all be 'at it' :)

foxytina_69
Dec 1st, 2005, 12:35 PM
on december 16th, ill have been vegan for 2 years. :D

kriz
Dec 1st, 2005, 03:51 PM
Me too - 2 years! :)

eclectic_one
Dec 1st, 2005, 05:21 PM
I've only been vegan a few months. I learned about the health effects of dairy and eggs from The China Study after reading up on nutrition after my mom's cardiac bypass surgery. Though I was trying to learn for her sake, it ended up influencing me more than her. I had been mainly lacto-ovo vegetarian for about 16 years before that, though I was one of those that gets jumped on for using that term because until about 2 years ago, I would eat fish maybe once every few months. (I know that's not technically veggie, but considering that EVERYONE else I knew--in the community I live I was the most veggie person anyone knew!--ate meat numerous times on a daily basis, I felt mostly veggie...I also told people I was "mostly" vegetarian as I did eat fish occasionally, so I didn't try to claim total lacto-ovo vegetarianism.http://veganforum.com/forums/images/smilies/redface.gif ) Though it might seem silly, seeing Finding Nemo is what actually led me to stop eating fish as I had somehow rationalized it before: the scene where the fish are scooped up in the net somehow drilled it into my brain how much suffering fishing causes and I just didn't even want to eat fish/seafood anymore.

Cherry
Dec 1st, 2005, 07:38 PM
Though it might seem silly, seeing Finding Nemo is what actually led me to stop eating fish

Not at all. Watching 'Babe' is what tipped my Mum over the vegetarian edge. She immediately gave up eating pigs (she said she had the "pork, they call it" evil cat voice in her head whenever she went to eat some) and is now virtually vegan.

She's terribly concerned about what people will think if she tells them that's she's fully vegetarian so she ends up eating fish now and then. I wonder if she's seen finding Nemo... ;) (- with evil glint in the eye! ) (or anti-evil glint, perhaps.)

I have been vegan for 4.5 years.

VeganJohn
Dec 1st, 2005, 08:24 PM
It will be 3 years for me in February - I feel so much healthier and happier, so glad I made the decision.

nmvegan
Dec 1st, 2005, 08:25 PM
My partner and I have been vegan almost 6 months! YAY! and we can't imagine every eating animal again!:D

eclectic_one
Dec 1st, 2005, 08:33 PM
It will be 3 years for me in February - I feel so much healthier and happier, so glad I made the decision.
I have also been amazed by how much better I feel, both psychologically and physically:D

foxytina_69
Dec 16th, 2005, 06:28 AM
its my 2 year vegan anniversary tommorow. were going to have vegan tacos! yayyy.

Skajen
Dec 16th, 2005, 11:32 AM
oh lovely! :) have a lovely time!

on christmas it'll be my 4 month anniversary, i'm still a baby x

Roxy
Dec 16th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Congratulations Tina! My 2 year anniversery is in January. I can't remember an exact date but it sure is a milestone!:D

foxytina_69
Dec 20th, 2005, 09:52 AM
thanks roxy!

herbwormwood
Jan 2nd, 2006, 03:07 PM
i notice most people were vegetarian before they became vegan. that surprizes me, as i never ever had even thought about not eating meat before i became vegan.

Sorry, I just don't follow you. Can you put this in a different way as I don't know what you mean when you say i never ever had even thought about not eating meat before i became vegan
:confused:

I was vegetarian for about 20 years before I went vegan. I didn't know what vegan was when I went vegetarian. It was only when I started reading a lot of vegetarian info and found out what went on in the dairy and leather industry, that I had a reason to be vegan. And it was a few years later that I cut out the eggs and dairy products.

Wishin986
Jan 3rd, 2006, 04:33 AM
One Year since i started my transition!! whoo hoooo!!! :D