PDA

View Full Version : co-op confusion

Pages : 1 [2]

lozza
Apr 5th, 2006, 12:19 PM
see this is where i am confused.

on the one hand, people are saying, most banks are unethical, and co-op's is probably better a little bit, but still not that good. so i shouldnt go for them.

but then what am i meant to do? put all my money in a box in the cupboard? :P

friend
Apr 5th, 2006, 12:57 PM
I suppose that co op are the best of a very very poor quality bunch.They sure waste no time on sending customers endless bits of glossy paper to show just how ethical they are. Just before reading your posts on here today, i sat at home reading all about how they gave so many grand to Traidcraft last year...brilliant .But they've their drawbacks, have co op bank. I guess, for me, i just have to bank with them..for now..:D

lozza
Apr 5th, 2006, 01:19 PM
i'm wondering if i can bank with them.

like i said, i cant seem to find any co-op branches in scotland!

herbwormwood
Apr 5th, 2006, 02:25 PM
little fruit & veggeries.. (word?)..

Greengrocers.
Some of them are a lot cheaper than supermarkets too.

herbwormwood
Apr 5th, 2006, 02:28 PM
see this is where i am confused.

on the one hand, people are saying, most banks are unethical, and co-op's is probably better a little bit, but still not that good. so i shouldnt go for them.

but then what am i meant to do? put all my money in a box in the cupboard? :P

If you really want a completely ethical bank there is one called
Triodos
http://www.triodos.co.uk/
I think there are some others similar to this.
However if you want a big name bank the Co-operative seems the best of the big names.

herbwormwood
Apr 5th, 2006, 02:34 PM
i'm wondering if i can bank with them.

like i said, i cant seem to find any co-op branches in scotland!

try this for your local branch:
http://www.cooponline.coop/cgi-bin/external/locator_bank.cgi?page=further&OfflineID=1155&category=Financial+Services&section=search
However once you have set up an account, one can deposit and withdraw at a post office counter or cashpoint, and use the 24 hour telephone banking service.

lozza
Apr 5th, 2006, 02:58 PM
oh cool thats handy :)

hmmm..wonder why i couldnt find any branches before *scratches head* i looked on yell ...oh well. thanks :)