PDA

View Full Version : Accidently Non Vegan??

Pages : 1 2 [3]

moochbabe
Oct 27th, 2005, 03:25 AM
o, and almost ALL sugar, unless lested as specifically raw and such, is processed thru bone-char, there are some good brands of vegan sugar that i can get a list of for u if u'd like, or maybe someone else will post them...

abrennan
Oct 27th, 2005, 10:22 AM
o, and almost ALL sugar, unless lested as specifically raw and such, is processed thru bone-char, there are some good brands of vegan sugar that i can get a list of for u if u'd like, or maybe someone else will post them...

No bones in Australian Sugar:eek:

treehugga
Oct 27th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Most of the pasta sauces are made where they can be contaminated with crustations yeeeew. I just figured that out, so bugger, now I have to amke them from scratch. The same with most soy ice creams :mad:

Tangerine
Oct 27th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Most of the pasta sauces are made where they can be contaminated with crustations yeeeew. I just figured that out, so bugger, now I have to amke them from scratch. The same with most soy ice creams :mad:

how do you know if it has a crustation in it? will the ingredients just come out and say it... I know on the back of the Ramen noodles package it will say "may contain traces of shrimp" yucko! ...

I would love to learn to make spegheto sauce from scratch... if you have a good recipe let me know :) ;)

moochbabe
Oct 28th, 2005, 06:59 PM
there's prolly a whole thread in the recipes section about spaghetti sauce :)
u guys in australia don't know how lucky u r that u don't hav to worry about bbonechar...well maybe u do but still...

princessemma
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:01 PM
You guys in America are so unlucky with the sugar in the UK we don't have this problem, but unbelievably some parts of the UK have non-vegan (non-vegatarian for that matter) tap water!!! Yorkshire water and North West water shame on these people this is tap water for heavens sake.

abrennan
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:58 PM
You guys in America are so unlucky with the sugar in the UK we don't have this problem, but unbelievably some parts of the UK have non-vegan (non-vegatarian for that matter) tap water!!! Yorkshire water and North West water shame on these people this is tap water for heavens sake.

Blimey, what does it have in it?:eek:

Jacqui
Oct 29th, 2005, 10:02 AM
What are they doing to soy ice cream? Is nothing safe?:confused:

princessemma
Oct 30th, 2005, 12:13 AM
They filter it using animal bones in a similar way to some American sugar I would have thought. It annoys me when things that could so easily be vegan aren't. I used to eat a lot of Quorn and I just wonder would it be that hard for them to make their products vegan?

moochbabe
Oct 30th, 2005, 01:57 AM
TAP WATER!??!?!?!:eek:

Jane M
Dec 20th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Most of you have probally seen this but I thought I would post it anyway. I would still read the labels though.:)

http://www.peta.org/accidentallyVegan/

Tigerlily
Dec 21st, 2005, 12:04 AM
A lot of those foods still contain animal ingredients, or so I heard.

So you're right, always read labels. :)

thecatspajamas1
Dec 22nd, 2005, 02:49 PM
I noticed that they're all processed, overly packaged junk foods. Why wouldn't they show fruits and vegetables? Maybe to make veganism mainstream, they want to show popular brandnames?

Monday
Dec 24th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Please explain again what is wrong with Yorkshire Water and soya ice cream?

Monday xx

LittleMissVegan
Dec 25th, 2005, 12:17 AM
Please explain again what is wrong with Yorkshire Water and soya ice cream?

Monday xx

In the animal free shopper it says- Water supplied by Yorkshire Water to the villages of Marsett, Stalling Busk,Boltby,Buckden,Chapel-le-Dale,Oughtershaw,Scar House,Starbotton (and a few others) has been filtured through Brimac- A substance manfactured from carbonised cattle bones- Yuk

Morna
Dec 25th, 2005, 02:43 AM
Canned speggetti sauce is yuck anyway. I make my own. Saute some minced garlic (about 30 secs), add one can diced tomatoes that you've buzzed in a blender, some black olives, and season with dried basil and oregano. Simmer for as long as it takes to make the pasta. Yummy!