PDA

View Full Version : The Chocolate Decadence Thread - for genuine chocoholics!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

DancingWillow
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Feral had the brilliant idea of starting a decadence thread:D So this is for all the serious chocoholics! Share anything chocolate-related....news about the benefits of chocolate, recipes, cartoons, jokes, or just your blissful experience when you're in the middle of eating chocolate:D

feral
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:33 PM
*blushes with false modesty at the recognition*

I have to confess hubby is at football tonight and I am being kept company by a bar of G&B's cherry.

Looking forward to some chocolate recipes

Cherry
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Yay! Chocolate :)

saucyvegan
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:50 PM
OOh what a great thread. Ok off the top of my head. Chocolate mousse: Melt some Green and Blacks cooking chocolate in a bowel over a saucepan of boiling water. Add soya cream and sugar (if u want) and some liqueur if u want. Whisk it all up and pour into small bowels before putting in the fridge to set. MMMM!!!!!!

feral
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Saucey will you marry me?

DancingWillow
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Oh, that mousse sounds great:) I have a different variation for mousse:

Melt 12 oz. chocolate chips over a double boiler (as Saucy described)
Get a container of non-dairy whipped cream (I think it's 12 oz too)
Add 1 or 2 tbsp. raspberry liquer
Mix all the ingredients very well
Put into individual cups (wine glasses work great)
Refrigerate for about 2 hours
Enjoy!!!

saucyvegan
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Saucey will you marry me?

NO!! Ur eyes scare me!!

feral
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Mmm mm mmmm I just know this thread is gonna be so bad for my butt!

Ok here's mine.

Melt your favourite chocolate.
Mix in seeds, crushed/flaked nuts and raisins.
Spread the mixture onto a sheet of greaseproof paper.
When set, cut into bite sized chunks.
Put into the freezer.
When the call of the chocolate gets too much eat straight from the freezer, lasts much longer and you're getting the goodness of the seeds etc :D

tabitha
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:17 PM
I would have happily married you Feral, but you are very quick to go off with Saucy minx face vegan just because she offered you chocolate. I could have offered you chocolate:mad:

Ps I cant eat chocolate any more since being vegan it gives me terrible headaches:( I do crave it though. I shant come here anymore though:(

feral
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:18 PM
NO!! Ur eyes scare me!!

Damn it woman, must you mock my boggle affliction?! I'm sick of you and that tab one always drawing attention to it... that's right I'm leaving *slams door*

DancingWillow
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Oh, poor Tabs, no chocolate?! How do you live?:( We'll miss you in this thread!

Jane M
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:19 PM
You did say anything chocolate, right????

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KuqmaEgPALU

Blueshark
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:21 PM
I am going to buy some of this stuff tommorow.

All vegan, they use Soya for the milky stuff: (The Dark is vegan /edit)

Galler (http://galler.datafarm.de/rubriques/?keyRubrique=bars_and_tablets)

Am I making you jealous :p ??

saucyvegan
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:23 PM
omg thanku blueshark for that!!

DancingWillow
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Blueshark, you must mail me some!!!

DancingWillow
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Now!!!

Blueshark
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Lol, I will of course :D

feral
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:27 PM
lol @ the urgency in Willow's post! You do truely belong here girl!

DancingWillow
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:28 PM
lol :D

saucyvegan
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Blueshark? I cant see where it says vegan on the site?

Blueshark
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:32 PM
I dont know if it does, but I have checked the ingredients on an actual bar.

Also in the Galler shop in Antwerp, the lady serving confirmed they dont use dairy products in the Dark chocs.

Actually dark chocs, are supposed to be of higher quality, and regarded as the best chocolate.

Tigerlily
Apr 4th, 2006, 08:04 PM
I have been meaning to try this recipe for the longest time now but I keep on forgetting!

Chocolate Mocha Fondue
In a small saucepan set over low heat, stir in 1/2 cup of strong coffee with 3 tbsp sugar until dissolved. Stir in 8oz (225g) chopped semi-sweet chocolate (Tigerlily Note: I think chocolate chips would work too) and 2 tbsp vegan margarine. Stir often until smooth and hot. Then stir in 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. Pour into a bowl, dip your fruits, etc in.

DancingWillow
Apr 4th, 2006, 08:36 PM
mmmmmm!!!!

Mystic
Apr 4th, 2006, 08:41 PM
CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA CAKE :)

230g raw sugar
8 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp sea salt
3 cups wholewheat flour
2 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup canola oil
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
400ml cold water
2 tsp vanilla essence
100g macadamia nut butter
vegan chocolate frosting of choice (I use Sweet William Chocolate (http://www.vnv.org.au/Products/Chocolate.htm)Spread)
1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts

1) Combine the sugar, cocoa, salt, flour & baking soda together in a mixing bowl, and mix well with a fork.
2) Pour all of the wet ingredients (oil, water, vanilla & vinegar) over the mixture, and mix well using the fork. It is important not to beat it.
3) Pour into two greased 9-inch springform pans, and bake at 350F/180C until a knife comes out clean in the centre. This takes between 35-45 minutes, but keep checking just in case.
4) Cool the cakes down on a cooling rack. Once cooled spread one of the cakes with the macadamia butter liberally. You can make it as thick as you like. I like it thick :D
5) Sandwich the other cake ontop of the one that has macadamia butter on it, and cover with lots of frosting.
6) Sprinkle the macadamia nuts on top so it looks pretty.
7) Binge

This recipe was adapted from Leah Leneman's Easy Vegan Cooking.

RedWellies
Apr 4th, 2006, 08:43 PM
It's no good you lot posting the recipes! I need you to make me these things and bring them here!!!