Apr 7th, 2006, 09:25 PM
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

2 tablespoons of E.B. or another butter substitute

1/4 cup cocoa

1/2 cup sugar

1/4 cup soy milk

dash salt

1 tsp. pure vanilla

1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter (optional: add more to taste and increase the oatmeal) - I personally used soynut butter - but any nut butter will do.

1 1/2 cups UNCOOKED oatmeal

heat butter until the butter is melted. Add 1/4 cup cocoa and blend until the cocoa is dissolved into the butter.

Add the sugar, milk and salt. Blend well.

bring ingredients to a full boil. You want a full boil, but because it will continue to cook for awhile once it's removed from heat, heating it too long can cause the mixture to scorch.)

Add the vanilla, peanut butter and oatmeal. Stir well. Drop by tablespoon-full on waxed paper and allow to cool.

Makes 12 cookies.

Yoggy
Apr 7th, 2006, 09:50 PM
WOW, these sound fantastic! I can't wait to try them. My oven is a little screwy, and I haven't gotten the hang of baking things in it without them coming out either burnt or underdone. So these will be perfect for me, thanks!

Tigerlily
Apr 7th, 2006, 09:54 PM
I have everything except the margarine. Would vegetable oil work?

DancingWillow
Apr 7th, 2006, 09:58 PM
I don't think so, because it's too liquid...margerine is solid at room temperature.

Yoggy
Apr 7th, 2006, 09:58 PM
It says here (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/healthy-recipes/NU00585) (in the chart) that you shouldn't substitute oil for margarine, but you can substitute up to half the margarine with apple sauce. But then if you don't have any margarine, then I guess that doesn't help :(

Wishin986
Apr 7th, 2006, 10:18 PM
they are really fast and easy to make! and so yummy - i put them in the freezer to speed up the hardening process - and i used a about another tablespoon of soynut butter. soooo yummy. and when you think about cookies - not too too bad for you comparatively!

Tigerlily
Apr 7th, 2006, 10:34 PM
I don't think so, because it's too liquid...margerine is solid at room temperature.

Darn.

cedarblue
Apr 8th, 2006, 08:06 PM
i am making these tomorrow! - thanks for the recipe wishin!! :)

Smoothie
Jun 14th, 2006, 11:05 AM
that's so great since i don't have an oven:) guess who's gonna make cookies tonight?:D

DianeVegan
Jun 14th, 2006, 11:22 AM
I have everything except the margarine. Would vegetable oil work?
Coconut butter/oil or vegetable shortening (such as nonhydrogenated palm oil) migh also work.

Smoothie
Jun 15th, 2006, 08:50 PM
hey wishin - what kind of cocoa did you use? the dark one or the one you mix with soymil to make chocolatemilk? 'cause mine turned out really dark. they are pretty nice, i was just wondering if they aren't too chocolaty?

hyperactiv
Jun 15th, 2006, 09:18 PM
i had my hopes up!

I have been trying to develop my own non-cooked energy bars, which includes no boiling of ingredients. I also don't use any margerines, sugars or artificial sweeteners. This recipe sounds good though.

Tigerlily
Jun 15th, 2006, 09:34 PM
I might make these tomorrow, I have all the ingredients, I think.

Wishin986
Jun 15th, 2006, 10:15 PM
hey wishin - what kind of cocoa did you use? the dark one or the one you mix with soymil to make chocolatemilk? 'cause mine turned out really dark. they are pretty nice, i was just wondering if they aren't too chocolaty?

i just checked! i used baking cocoa - they usually are pretty dark - well the oats and soynut butter lighten it up a bit but in general mine are always pretty dark. glad you liked them! i love them bc they are so hastle free and easy and healthy as well (relatively as far as cookies go anways!)

Smoothie
Jun 16th, 2006, 03:23 PM
yeah. i was thinking about trying to add some chopped almonds next time - that would be soo yummy:D