PDA

View Full Version : Which state in the USA?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

DiaShel
Feb 28th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Long Island, New York. Hopefully Queens in the near future, but that's if I can find some roomies to afford an apartment with!
I'm in Worcester, Mass right now going to school.

Wow, Worcester Mass is close to me AND I have a job in Queens that I start in June. Interesting!

terem
Feb 28th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Ah that's so crazy DiaShel! It seems we're following a similar path.

I'll be back on Long Island in May, and then I'll be going to school in Queens in the Fall.

Lifeonmars
Feb 28th, 2009, 08:25 PM
I'd like nothing more to live in Portland. I completely feel in love with it. I don't know that I'll find a job in my field there though :sad:

I just visited Portland this last weekend and had an amazing time. I would love to live there one day.
What is your field?

DiaShel
Mar 2nd, 2009, 01:41 AM
Audiology. The problem is that Portland U has an audiology program so the students there do their rotations at the hospitals/practices in the area so they are the ones that will get the few jobs that are there.

Actually I think I might like the sun too much to live there. If only I could find a way to just live there in the summer when it's not rainy.

Eat Y'self Fitter
Mar 2nd, 2009, 02:47 AM
Terem where in Worchester do you go to school. I know someone who goes to Clark..

Mag
Mar 14th, 2009, 04:09 AM
South Carolina...I'm just grateful that I know where a Whole Foods is located and TWO Earth Fares! :p

fondducoeur
Mar 14th, 2009, 03:50 PM
I am from Missouri, but moved to Pennsylvania in January. I have found State College to be a pretty vegan friendly town. However, my dream place to live is Seattle, WA.

Tiffeecanoe
Mar 16th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Chicago, Illinois...right down town just west of "The Loop"

terem
Mar 17th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Terem where in Worchester do you go to school. I know someone who goes to Clark..

I go to Clark too! Who do you know?

Nobylspoon
Mar 18th, 2009, 01:29 PM
I plan on moving to Portland after I finish college. I used to spend alot of time there when I lived in Seattle, both of those cities are great for vegans although Seattle is alot more expensive.

I am currently living in Austin now and it is another really vegan friendly city, 2 WholeFoods stores, a raw bar, several farmers markets and alot of local restaurants that are vegan friendly, some that are 100% vegan.

vegannurse
Mar 25th, 2009, 07:13 PM
I live in northern Kentucky. Not too vegan friendly really. There's a whole foods in Cincinnati, but that's a 40 minute drive for me. :/ I want to move away from here because I grew up here and need a change. San Diego or Austin TX are the 2 places I'm debating! :)

cholepuree
Apr 1st, 2009, 12:29 AM
Fremont, California. Soon to be somewere near San Francisco, CA. Eventually see myself in another country...

mr_benjamin
Apr 2nd, 2009, 04:51 AM
San Francisco, California.

Very vegan friendly as it's a rather liberal city in a liberal state. I wouldn't know too much though since I cook my own food for the most part and I never really go to the yuppie neighborhoods.

girlEcho
Apr 6th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Denver, Colorado

shellymi2nv
Apr 20th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Grew up in metro Detroit, been in Las Vegas for 15 years now.

Sarabi
Apr 27th, 2009, 05:04 AM
Lived in Texas before going vegan. Don't live there.

Currently, I don't live in a state. I live in Washington, D.C. You're fine here as long as you have plenty of money and don't live in a lower-class neighborhood, which means black..... stores like Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and Safeway do not cater to poor people, period. Farmers' markets are bloody expensive. Cost me $5 for a one-liter bottle of apple cider.

mandalay
Aug 21st, 2009, 04:09 PM
I live in Bethesda, Maryland. Assuming you can afford it (stuff is pretty expensive out here), it's fairly vegan-friendly. There's a co-op really close, Whole Foods, etc. It's right near DC, so you can pretty find everything you need around here if you have the money. Also, just about everyone at least knows what a vegetarian is (with the occasional obnoxious fish misconception).

Degu
Aug 29th, 2009, 04:46 AM

K Rog
Sep 1st, 2009, 02:21 AM
Pittsburgh, PA. 5 min from whole foods, Co-Op, great places to eat. We actually have a place that serves a totally vegan Sunday brunch- Pick an entree, and there is an entire vegan buffet that comes with with (breads, salads, about 10 different cakes, etc.) for $10. It is absolutely amazing.

timberly
Nov 6th, 2009, 03:00 PM
live in new jersey but very close to nyc :)

janette
Nov 6th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Transplanted to Killeen Texas, about an hour north of Austin. I was born and raised in San Diego, CA.

baby_vicuņa
Nov 9th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Southern California. Born and raised, never lived anywhere else. That's soon to change though :D

Katalina
Nov 9th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I live in NJ.. I was considering moving to Portland (like so many others here apparently!), but I'll probably wimp out. :)

King
Dec 10th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Wenatchee, Washington

The most unvegan-friendly place in the country...i swear we may be known for our apples but thats just a cover for the hostile lynchings of vegans, vegetarians or anyone who likes to eat healthy for that matter.

But hey if it takes me alone trying to change it to accomplish anything. Then let the lynching begin.

behindblueeyes
Dec 10th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Massachusetts. Pretty good for vegans I think, and an all around nice state. Can be expensive to live here though.
I plan on visiting some places out west, but will probably always end up back in the new england area.