PDA

View Full Version : UK Vegan Freebies

herbwormwood
Apr 15th, 2006, 02:51 PM
A thread to share vegan freebies from vegan -friendly companies which you can get in the UK- preferably online or by post:
For starters:
http://www.originalsource.co.uk/home/
http://www.redbushtea.com/feedback/feedback.asp

Any more to share?
Post them here:)

lozza
Apr 15th, 2006, 09:37 PM
hmm..why do loads of you buy original source? just cos its vegan?

has no one noticed its owned by PZ cussons?

Troutina
Apr 16th, 2006, 03:08 PM
hmm..why do loads of you buy original source? just cos its vegan?

has no one noticed its owned by PZ cussons?

I thought their was something wrong with Cussons, but I assumed that if there was something wrong with them then the Vegan Society would not have put their name on it?

I buy them because their nice and because they are vegan.

alisont
Apr 16th, 2006, 05:22 PM
I use to use Orig source as a cheap vegan shower gel, but it seems to make my skin itch these days? I noticed too about being owned by cussons:confused: seems strange the vegan society aproved it but then a lot of these smaller companies are owned by the bigger multi national companies:( id not noticed this about orig source til recently.

Its a tricky one as orig source are often in poundland so a really cheap vegan buy.

Im buying more and more off smaller companies now or things like faith in nature or from animal aids online shop - they have some fab shower gels etc...

Alison (sorry going bit off topic as this is about freebies!)

alisont
Apr 16th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Back on subject Lush are good for freebies/trial samples. I have tried several of the fresh face packs (well the 2 that are vegan) and asked for a small trial pot and was given 2 full sized pots as the date was nearly up:)

Have also tried 'slithers' of soap and several skin care products to see what suited my skin best.

If you go in when its quiet they are usually happy to help:D

feral
Apr 16th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Oohh thanks alisont I didn't know lush gave samples!

Roxy
Apr 16th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Yes, the Lush that I go to have given me a free sample of face cream, shampoo and soap.

lozza
Apr 16th, 2006, 09:59 PM
in the (7th) animal-free shopper, knorr products are listed as vegan society approved..yet they are owned by unilever.

hence..just cos the vegan society has approved original source, doesnt mean its not owned by animal testers. :S sorry!!

lozza
Apr 16th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Oohh thanks alisont I didn't know lush gave samples!

yeah! when i went in there last time, i bought coconut soap, rockstar soap and a henna bar for hairdying...they gave me a free sample of a soap called "miranda" :D wicked cool!