PDA

View Full Version : Keep fit and raise money for Animal Aid

Tiggerwoo
Apr 22nd, 2006, 09:31 PM
Anyone up for a sponsored walk in the beautiful Hampstead Heath for Animal Aid on Sunday 4th June.

Will be going to this one myself (although that might put a few of you off:D ) but it will be a great way to keep fit, plus raise some money, while having a laugh at the same time!:)

http://www.veggies.org.uk/arc/event.php?ref=587

tabitha
Apr 22nd, 2006, 09:58 PM
If Im ok after injections DEFINITELY!!

Tiggerwoo
Apr 22nd, 2006, 10:04 PM
Yay..... Am sure you will be, you going in to hospital round then aren't you?

tabitha
Apr 22nd, 2006, 10:11 PM
In on 18 May, so should be fine by then (although will look like Elephant Woman).

Tiggerwoo
Apr 22nd, 2006, 10:17 PM
Awwwwwww. You'll look fine.

You could always go round in fancy dress....... Will make more money!

tabitha
Apr 22nd, 2006, 10:19 PM
Awwwwwww. You'll look fine.

You could always go round in fancy dress....... Will make more money!

Well, I could always say that medical research did it to me.....

Tiggerwoo
Apr 22nd, 2006, 10:21 PM
Well, I could always say that medical research did it to me.....

Now that is an excellent idea!:D

Gorilla
Apr 23rd, 2006, 05:16 PM
i'm a veteran of the Animal Aid sponsored walk (you may be interested in my thread about it here (http://veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3808))

i will probably be doing it this year too.

Tiggerwoo
Apr 23rd, 2006, 05:20 PM
Awww, sounds like you had a great time over the last 2 years, and am really looking forward to doing it now I've read that thread.

Hopefully will see you there this year.

The more the merrier!:) So come on everyone, it will be fun, fun, fun!:D

Gorilla
Apr 23rd, 2006, 05:43 PM
yeah, it's a great event and it was good to meet Tony Banks there last year who is sadly no longer with us.

hopefully i won't get hayfever this year - Hampstead Heath has caused me few sniffles in the past! :p

Tiggerwoo
Apr 23rd, 2006, 07:14 PM
Oh no, hayfever is sooooooo annoying. Does anyone that has been know if we're allowed to take dogs with us? I know our border collies would love it as they've been to Hampstead Heath before? I would have thought it would been OK, but wanna check first.

Gorilla
Apr 24th, 2006, 08:56 AM
i'm pretty sure i've seen people doing the walk with dogs before and i doubt Animal Aid would stop people bringing their dogs, but maybe best to contact them though. Karin who's organised the walks in the past is really friendly and helpful.

Tiggerwoo
Apr 24th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Thanks Gorilla, am sending off the the sponsor forms this week, so will ask her then.:)

Gorilla
Jun 5th, 2006, 08:37 AM
i had a really good day at the Animal Aid walk yesterday. the weather was almost perfect, sunny and hot but not too scorching. it was really good to meet Tony Benn, what a lovely man. he gave us a little motivational talk at the beginning (he wasn't able to do the walk with us). made it round in just over two hours with a break for food halfway through, not bad going considering i'm fighting off a cold and hayfever at the same time ;)

went for dinner at the vegan Chinese buffet afterwards. :D

not feeling too great this morning though...

gertvegan
Jun 5th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Nice one that gorilla, shame about not feeling tops this morning.:) :(

Gorilla
Jun 5th, 2006, 01:19 PM
thanks Gert.

gertvegan
Jun 6th, 2006, 10:14 PM
You can see the Podcast of Tony Benn at our sponsored walk here. (http://www.animalaid.org.uk/events/walkvid.htm) :D

Gorilla
Jun 6th, 2006, 10:34 PM
i've just had a look at that video - you can see me in the group of walkers, just before the end. :o