PDA

View Full Version : Chipotle Avacado Corn Chowder

BunnyHugger
Apr 25th, 2006, 03:40 PM
This spicy soup was inspired by a recipe I found in "Vegetarian Times" magazine. I altered it and made it my own.

What I love about this recipe is it's so quick...10 minutes from start to finish, and easy...I just pour what I want in a bowl and stick the rest in the fridge right in the blender. No messy pots to clean or waiting around for an hour while it cooks!

What you'll need:

* 2 1/2 cups plain organic soymilk
* 2 1/2 cups organic frozen white and/or yellow corn, defrosted
* 1/4 cup organic silken tofu*
* 1 large ripe avacado, peeled and diced
* 3-4 canned chopotle peppers, drained and rinsed*
* 1/4 tsp sea salt
* black pepper to taste

To make:

Combine soymilk, tofu, peppers, 2 cups of the corn, 3/4 of the avacado, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth. Add remaining corn and avacado. Pour into dish or dishes. Microwave on high for 45-60 seconds or until hot. Eat and enjoy!

*Adding the 1/4 cup of silken tofu gives this soup a thicker, creamier texture, but if you don't have any, it's not absolutely necessary and the soup is still delish without it.

*Chipotles are smoked jalepeno peppers and they're super spicy. Feel free to adjust the quantity of peppers you add to suite your taste. I like mine flaming so I usually add about five.

rantipole
Apr 25th, 2006, 03:57 PM
I'm definitely going to try this. I think it will rock with some freshly-baked cornbread!

Cheers,
rant

Jane M
Apr 25th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Oh wow, so many of my favorite things in one bowl!!!! Easy too...always looking for easy. Thanks, Bunny!!!!!!:p

BunnyHugger
Apr 26th, 2006, 03:55 AM
Youre welcome!

Let me know how you guys like it, whenever you make it.

Wildflower
Apr 26th, 2006, 04:02 AM
Cool - thanks! Looks yummy!

mn_nurse
May 18th, 2006, 12:10 PM
I think I'll try that with about 1 pepper...and maybe top with lime?

*live*&*let*live
Jul 17th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Yum! It's on my list to make! :smile: