PDA

View Full Version : does anyone have a recipe for waffles?

B the Explorer
May 2nd, 2006, 12:13 AM
I'm looking for something that's whole wheat and non dairy that can be put in a waffle maker.

Thanks!

Jane M
May 2nd, 2006, 02:17 AM
VegWeb has a bunch of waffle recipes...hope this helps

http://vegweb.com/index.php?action=search2

Wildflower
May 2nd, 2006, 05:56 PM
I have a good recipe for pancakes - when I was a kid my mom used her pancake recipe in the waffle maker to make waffles.

From CompassionateCooks.com

1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 T Baking Powder
pinch of salt (1/4 tsp)

1 cup soymilk or non-dairy beverage of choice
2 T olive oil (or oil of choice)
2 T maple syrup (or liquid sweetner of choice)

Mix dry ingredients, add wet, mix lightly until combined.

You can add blueberries, chocolate chips, nuts, etc.

I make these pancakes all the time. My boyfriend and I were never real pancake likers, but these are great!

Mr Flibble
May 2nd, 2006, 06:08 PM
This post isn't relavent to recipes, I do appologise. It's about my year long saga, trying to course a waffle maker in the UK. Considering we're one of the closest countries to Belgium you'd have thought they were easier to get than in the UK which is thousands of miles away, but sadely not. There was a cheap and nasty one that made waffle wafers, a cast iron one for stoves and several thousand pound plus professional catering ones. Finally when I was about to give up delongi started selling them, and now they're available in every argos in the country i'm not as interested as i once was ;)

twinkle
May 2nd, 2006, 06:13 PM
Waffle wafers? do you mean like crispy ones to go in ice-cream? I'd be interested in one of those :)

Mr Flibble
May 2nd, 2006, 06:21 PM
i'm sure you would ;)

It appears to make slightly deeper ones than I remember, but still not as fat as usual belgian waffles. You can buy it (http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1051620) for under 20 quid.

Wildflower
May 5th, 2006, 05:41 AM
That's funny Mr Flibble.

Who knew you guys didn't have waffle makers? Not me...

Also, slightly irrelevent, if you ever come to the US, make sure you never eat at a Waffle House.