PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Chocolat Vegan Goodies

Poison Ivy
May 2nd, 2006, 09:01 PM
For some of the best chocolate I have *ever* had the pleasure of tasting (the gianduja in particular is just indescribably good!!:) ) try Hotel Chocolat

http://www.hotelchocolat.co.uk/cx1/category-For-Vegans-HCOVEGAN.htm

They also do quite a large box of Turkish Delight which if I remember correctly may be of particular interest to Catmogg:D

LittleMissVegan
May 2nd, 2006, 09:03 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmm they look very nice- *Searches frantically for credit card* LOL :D

Cherry
May 2nd, 2006, 09:38 PM
Ooh. I saw a hotel chocolat when I went to see my sister in Norwich a few weeks ago. It looked really tempting but, yeh, a bit expensive.

Is it better than Montezumas, Poison Ivy?

Tiggerwoo
May 2nd, 2006, 11:35 PM
Oh I love that shop. My mum introduced me to the one in Milton Keynes about a month ago when I visited her and their choccie is sooooooooo much nicer than Green and Blacks and the vegan range is really well labelled.

Also staff in most shops could take a leaf outta their book....... They are so polite and seem genuinely so which makes a change.

xwitchymagicx
May 3rd, 2006, 01:55 AM
Damn me spending so much money already this week. *sniff* :( lol

snaffler
May 3rd, 2006, 02:15 PM
:mad: Where is mine, ;) lucky you they are lush chocs. :p

Hemlock
May 3rd, 2006, 04:06 PM
Not mad on chocolate meself although a small square of really good quality chocolate with fruit of somesort in it with coffee is ok, any more and i feel sick.
Those turkish delights and the pates du fruit look lovely though!!!:)

the_red_star
May 9th, 2006, 04:27 PM
ok, 'cooking chocolate marbles' - i don't believe for a minute that anyone who purchases them gets as far as cooking!! They would all be in my tummy before i got as far as the kitchen!! :o

TofuFooYung
May 9th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Ages ago I remember seeing this chocolate swiss roll thing in the Veggie section of Hotel Chocolat but marked for vegans. It was really dear but looked sooo nice. They confirmed by email that it was vegan as well.

... now it's not on the site anymore. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Poison Ivy
May 9th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Was it the roll of the gianduja that was studded with pistachios and then covered in dark chocolate?? If it was I saw that too and it did indeed look faaaabuloooouuuuus - I knew I should have ordered it back then:(

TofuFooYung
May 9th, 2006, 05:49 PM
That sounds like it might be it! It looked so grand and majestic!

At about 15 or 20 or whatever it was, it'd have to be! I'd expect a crown and sceptre with it at that price :)

Maybe we can join together and email to see if they'll restock it!

twinkle
Oct 26th, 2006, 04:44 PM
I went to Hotel Chocolat last weekend in St Albans - they do mini packs of chocolates for £2.50 each but if you buy 3 or more they're £2 each - well worth it. I got 2 different types of hazelnut truffles, some slabs of mint fondant in chocolate, and some Sour Cherry Crunch chocs, of which I have just scoffed two :)

I went to their website yesterday and found the vegan labelling a bit confusing so I left a comment, and they'd already replied by this morning! Very impressed :)

Thank you for your e-mail.

I am pleased to hear that you are interested in our increasing range of vegan products.

Many of these are very new, and therefore there have been a few teething problems with the classification.

The vegan range on the wesbite is the most frequently updated (as our catalogues can only be printed so often).

If you ever have any queries about the ingredients of any of our products please contact us at service@hotelchocolat.co.uk and we will be happy to provide more information.
Kind regards
Colin Whittingham
Customer Experience Team
Hotel Chocolat Ltd

Holly78
Oct 26th, 2006, 04:57 PM
I love Hotel Chocolat - I had a lovely big slab (one of the 500g ones :D ) of orange flavoured chocolate from there for my birthday this week and methinks it isn't going to last to see next week.......

twinkle
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:12 PM
I went to the branch in Nottingham today and spent a substantial sum :D

The kirsh soaked cherries are wonderful, I must say. I also think the marzipan chocolates with an almond on top are pretty good.

As well as that, but which I haven't tried yet, I got chocolate covered liquer soaked mango pieces, a mini pistachio and hazelnut log, some espresso truffles, a box of gianduja squares and a box of turkish delight. Some of which I may give as presents, but it depends how long my willpower holds out :)

Gorilla
Nov 22nd, 2006, 10:55 PM
i tried some Hotel Chocolat products at the weekend for the first time. they're really good - i had the Ebony & Orange and Arabica Noir. :) now wondering if i can afford to try some of the other varieties!

MarkAnthony
Dec 9th, 2006, 02:24 AM
Their chocolate spread is absolutely amazing. :)

eco
Apr 12th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Chocolate suitable for vegans from hotel chocolat.

http://www.hotelchocolat.co.uk/category.asp?cat_id=HCOVEGAN&src=cj

dada
Apr 12th, 2007, 12:40 PM
this looks extremely good!!!

http://www.hotelchocolat.co.uk/src/cj/cid/NVSKNULKZNJE5TQKFIUAQUSEB11U3D0F/chocolate-spread-P1671/

thanks for the info ecoanimal.

puffin
Apr 12th, 2007, 07:54 PM
I love there chocolate. There is a shop in cambridge and i usually spend quite a bit when i go in so i dont go very often. I was tempted to buy from there website but i am to stingy to pay the 4.95 (or what ever it is) delivery charge.