PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bullet blender

seviya
May 3rd, 2006, 11:44 PM
I don't usually go nuts like this but I absolutely have to share something with you all.

Today I purchased a Magic Bullet! It sounds like something you'd find in a sexshop but it's actually a wee little blender, and perfection like I've never imagined. You can find it at www.buythebullet.com, or while watching an infomercial at 4:30 in the morning. I found it at Wal-greens.

This little thing is, quite simply, the most amazing thing EVER. You fill up the clear cup with food, screw the lid with the blade onto the top, turn it upside down (nothing falls out), and place it on the base. Tap it, it whirs, crunches up ice, broccoli, etc, in a matter of seconds. Remove it from the base - the lid is still on - and drink from it, pour from it, or do whatever.

The BEST part for me is that it also comes with four "cups" with handles and lids. You just stick in whatever food, screw on the lid with the blades, put it on the blender, whir, screw on a plain lid, pop it in your backpack and GO. I've made smoothies and soups just as quick as you please, using only one utensil for the entire thing, and it's small enough for just me or for two. Oh and plus you can microwave and refrigerate the same cup you blend stuff up in!!!

Please forgive me for being wild about this but I just have to share. It is soooo convenient. Today, for a snack, I just peeled a pear, cut out the core, stuck it in the cup, added some ice and a few strips of ginger, whizzed it around, put on the lid and headed out the door. Took me two minutes, one dish. For supper, I just threw some broccoli florets in the cup, some rice milk, garlic, and vegetable bouillion, microwaved it for two minutes, whirred it, ate it, yum. So fast, and so easy.

OK now I sound like I work for the company or something, but as vegans we sometimes suffer from a lack of quick-quick alternatives when cooking. If I'd had to get out a saucepan, steam the broccoli, let it warm, blend it, would've taken 10 minutes and at least three dishes, not including the soup bowl. Using the Magic Bullet, it took me four minutes and one dish. Not bad for some perfect soup!!!

It's also very beneficial for those of us solo vegans in a housefull of carnivores. Now I don't have to get out the huge blender for when it's just me. Plus I really live off dips and pita bread sometimes, and food processors are so much hassle . . .

Anyways, sorry so long, but I might have saved some sweat and trouble if I'd known of this utensil before!!! So I hope you consider giving it a try!! Wal-Greens is like half the price of the website!!!

Best wishes for the bestest food!!! :D

speedylemons
May 4th, 2006, 05:48 AM
I bought one called 'mama' from china off ebay a while ago. It's badass.

ladyaprille
May 4th, 2006, 07:33 AM
ooooo anything like that in the UK? it'd be good for travelling!

tabitha
May 4th, 2006, 07:43 AM
get yourself on the Shopping Channel Ladyaprille they sell it there. Im really glad I read this thread. I was thinking about getting one a few months ago and I didnt because I thought it was probably not as good as it looked. However, reading this, I think I will reconsider. Thank you:D

PlumsOfDoom
May 4th, 2006, 02:07 PM
I don't usually go nuts like this but I absolutely have to share something with you all.

Today I purchased a Magic Bullet! It sounds like something you'd find in a sexshop but it's actually a wee little blender, and perfection like I've never imagined.

Sorry to lower the tone, but when I hovered over this post to see what it was about, I thought you said it was a wee blender and was so intrigued as to what that would be used for...:D

lozza
May 4th, 2006, 05:33 PM
wow that sounds cool! :D

ravenfire
May 5th, 2006, 04:45 AM
I got one a couple of years ago when I first saw the infomercial (and I'm not usually draw in by them) and I LOVE IT!!!! My husband and I make our morning smoothies in it using the individual mugs that come with it. I make hummus in it a lot as well as bean dip out of pintos. I also use it to chop garlic and onion and herbs. It's awesome isn't it!!!

Risker
May 5th, 2006, 04:50 AM
It does sound good and I was going to say it's a pity they don't sell to the UK but $140 is quite alot and even though it's 2 for 1, why would I want 2?

seviya
May 5th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Aye it does sound like a rackett! I bought mine at a Boots-type US store for $50 - the website really is over-priced. Maybe take a look on eBay? Though I'd worry about the plug (when I was in the UK, all my outlet converters fried everything I owned :( ). If it's not too prohibitive, definitely give it a shot!

I'm about to go make some strawberry soup, mmmm . . . . So glad I'm not the only one who knows about this little machine from heaven! :p

:)

ravenfire
May 6th, 2006, 12:48 AM
It does sound good and I was going to say it's a pity they don't sell to the UK but $140 is quite alot and even though it's 2 for 1, why would I want 2?

I thought that too, why in the heck do I need two of them. So I talked my grandma into splitting the cost with me and us each taking one.

xwitchymagicx
May 6th, 2006, 12:52 AM
Cool...I was going to get one of those before but I thought it would be crap like other shopping channel stuff!

speedylemons
May 7th, 2006, 05:54 PM
exactly. I was surprised i gave in and bought one.. even if it was off ebay. :rolleyes:

meggymaggoo
May 7th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Just to add - IT IS BRIILIANT for most smaller chopping, mixing, liquidising and blending jobs! Easy, quick, light - and all the bits go in a dishwasher.

It's our whizzer! We also like that you can whizz different pots of stuff up, put lids on and store in fridge.

A VERY GOOD buy :)