PDA

View Full Version : stys

veggiewoman
May 17th, 2006, 09:57 PM
I have had a sty on my right eye for about 3months now and it just wont go away ,
any top tips please , thanks :)

Tigerlily
May 17th, 2006, 10:42 PM
My dad had to get medication for it. *shrugs* I don't know if you want to go that route...

rianaelf
May 17th, 2006, 10:56 PM
You could try soaking a teaspoon or two of finely chopped marshmallow root available from
http://www.baldwins.co.uk/perl/go.pl/shop/shop.html?STARTbase_product=15&category_uid=425
you should only need about 25gms> and a tablespoon of marigold petals in enough distilled witchazel <also available from Baldwins> for at least 12 hours and then get some of these makeup remover pads <are they vegan, is cotton wool got wool in it argh i don't know :confused:> take two pads and soak them in the mixture, take them out and turn them round so the sides with herbs stuck to them are in the middle of the two pads and then place the pads over the sty. now comes the tricky bit! it would be very good if you could keep it on for as long as possible, anythink from 20mins to overnite. After you have done this place a cotton pad into the mixture every hour or so and just gently drop some of the mix onto the sty.
The mix should keep for 24 hours, preferably in the fridge. After 12 hours start another mix and do this for three days.
It may help to infuse the marigold in a littlehot water <just off the boil> and leave to cool before adding to the marshmallow and withchazel after it has soaked for 12 hours. :)

Lizzie
May 18th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Rub the sty with a gold wedding ring for several minutes, it must be at least 18ct gold.

It might be an old wives tale but it always works for me!

DoveInGreyClothing
May 21st, 2006, 03:06 PM
Bathe your eyes with saline twice a day. My mum gets a lot stys and this works for her.

eve
May 22nd, 2006, 07:55 AM
DoveInGreyClothing, if your mum gets a lot of styes, does that mean the saline doesn't work?

I remember as a child that I had a stye, and my mother made me dip cotton wool in my own urine to dab on. Glad to say that it worked! Free too!

veggiewoman
May 22nd, 2006, 08:22 PM
DoveInGreyClothing, if your mum gets a lot of styes, does that mean the saline doesn't work?

I remember as a child that I had a stye, and my mother made me dip cotton wool in my own urine to dab on. Glad to say that it worked! Free too!

OMG , I think I will stick to having my sty thanks lol

thanks for all the good advice anyway

btw where do I get saline from? thanks :)

Risker
May 22nd, 2006, 08:32 PM
A chemists should sell it, I usually just make it myself though.

Boil some tap water, mix in salt (a teaspoon for a cup should do it).

veggiewoman
May 22nd, 2006, 08:40 PM
A chemists should sell it, I usually just make it myself though.

Boil some tap water, mix in salt (a teaspoon for a cup should do it).

great thanks Risker.

you saying about the water and salt reminds me of a little boy I looked after , he had an infection on the end of his willy and the doc gave me some cream but he said that I had to give him 4 baths a day then once he was in the bath I had to add 4 heaped table spoons of salt to the bath!!!
I said to him in shock- SALT !!!! Coz you always hear the saying - rubbing salt into...
I shall give that a go once I get some salt , thanks for that :)

thanks