PDA

View Full Version : "I can't believe that it's ACTUALLY vegan!"

Pages : 1 [2]

vegan1969
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:58 AM
I bought Wysong 'vegan' dry dog/cat food and found out the source for vitamin D in the food is derived from sheep's wool. I was really mad and wrote them a letter.

moochbabe
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:05 AM
if it's vitamin D2 it's fine, it's D3 you need to watch out for.

snail
Jun 20th, 2006, 05:01 PM
even if these foods are vegan it doesnt mean they are healthy. vegan doesnt mean healthy. whole, natural and organic foods = healthy. you could be vegan and still have a worse diet than a meat eater if your only aim is to eat foods with no animal products.

who cares if nestle crap is vegan or if burger king crap is vegan. you should feel bad that you are giving money to some shitty corporation and putting bad food into yr body

Haniska
Jun 21st, 2006, 06:05 AM
I agree that vegan does not equal healthy. I've got some angry replies concerning that but I stand by it.
However, its nice to grab some crap while you are in town. Its nice to show your friends that being vegan is fun and easy. Also nice to eat some crappy bad food sometimes. If you eat whole natural foods in general those foods start to lose their apeal (slushies taste like chemicals, white bread is just styromfoam mush etc)
I don't care who gets my money in general, if I am not buying meat/animal products/ products tested on animals then it does not concern me.

foxytina_69
Jun 21st, 2006, 09:36 AM
if it werent for all the convenience foods that are vegan, it wouldnt have opened up many peoples eyes that are vegan now, or are on the road to becoming vegan because of it, in my life. i love telling people what regular grocery items are vegan because they realize that being vegan isnt bad!

foxytina_69
Jun 21st, 2006, 09:38 AM
I don't care who gets my money in general, if I am not buying meat/animal products/ products tested on animals then it does not concern me.

i agree. i like burger king veggie burgers. i give my money to them because i think its great that they offer a vegan option.

Syren
Jun 25th, 2006, 01:54 AM
... don't Burger King veggie patties contain eggs? Therefore, it's not a vegan option.

And anyways, blegh. Burger King.

Haniska
Jun 25th, 2006, 02:40 AM
Nature Valley has some new granola bars out that are vegan. That is, if you eat sugar.
They are:

Almond crunch and Peanut butter

Do you eat sugar?

Jane M
Jun 25th, 2006, 02:48 AM
I will eat beet sugar...not cane. Beet sugar hasn't been processed using bone char. I can't say I eat a lot of it though. It's just a now and then thing...special occasions and the like.

Tigerlily
Jun 25th, 2006, 03:00 AM
I eat sugar. I am not an ingredient Nazi. That probably makes me a "bad vegan" but whatever.

Roxy
Jun 25th, 2006, 04:55 AM
who cares if nestle crap is vegan or if burger king crap is vegan. you should feel bad that you are giving money to some shitty corporation and putting bad food into yr body

Actually a lot of people care and I don't believe anyone "should" feel bad because you tell them that what they are doing in your opinon is wrong.

A lot of times, new vegans can find the whole new world of veganism a little overwhelming and it's easy for them to still rely on vegan conveniece foods such as slurpees, burger king veggie burgers, chips, fries and whatever else.

As they begin to learn and understand more about the vegan diet and lifestyle, they sometimes begin to make changes to their own habbits weather it be out of conscience for their own health, or morals concerning large corporations, or other reasons perhaps.

Most people don't like others standing on a pedestal though and telling them how they "should" feel about things. Personal choice is a good thing and not everyone has their epiphanies or grand awakenings at the same time.

Mystic
Jun 25th, 2006, 05:12 AM
Well said Rox

Roxy
Jun 25th, 2006, 05:15 AM
Thanks, stickydate. :)

Conrad
Jun 26th, 2006, 09:51 AM
nestle's chocolate bites, but they did just purchase the green and black's co. so there is still hope for those who want to support a multinational and fair trade at the same time
I'm holding out for organic skittles

psychocandy
Jun 26th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Wasn't it Cadbury's who bought Green and Blacks?

foxytina_69
Jun 26th, 2006, 09:42 PM
... don't Burger King veggie patties contain eggs? Therefore, it's not a vegan option.

And anyways, blegh. Burger King.

syren, canadain ones are vegan.

http://veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9226

~Lenore
Jun 29th, 2006, 10:05 PM
syren, canadain ones are vegan.

http://veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9226

Ours aren't, boo. :(

veggiegirl3
Jul 25th, 2006, 12:49 AM
nestle's chocolate bites, but they did just purchase the green and black's co. so there is still hope for those who want to support a multinational and fair trade at the same time
I'm holding out for organic skittles

Well that makes me VERY happy! :D Cheap vegan chocolate for when I'm broke!

my3labs
Jul 25th, 2006, 01:33 AM
Riboflavin is not vegan? Crap. My daughter and I thought it was.

Tigerlily
Jul 25th, 2006, 01:40 AM
Source for that? Ribflavin is vitamin B2.

my3labs
Jul 25th, 2006, 02:48 AM
Source for that? Ribflavin is vitamin B2.
Well, that's what I thought. Earlier in the thread there was talk that it might not be vegan.

Tigerlily
Jul 25th, 2006, 02:54 AM
Well, if that particular one comes from an animal, it's not vegan. But B2 also comes from vegan sources.

paulvegan
Jul 25th, 2006, 02:59 AM
you can get b2 from these
Dark green leafy vegetables, wheat germ, brewer's yeast, enriched and whole-grain breads and cereals, legumes, nuts, fruit. hope its some help