PDA

View Full Version : SATURDAY: World's Largest Veggie Brat Fest

madpogue
May 26th, 2006, 11:18 PM
[note to mods: not sure where "event" notices go; if this is the wrong place, can you move it? Thanx - Paul]

Come to the "World's Largest Veggie Brat Fest", TOMORROW, Saturday, May 27, 11:00AM CDT, until they're gone, at the Madison Whole Foods store, 3313 University Ave., Madison WI USA.

The name is something of a joke - Madison has the dubious distinction of hosting the "World's Largest Brat Fest" every Memorial Day weekend; there are actually traffic jams around the event location. So when some local veg*n activists decided to do a free veggie (actually, they're vegan - Tofurky) brat event at the same time, they decided, on a lark, to call it the "World's Largest...". (Note: I don't see any info re. whether it's still free this year; it has been in past years.)

For more info, http://www.veggiebratfest.com

DianeVegan
May 27th, 2006, 07:20 PM
That's awesome.

kriz
May 27th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Mmmmm, I love veggie brats ...wish the event was over here too.;) Looks like a lot of fun!:)

Wildflower
May 28th, 2006, 07:52 AM
I can't believe I just saw this!

And I only live an hour from Madison... :(

If only the board wasn't down yesterday... I have actually never had a meat (cow/pig/rodent:confused: ) brat (I didn't grow up here), but I like Tofurky products, and have had their brats. I probably like the Tofurky Itallian Sausages or Keilbasas a bit better, but this is still so awesomely cool! :D