PDA

View Full Version : garner's pickled eggs

moonshadow
May 31st, 2006, 02:12 PM
my husband and i were at co-op the other day, and i joked that we should get some pickled eggs. bryce picked up the jar, and noticed that it's stamped on them, 'suitable for vegetarians and vegans'.

!!!

how did that happen?

i keep thinking i should contact the company and tell them about their mistake, but then, i wouldn't be able to laugh at the 'vegan eggs'...

hmmm... i really should contact them, i guess.

absentmindedfan
May 31st, 2006, 02:30 PM
Blerugh, pickeld eggs always freak me out. They look like they're reptile eggs in formaldehyde that you'd find in a museum.

gertvegan
May 31st, 2006, 07:19 PM
i really should contact them, i guess.If its not on the jar, the email address is garners@garnersfoods.com ;)

sugarmouse
May 31st, 2006, 07:22 PM
Blerugh, pickeld eggs always freak me out. They look like they're reptile eggs in formaldehyde that you'd find in a museum.

lol me too! the thought of eating one of those makes me gip!!!:eek:

and moonshadow,that is pretty shocking!! again if someone reads it whom is unsure what a vegan is....

Tigerlily
May 31st, 2006, 07:45 PM
The only reason that they would be labelled vegan would either be a typographical error or the eggs are free-range and the labelling people thought free-range was acceptable for vegans (which it's obviously not).

moonshadow
Jun 3rd, 2006, 07:59 AM
thanks for posting the email addy, gert! with it so easily copy and paste-able, i have now emailed them.