PDA

View Full Version : Summer Sundae in Leicester

twinkle
Jun 4th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Is anyone going to Summer Sundae (http://www.summersundae.com/) this year? I'm really looking forward to seeing Seth Lakeman and Belle and Sebastian, but the really great thing about this one in the past has been seeing people I've never heard of before and being blown away by them :)

I've been for the last 2 years, it's a really lovely little festival, and there are always veg*n food stalls, as well as a good choice of places to eat in Leicester itself.

Stu
Jun 4th, 2006, 01:24 PM
That looks really bloody good, but I doubt it would be practical for me...

Ara
Jun 4th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Bizzarely my housemate and i are not going even though it would make sense seeing as we'll probably be in Leicester then. I'd only really go to see Belle and Sebastian and a couple of other bands, and i can't really justify spending that much on a ticket when i've already got two other festivals lined up for august :(

twinkle
Apr 18th, 2007, 07:28 PM
I've started looking out for music by artists who are going to be at this year's Summer Sundae (http://www.summersundae.com/lineup.asp). Seems like there are going to be some good acts on, a lot of mellow stuff as usual, but the Pipettes are likely to be lively, I should think, and you can never tell with The Divine Comedy, I think their performance depends on whether they're in a good mood or not...

Anyone thinking of coming to this?

Also, I didn't realise there was a dedicated "festivals" thread - any chance of a mod moving it over, please? Or should I start another thread in there?

veganlinda
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Had forgotten about this and is only a month away and on my doorstep! so many nice things to do so few pennies .....

twinkle
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:48 PM
You've GOTTA come to Summer Sundae, veganlinda! If necessary I'll smuggle you in under my coat :D

Marrers
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Just looking at the line-up. No sign of Belle & Sebastian - have they pulled out? I'd be livid if I booked to go to a festival and the band I especially wanted to see ended up pulling out beforehand.

I always enjoy Divine Comedy (I used to know their current cello/keyboard player). Martha Wainwright is fabulous. Candi Payne is worth a look too, saw her at The Great Escape.

twinkle
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Belle and Sebastian was last year. Very enjoyable, I was right down the front :)

The Pipettes have pulled out of this year's line up but there are still loads of people I'm looking forward to seeing.

Gorilla
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:50 PM
i'd really like to go to this, i love The Divine Comedy, The Broken Family Band and The Concretes. but my financial situation isn't looking too good at the moment. :(