PDA

View Full Version : What vegan restaurants are in your area?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Firestorm
Jul 9th, 2013, 09:15 PM
That's a bit of a breakthrough isn't it Fs? Artichokes seem to be involved too!
Yup, I'm very impressed. I can walk there, have dinner and a few drinks and stagger home again!

Blueberries
Jul 9th, 2013, 09:39 PM
There are a good few vegetarian and vegan restaurants here in Barcelona, as well as restaurants with vegan options. There is one 2 minutes walk from my flat called Arc Iris but it doesn't have many vegan options. There are three ethnic non-vegan restaurants with vegan options within 15 minutes of my house; Indian, Ethiopian and Vietnamese. There are a couple of great vegan restaurants within a few metro stops, including a vegan pub (CatBar) and a take-away deli/bakery (Gopal). I'm lucky to live in such a hippy, left-wing city :)

Gwydion
Jul 9th, 2013, 11:44 PM
^ Jealous!

I need to revisit Barca again soon.

Blueberries
Jul 10th, 2013, 04:35 PM
^ Jealous!

I need to revisit Barca again soon.

Haha, do! I'll bring you on the vegan tour ;)

Astrid660
Jul 10th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Not one vegan or even vegetarian restaurant in my town.. Not even in the bigger city that's about 7 hours away. :(

In my town, if I want to eat out, there are two indian places that I could probably get a meal at... and i can get Subway or Pita Pit... or very plain things from Tim Hortons.. There is a mexican place but they don't have a set menu, it changes every day so that would likely not be a good choice. The other restaurants are basically western cuisine, which can be tough... We have a Denny's but the service is so foul I'd never go there.

Then there is the Chinese food restaurant I work at ! Vegans could come in and have plain chop suey, curried chop suey, tofu with chinese mushrooms and broccoli, and probably the hot pot if they left out the meat.

Gwydion
Jul 10th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Haha, do! I'll bring you on the vegan tour ;)

*Books flight*

Happy belated birthday btw! :-)

Blueberries
Jul 11th, 2013, 05:44 PM
*Books flight*

Happy belated birthday btw! :-)

Haha! Thanks so much for the birthday wishes ;)

Andy_T
Jul 25th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Not really a vegan restaurant, but today I checked out the food court opposite my company here in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia.

I was sceptical at first, so I asked the lady at the Chinese restaurant if they do have anything vegetarian, and she showed me the "vegetarian" side of the counter (opposite from the "animal products| side)

They had about 12 dishes, and the ladles used to put it on your plate have different colours: yellow (one dish) ... contains egg, blue (5 dishes) ... contains onions and garlic (not ok for some buddhists), green (6 dishes) ... does not contain any of the above. No meat, fish, or milk in any of them, she credibly promised.

So I'm really happy, especially as the dishes are supposed to change every day and the total cost of the plate is 5 - 10 MYR (about 1.50-2.50 EUR)

Best regards,
Andy

Blueberries
Jul 27th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Not really a vegan restaurant, but today I checked out the food court opposite my company here in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia.

I was sceptical at first, so I asked the lady at the Chinese restaurant if they do have anything vegetarian, and she showed me the "vegetarian" side of the counter (opposite from the "animal products| side)

They had about 12 dishes, and the ladles used to put it on your plate have different colours: yellow (one dish) ... contains egg, blue (5 dishes) ... contains onions and garlic (not ok for some buddhists), green (6 dishes) ... does not contain any of the above. No meat, fish, or milk in any of them, she credibly promised.

So I'm really happy, especially as the dishes are supposed to change every day and the total cost of the plate is 5 - 10 MYR (about 1.50-2.50 EUR)

Best regards,
Andy

Wow that sounds great Andy! How are you getting on in Malaysia?

harpy
Jul 27th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Yes, sounds like a find, Andy, especially as it's opposite your office.

I see HappyCow has quite a few listings for the Petaling Jaya area, but whether they are all still open etc is another matter.

vegrecetas
Aug 12th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Vegan Bunker, on Santiago de Chile (Chile, Southamerica)
https://www.facebook.com/VeganBunker :heart: 100% Vegan

micthemini
Aug 14th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Not local to me, but somewhere we go when out and about is the Burnt Gate (http://www.burntgate.co.uk) in Anslow (nr Burton on Trent)as it has a seperate vegan menu.
Will be there on Sunday evening :-)

Egesa
Aug 19th, 2013, 10:33 AM
In Melbourne, Shakahari
http://www.shakahari.com.au/

Eidavin
Sep 17th, 2013, 05:57 PM
I have a Vegetarian restuarant that also sells vegan foods across the street from my university. After Worship, my friends and I go there and indulge in all the vegan goodness.
It is called the Green Door Restaurant.
It is incredible. It is pay by weight. So you take what you want and then pay by weight.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a Vegetarian restuarant that also sells vegan foods across the street from my university. After Worship, my friends and I go there and indulge in all the vegan goodness.
It is called the Green Door Restaurant.
It is incredible. It is pay by weight. So you take what you want and then pay by weight.