PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Use Evening Primrose?

Meikmeik
Jun 6th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Hello Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone uses evening primrose? Have any benefits occurred? Where can I find it vegan versions? The capsules are all animal-based.

Thanks,
Meikmeik

Mr Flibble
Jun 6th, 2006, 02:14 PM
In the UK vegetarian/vegan evening primrose capsules are very easy to find. A quick search in the US reveals quite a few results for mail order companies such as this (http://www.evitamins.com/product.asp?pid=1153).

ravenfire
Jun 6th, 2006, 10:33 PM
If you have any metaphysical shops near you, you could check to see if they have it loose.

Meikmeik
Jun 7th, 2006, 02:03 PM
I currently went to an herb shop that had the oil and I purchased that but I have no idea how to use it.. I'm not the best with just drinking the oil by itself..

any suggestions?

Thanks,
Meikmeik

ravenfire
Jun 7th, 2006, 10:48 PM
I currently went to an herb shop that had the oil and I purchased that but I have no idea how to use it.. I'm not the best with just drinking the oil by itself..
any suggestions?
Thanks,
Meikmeik

When I looked it up, the bottle I found said to massage it directly into your skin or take 1/8 tsp orally. And 1/8 tsp equals 500mg. As for getting it down, maybe put it in some juice or a smoothie?

DoveInGreyClothing
Jun 11th, 2006, 01:32 PM
I recently got Vertese evening primrose capsules from Holland and Barret which I'm hoping help my PMS a bit... no change so far after a month in moods but my cramps aren't quite so severe.