PDA

View Full Version : Horderves

Polly P
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:41 PM
Hey guys! I'm new here (well, I've been lurking the boards for a couple months now) but now I think I need your help.

I'm going to a reunion of my close high school friends now that our first year of college is over and I need to bring some finger foods/horderves/snacks that are vegan. I don't want to make a big deal about the fact that they are vegan, I just want everyone to enjoy them.

If you guys have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Cloudy
Jun 13th, 2006, 01:08 PM
There's a few here (http://veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8835), particularly the last 2 should give you plenty of ideas. I'd personally take some Indian stuff too, bhajis, samosas, pakoras...

the_marmite_kid
Jun 15th, 2006, 07:07 PM
bruchetta makes a nice nibble, its easy to make, is tasty and isnt overly vegan i.e. tofu and lentils

Wildflower
Jun 18th, 2006, 10:26 PM
chips and salsa

guacamole and chips

hummus and pita bread and raw veggies

nice bread with flavored dipping oils

black bean and salsa dip for chips

you could also bring a couscous salad or some other type of salad, pasta salad, etc. that way you will have a main dish to eat and others will still snack on it.

I personally always do these things and guacamole and chips is a favorite of most my friends. there are a few weirdos who don't like guac, but for the most part people do. I can share my simple recipe if you don't have one you like.

oh, i have also seen people bring these marinated pretzels that are good, but I don't have a recipe. they are basically pretzels coated in butter flavored oil (popcorn popping oil - yes, this is pretty healthy) and dried garlic powder, onion powder, dill, and i think ranch dressing mix (not sure if that is vegan, some brands may be). you can also use some lemon...and then i think you bake them in the oven to make everything stick. very yummy.

Tigerlily
Jun 19th, 2006, 12:14 AM
Fancy olives and pickles. :)

Veggies and dip! Google around for a mayo dip or cream cheese dip, and subsitute vegan mayo or cream cheese. No one will know!

Polly P
Jun 19th, 2006, 02:10 AM
Thanks guys! I'm finding it lots of fun just to mess around with recipes and see what comes out.