PDA

View Full Version : Vegan podiatry promoted at last!

Hemlock
Jun 15th, 2006, 02:03 PM
I'm about to set up my business "Andred Podiatry" which will be as vegan as I can possibly make it, I'll be using herbal foot creams etc and will have leaflets listing all the vegan shoe stores and so on that I can find. I'll be building it up slowly over the next 2 years as I'll also be working for the NHS to gain valuable experience. I'll mainly be doing biomechanical assessments, foot surgery, prescribing orthotics and working in conjunction with a local herbalist to treat common foot problems. Anyhow all that is yet to come.

The good news is I have persuaded the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists that we are all behind the times in not promoting vegan/vegetarian products and that this is a growing area that cannot be ignored. They have asked me to do a write up on their website:
http://www.feetforlife.org/
which I will be researching and doing over the next few weeks and adding to as I find new products. Initially it will feature shoes suitable for podiatric patients. So look out for it in a few weeks time!
I am featuring three vegan shoe stores to start off with who I think fit the criteria, I am just waiting for them to send me further details.

I have had a great deal of trouble finding children's shoes in width fittings, so if anyone knows where vegan childrens shoes can be found in width fittings please let me know.

wilson
Jun 15th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Much respect Hemlock, it's great you're doing all this. :)

vegan1969
Jun 15th, 2006, 02:46 PM
too cool and much needed!! let us know when you finish the article and link us so we can read it, I want to.......

kriz
Jun 15th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Yay, another vegan business!:) I got one myself, and I love the opportunity to offer vegan products. The best of luck to you, Hemlock!

RedWellies
Jun 15th, 2006, 03:49 PM
That's great Hemlock! Good luck with it all....hey, you might end up famous and we can all say we "know" you!! :D

feral
Jun 15th, 2006, 04:01 PM
That's brilliant Hemlock, power to your elbow girl.

VeganJohn
Jun 15th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Best wishes from me with your business venture. I hope it is a great success!!

Having more good quality vegan shoes such as the fantastic 'Vegetarian Shoes' range more readily available in high street stores would be excellent.

I had a strange rash develop on my feet last summer, possibly to do with heat/sweat. I found using witchhazel very effective and the problem disappeared. Having good quality 'breathable' shoes (not plastic!) is so important, especially with children's feet.

DianeVegan
Jun 16th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Good for you, Hemlock!!! Keep us posted about your progress please.:)