PDA

View Full Version : Post Punk Kitchen, any fans?

Pages : [1] 2

Cloudy
May 1st, 2004, 12:49 PM
http://www.theppk.com/recipes/

cedarblue
May 1st, 2004, 05:21 PM
mmmmm those chewy choc choc chip cookies look good :)

Cloudy
Jun 1st, 2004, 05:42 PM
Tried their coffee cake at the weekend, very nice. Although oddly it doesn't call for any coffee. Must be an American thing ;)

Aristarchus
Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:56 AM
Tehe! Coffee cake is generally a sweet quick bread that we serve with coffee. Sometimes it is a bit fancier then a quick bread. It is somewhat like a teacake--no tea in those but good alongside of a pot.

Cheers!

Cloudy
Jun 3rd, 2004, 11:13 AM
Tehe! Coffee cake is generally a sweet quick bread that we serve with coffee. Sometimes it is a bit fancier then a quick bread. It is somewhat like a teacake--no tea in those but good alongside of a pot.

Cheers!

Aha. Should it be made the same shape as bread then? Eating some right now with me coffee, really has a great texture to it. Those girls done good.

Artichoke47
Jun 11th, 2004, 05:35 PM
http://www.theppk.com/recipes/

Thank you for the link. I've been looking for a cornbread recipe, and this is actually the first I've found, despite the fact that I have 11 cookbooks!

mattd
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:03 AM
how it all vegan has a good sweet potato cornbread recipe (you can't really taste the sweet potato in it, so i'm guessing that its there more as a binder). plus tons of other kick ass recipes. i'd consider it an essential vegan cookbook.

Sofia
Jul 24th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Yeah, these girls are great!!!
I've made the "Chewy Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies" 3 times already (and trust me, you get enough in one recipe already!).
You need to get used to the special taste at first (not sure if it's the canola oil or the flax seeds), but then you become addicted!
But watch out though, they're wonderful, but FAR from low calories!!! ;)

TheFirstBus
Jul 24th, 2004, 09:31 PM
You would not believe how hard it is to find soygurt in dawson creek.

korova
Aug 1st, 2004, 03:11 PM
i'm going to try the vegan sushi, thanks for the link!

cast_the_flames
Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:57 AM
i just tried the cornbread recipe. pretty good, although it tastes quite polenta-ish. i'd like to try it with some pieces of fresh corn, and maybe put it in a muffin tin.

Tigerlily
May 9th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Their website is www.theppk.com and now Google Video has a few of their episodes up online. Yay! Finally a cooking show where you don't have to go "Eeeew" or "Jeez, I wonder what I can replace that with...?".

Watch the videos:
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=post+punk+kitchen

:)

Hemlock
May 10th, 2006, 12:07 AM
I was astounded and amazed! from what I remember about punk, punks mostly ate heroin, hash cakes and greasy fry ups from the local truck cafe:)

ravenfire
May 10th, 2006, 12:49 AM
Those are great thanks!!

I tried vegan sushi for the first time the other night and couldn't eat it. The nori smelled and tasted way too fishy, is that normal? I only ate sushi twice when I was an omni and didn't care for the fishiness of it. I thought vegan sushi would be much better but I still can't get past the fishiness of the nori.

xwitchymagicx
May 10th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Cool...I'll watch those later. :)

DianeVegan
May 10th, 2006, 02:12 AM
Thanks for the link, Tigerlily. I have her book and there are some really good recipes in it.

Tigerlily
May 10th, 2006, 02:16 AM
I was astounded and amazed! from what I remember about punk, punks mostly ate heroin, hash cakes and greasy fry ups from the local truck cafe:)

Ahh, but Hemlock, it's Post Punk. ;)

Ravenfire, nori comes from the sea, so it would have an ocean-y taste, I guess. I never noticed, actually.

Jane M
May 10th, 2006, 02:46 AM
Thanks, Tigerlilly! These were great! I love her recipes too!:p

Tigerlily
May 10th, 2006, 02:47 AM
:) I like being able to watch how it's made. I could read a recipe a million times but still find it difficult to follow. I think that's what's holding me back from trying new foods, I can't seem to get grasp of a lot of recipes. :o

Jane M
May 10th, 2006, 02:51 AM
Yeah, it really helped me to see the tamales made too! I mean written directions are one thing but....

Tigerlily
May 10th, 2006, 03:20 AM
:) I never understood the whole sushi rolling thing either, but now I get it!

Bluey
May 10th, 2006, 03:31 AM
Fantastic link thanks!! :D

Jane M
May 10th, 2006, 03:34 AM
Did you see that you can watch their show online? It's on Saturdays at 1pm channel 67 on this link

http://www.mnn.org/

ummm does any one know what time 1pm NY time is elsewhere...like EST???

Tigerlily
May 10th, 2006, 03:34 AM
:) I have a mini crush on Terry now. :p

Tigerlily
May 10th, 2006, 03:35 AM
Did you see that you can watch their show online? It's on Saturdays at 1pm channel 67 on this link

http://www.mnn.org/

ummm does any one know what time 1pm NY time is elsewhere...like EST???

Wow, great!!

New York uses EST. So 1 pm New York time is 1 pm EST.