PDA

View Full Version : Dates - Love em or Hate em???

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Limey
Jun 27th, 2006, 04:15 AM
That's it, I refuse to convert.

Limey
Jun 27th, 2006, 04:16 AM
2 pages dedicated to the love and hate of dates. I bet they've never gotten this much attention before. Except for when Stickydate chows down on them.
She's a Dirrty Dater.

Juice
Jun 27th, 2006, 04:19 AM
So does cooked brown/green lentils, but no one complains. :p.

that's why I add carrots to mine, put it over rice, and make sure I don't serve it from a white bowl.

Mystic
Jun 27th, 2006, 04:22 AM
I like dates stuffed with walnuts.

Yes!!! They are good. And dates stuffed with macadamia butter.

And yes, I am a dirrty dater

Wishin986
Jun 27th, 2006, 05:13 AM
I love dates. especially stuffed w. cashew nut butter. but my holistic health nutritionist said I shouldnt have them.. or cashews or most nuts for that matter and most sweet fruits sooo I try and limit them but dates still hold a special place in my heart!

claireyveg
Jun 27th, 2006, 05:15 AM
Dates are officially my favourite food in the world, I am the only person in my family who likes them but i don't care because in my opinion dates are better then chocolate!! :D esspecially date and coconut rolls from the health food shop...mmmm

Limey
Jun 27th, 2006, 05:16 AM
*hurls*

tipsy
Jun 27th, 2006, 05:27 AM
at first, when i saw the title of the thread, i was thinking dates... like going out on a date....

in that case, i HATE THEM!!:mad:

i would rather be run over by a truck.

i prefer social (group) outings as a way to get to know someone.

just in case yall care.

oh, btw... i dont like dates the fruit, either. they're too sweet. i guess i like them soaked & mixed in things, but cant handle that much sugar too often.

assilembob
Jun 27th, 2006, 08:19 AM
hmm...I am eating a bunch of dates right now. funny that I see this thread just as I pop one in my mouth.

LOVE THEM!!

Live for them.

Yum.

Convert Talia...you know you wanna.

Imapeach
Jun 27th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Where on earth (or specifically in australia) do you get these stuffed dates? They sound soooo good!

I'm a pitted date fanatic myself.

assilembob
Jun 27th, 2006, 09:28 AM
I just make mine. But I perfer them straight up...although the coconut roll ones are to die for.

Conrad
Jun 27th, 2006, 09:33 AM
the natural food co-op in phoenix has 6 or so varieties of dates when they are in season, mmmm fresh dates they melt in your mouth and your hands
there's a persian grocery in north vancouver that has a good selection of fresh dates from the middle east too they come in cool boxes with arabic written all over them

sugarmouse
Jun 27th, 2006, 09:36 AM
I havent had one since I was a kid and my nana used to get them at xmas.I liked them then.
I am not sure i would now, those macadamia ones sound good though!

Originally Posted by Tigerlily
I'm sure your bowels got a shock as well.

what does that mean?ar dates renowned for that?!lol i didnt know.

Kitiara
Jun 27th, 2006, 10:14 AM
I like dates but Im not fussed if I dont eat them.

claireyveg
Jun 27th, 2006, 12:20 PM
imapeach, im in Melbourne and i get date coconut rolls, and there is also date and almond rolls available at mot health food shops, i personally prefer the unpitted dates because they're gooeyer, lol, definately keep an eye out for the coconut rolls *drool* :D

Limey
Jun 27th, 2006, 03:29 PM
You all are a bunch of datin' freaks.

:D

Cherry
Jun 27th, 2006, 03:33 PM
I've always been very suspicious of dates.

Limey
Jun 27th, 2006, 03:44 PM
As you should, Cherry. There is something so wrong about them. Especially incorporating them into something else. I don't like that - that's sneaky. :mad:

Cherry
Jun 27th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Especially incorporating them into something else?......hmmmm.............:o :o

Well, ok, I do like them in sticky toffee pudding. I ate one that wasn't in sticky toffee pudding for the first time recently, and it was ok, but I don't think I'll be repeating that regularly. I'm too suspicious.

Limey
Jun 27th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Stay suspicious, it's the best thing you can do for yourself in this world of date freaks.

Juice
Jun 27th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Speed dating makes me choke.

Limey
Jun 27th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Heh again. :)

RedWellies
Jun 27th, 2006, 05:29 PM
How come this thread is in the "poll" section but there is no poll?

Anyway, dates...it's funny, I don't like them much unless they are in a cake! Then I love them!

Limey
Jun 27th, 2006, 05:34 PM
How come this thread is in the "poll" section but there is no poll?
Stickydate is ill. She can't be held accountable for anything, even her perverse love for dates.

Juice
Jun 27th, 2006, 05:45 PM
I hope her burning issue has been resolved. :o