PDA

View Full Version : Dates - Love em or Hate em???

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Limey
Jun 27th, 2006, 05:49 PM
I now equate dates with the other, hideously gross "D" word.

Ew.

Double ew.

Oh yeah and I hope she feels better, too.

Roxy
Jun 27th, 2006, 05:59 PM
I like Medjool dates stuffed with Macadamia butter :D

A couple of months ago I also chopped some up and baked them into a banana bread recipe. Mmmmmm - they went gooey and sticky and some went a little bit crunchy from the sugar. YUM!!!

Limey
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Ewwww. I hate chewy things being snuck in with regular, normal, good food. Namely bread. Raisins and dates need to be left alone.

Gorilla
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:14 PM
i don't like dates. i don't like sweet food much at all any more, unless i'm really in the mood for something. i get especially disappointed by vegan cakes that are supposed to be chocolatey and turn out to be mostly dates. :p

p.s. get well soon stickydate!

Limey
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:18 PM
i get especially disappointed by vegan cakes that are supposed to be chocolatey and turn out to be mostly dates. :p
:eek::eek::eek: Oh the horror! Since when do dates replace chocolate?!?! Blasphemy if I ever heard it. :mad:

Juice
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:24 PM
:eek::eek::eek: Oh the horror! Since when do dates replace chocolate?!?! Blasphemy if I ever heard it. :mad:
yeah, that's just not right. the two don't even compare.

Gorilla
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:36 PM
i've had quite a few vegan 'chocolate' cakes where the people making them have used loads of dates, presumably to help bind them. it's just not on is it :eek: ;)

Enchantress
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:39 PM
That is wrong :(, and I like dates. There's no dates in my choccy cake :cool:.

Limey
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:51 PM
You're a good woman, Enchantress.

Tigerlily
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:52 PM
I think that would taste good. Or dates in a vanilla cake, yum!

Mystic
Jun 27th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Thanks Gorilla - I am feeling better today :)

Mmmm I love dates in bread - date and walnut bread, banana date bread mmmmm. I LOVE sticky date pudding, but I agree that dates in chocolate cake is wrong. My choccy cake is dateless too :cool: :)

sugarmouse
Jun 28th, 2006, 12:36 AM
[QUOTE=Gorilla]i don't like dates. i don't like sweet food much at all any more, unless i'm really in the mood for something. i get especially disappointed by vegan cakes that are supposed to be chocolatey and turn out to be mostly dates. :p

is it since you have gone vegan gorilla or just for no apparent reason?i thin kmy sweet tooth has gone a lot since i have been vegan.I dont know why at all!

Tigerlily
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:31 AM
Mine too Sugarmouse!

Limey
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:51 AM
I hope this happens to me. Probably means I should stop buying vegan sweets.

Tigerlily
Jun 28th, 2006, 02:04 AM
Yeah, like I still like my sugary tea and hot chocolate or the odd treat, but it's much better than it was. I think not being able to have whatever really helped. Now if I want a sweet, I have to make it myself or go out and buy it. By then, the craving has gone away.

mophoto
Jun 28th, 2006, 07:10 AM
i friggin hate madjool dates
the only reason why i ever bought them in the first place was because of this raving woman. i was a new vegan, looking for advice, and i was taken advantage of:D
so thanks for nothing:D :D

i do like date bars though...

Mystic
Jun 28th, 2006, 08:41 AM
:o
Am I the culprit?

Gorilla
Jun 28th, 2006, 11:33 AM
is it since you have gone vegan gorilla or just for no apparent reason?i thin kmy sweet tooth has gone a lot since i have been vegan.I dont know why at all!
yeah, it seems since i went vegan i like fewer sweet foods. when i was younger i used to love sweet things but now i don't eat them as often. i still like most fruit and vegan cake, ice cream etc. just not as much as i used to.

assilembob
Jun 28th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Wow. I wish I could pick up that trait...I crave sweets like mad.

Imapeach
Jun 28th, 2006, 12:06 PM
imapeach, im in Melbourne and i get date coconut rolls, and there is also date and almond rolls available at mot health food shops, i personally prefer the unpitted dates because they're gooeyer, lol, definately keep an eye out for the coconut rolls *drool* :D

added to my list of things to do when i've moved to Melb. *sigh* vegan paradise that place is....

Limey
Jun 28th, 2006, 04:09 PM
i friggin hate madjool dates
the only reason why i ever bought them in the first place was because of this raving woman. i was a new vegan, looking for advice, and i was taken advantage of:D
so thanks for nothing:D :D

i do like date bars though...
Do not make me laugh out loud at work.

:p

Tigerlily
Jun 28th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Wow. I wish I could pick up that trait...I crave sweets like mad.

I forgot to mention that my sweet cravings got replaced with fat and salt cravings (chips, crackers, french fries, white bread, etc). :rolleyes:

mophoto
Jun 28th, 2006, 06:17 PM
:o
Am I the culprit?

of course!! at least i got to try something new

date farmers everywhere should pay you for your fine job of promoting... hmm unless they aleady do:)

catalina
Jun 28th, 2006, 06:38 PM
I love dates in date maamoul. I've been able to find some made with vegetable ghee instead of butter at Selfridge's.

Limey
Jun 28th, 2006, 06:44 PM
I love dates in date maamoul. I've been able to find some made with vegetable ghee instead of butter at Selfridge's.
I only understood 18 out of 21 of those words.