PDA

View Full Version : What should I drink now?

BluEyze
Jun 27th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Hey people,
Here's the ordeal; all my life I've been drinking cordials, mum's been buying me Robinson's although most of the time we get like an own-brand or something. Anyway, I've noticed that both the own-brand and Robinsons have got Beta-Carotene in them, I just presumed them to be vegan, but they're not even Vegetarian are they?! Have I been drinking Fish Gelatine because I know that in Coca-Cola fish gelatine is apparently used to "carry" the beta-carotene colour. Am I right? I'm just about to go shopping, I dunno what to buy to drink!
~Jay

RedWellies
Jun 27th, 2006, 05:15 PM
I'm not 100% sure but I don't think gelatine is always used with beta-carotene. You would need to ask the manufacturers.

As for drinks, you could buy fruit juices and water them down if you drink a lot, drink water (good and healthy!!), most supermarkets make canned drinks which are vegan, not always very healthy for you though! Surely some cordials don't have beta-carotene in them?

BluEyze
Jun 27th, 2006, 05:21 PM
I think I'll buy fruit juices, I like them, I just hope my mum doesn't complain about the price if they work out more expensive than buying cordials. I'll hunt through them before I go to the frozen section (I could be there a while, lol). I'll buy one of them big packs of bottled water. Our water is kinda nasty here so I don't particularly like the tap water on its own. Don't wanna be a snob or anything...
Thanks for your advice though. Robinsons are expensive anyway, I'll be happy to drop them.
Off shopping now!
~Jay