PDA

View Full Version : Omega-3: Vegan DHA / EPA

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12

Fuhzy
Apr 17th, 2008, 06:30 PM
!= does mean 'is not equal' but it's mostly used for programming languages, so some may not know about it.

I had never seen =/= before. I thought maybe it was an odd way of doing >= hah

maikeru
Apr 18th, 2008, 12:10 AM
The not equals sign is ≠ so it was just a way of recreating it using the regular characters on a keyboard.

Michael.

vegan
Apr 18th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Oh, okay.

Wildflower
May 19th, 2008, 07:04 PM
I just ordered the Vpure directly from the water4.net website.

Does anyone know how long it is going to take to show up to the USA?

It had no info on shipping times, and seems to be coming from Switzerland. Does that mean I may get it in a few months? :confused:

I did the Buy 3 for 2 deal as other mentioned...it's still running.

Thanks,

Wildflower

vegandog
May 19th, 2008, 07:12 PM
I emailed them about the shipping and they said 7 - 10 days to the USA, sometimes a bit longer.

I also asked if there's any concern about having them shipped during the warm weather and I got two different replies:

"There shouldn't be any issues with it being sent during the hot weather. Its pretty stable."

"No problem to ship to anywhere in the USA and secondly our product is better warm than cold. Whilst we do not advocate higher temperatures for too long as the capsules can degrade they are perfectly physically stable as long as not exposed to strong light. It is severe cold that should be avoided as the capsules can sometimes become brittle and crack.

However I looked briefly at the environmental conditions where you on the web and I think you would be fine."

Wildflower
May 19th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Hey - thanks for the quick response!

That's awesome - I can wait a few weeks...just didn't want to wait for MONTHS. :)

So are you taking them and feeling any difference in anything?

veganwitch
May 20th, 2008, 03:43 AM

It had no info on shipping times, and seems to be coming from Switzerland. Does that mean I may get it in a few months? :confused:

Thanks,

Wildflower

OMG...Wildflower!! How good to see you back on here :) I was wondering what happened to you. I hope all is well.

I don't remember exactly how long it took me to get the Vpure but it was much quicker than I expected. No longer than a couple of weeks.

I really like the Vpure. Since I started taking it I've been clearer-headed, less depressed, and had a better memory. Of course, the past week or two I've been slipping and only taking it once a day or so....I feel like my brain is turning to mush again :rolleyes:

vegandog
May 21st, 2008, 12:12 AM
I only took a one-month's supply that I got from veganstore.com. I can't say that I felt any differently while taking them, but I don't know that a month is long enough to see "results." If I was smart, I would have re-ordered so they'd come in time before my supply ran out, but I waited until I ran out, so now it will be a couple weeks that I haven't taken them by the time my package comes from Switzerland. Hopefully, now that I'll be able to take them three month's straight, I'll have a better idea of whether they're helping.

Wildflower
May 21st, 2008, 02:27 PM
thanks for the feedback guys!

Good to see you veganwitch...:)

I've actually had a hard year but I am starting to be OK again.

So you have seen improvement in your mood? I am hoping it will help me with my anxiety/situational depression. Just trying to get as healthy as possible and take great care of myself!

:D

veganwitch
May 22nd, 2008, 04:32 AM
Wildflower, I'm sorry to hear you've been having a bad time of it. I hope things continue to turn around for you.

I've definitely noticed a change in mood. I feel more positive and less "gloom and doom". I also find I'm not wanting to isolate myself as much . I hadn't even been to the forum for a long time b/c I just didn't have it in me to make the effort. Maybe it's just coincidence, idk. I sporadically drink st. john's wort tea, tension tamer tea , kava stress relief, and calming tea but I really doubt my infrequent use has a big effect.

The only other changes I've made are taking V-pure and Vit D2. I think I started to feel better even before the V-pure but I do feel that it helps keep my outlook better and I plan to keep taking it. I have no doubt that V-pure is solely responsible for my better memory and less muddled mind.

I'm also trying to tell myself that even if I can't change things that happen I can still change the way I react. (Easier said than done.) I think Nietzsche said "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" so that's how I'm trying to look at things too.

I hope you see some positive changes with the V-pure.

Wildflower
Jun 8th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Thank you veganwitch. :D

It still hasn't come and it's been quite a few weeks. :confused: Hopefully I will get it next week.

That's great it is helping you feel less anxiety about wanting to go out and do things and you feel less isolated.

I'll send ya a pm about me!

ps - I took a whole Nietzsche class in college - yes that was him. :) I think, philisophically speaking, that for some people certain situations do make them stronger...but you have to have a predisposition or attitude or something underlying that to have that happen. I am glad you do!

I have just known too many people who let bad things get them down and end up hating the world and everyone in it to think that bad or difficult things alone make you stronger. And I know people who have had awful things happen to them and they stay the strong happy people they always were...

Something I've given a lot of thought too lately, can ya tell? ;)

veganwitch
Jun 8th, 2008, 10:00 PM
It still hasn't come and it's been quite a few weeks. Hopefully I will get it next week.

:eek: oh dear, I hope it arrives soon! I ordered my first bottle from Pangea which I got in a couple of days but then I decided to order directly from the company b/c they had the 3 for 2 deal.

I'll send ya a pm about me!

I'm looking forward to it! :)

I would LOVE to take a Nietzsche class! Right now I'm trying to self-educate. I seem to be finding it easier to buy the books than finding the time to read them though :rolleyes:

I have just known too many people who let bad things get them down and end up hating the world and everyone in it to think that bad or difficult things alone make you stronger. And I know people who have had awful things happen to them and they stay the strong happy people they always were...

Something I've given a lot of thought too lately, can ya tell? ;)

Same here, I am constantly thinking about these things and looking for answers/reasons for why things happen. Thanks for saying I have the right attitude. I often wonder. It's still a struggle for me not to let bad times/worries get the better of me. But I guess the fact that I am still here and still questioning counts for something.

I forgot to say that I cut drastically down on my caffeine intake. Probably by 90-95%. This coincided with starting v-pure so I am thinking less caffiene may have had an impact. Over the past week or two though I am starting to ease back into caffeine. I realize I don't need it, I just like it.
:o

Wildflower
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:33 PM

Thanks,

Wildflower

Wel...I just got this email RE: My order on May 19th: :confused:

Dear customer,

Firstly my apologies for this impersonal email but we wanted to be able to inform each and every customer who has recently ordered V Pure as soon as possible about an unfortunate delay in delivery of there order.

We have been supplying all of our V Pure capsules to clients direct from Switzerland where they are currently manufactured. Due to contractual issues with the shipment service provider this service has been interrupted resulting in a delay to all recent orders. Goods are in the process of being relocated to a new service provider and are expected to be shipped to you at the start of next week; that is week commencing 16th June.

We apologize wholeheartedly for this delay and by way of compensation for the delay we propose to send an extra free months supply of capsules by way of apology.

Our sincere apologies I hope this delay will not dampen your continued support of our business and enjoyment of V Pure omega 3 capsules.

Sincerely,
All at Water 4

Water 4 Investment

I guess it is good they emailed me to let me know, and sounds like they might (they propose? I want to take them up on their proposal!) give me a free month's supply.

Wildflower
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Same here, I am constantly thinking about these things and looking for answers/reasons for why things happen. Thanks for saying I have the right attitude. I often wonder. It's still a struggle for me not to let bad times/worries get the better of me. But I guess the fact that I am still here and still questioning counts for something.

I understand what you mean. I think you do have the right attitude though...bad times are part of life too, ya know? It always helps to question things and try to learn more than just concede and decide life is awful and not worth the effort of trying to change anything.

I forgot to say that I cut drastically down on my caffeine intake. Probably by 90-95%. This coincided with starting v-pure so I am thinking less caffiene may have had an impact. Over the past week or two though I am starting to ease back into caffeine. I realize I don't need it, I just like it.
:o

Yeah, I keep thinking I need to do this, but I am always so tired without coffee. I don't think I consume too much caffeine - I have some coffee (about 2- 3 measuring cups full) in the early AM (between 5-7 am) and sometimes have yogi tea before bed. I should probably try to cut back, but I really like coffee and chai!

Wildflower
Jun 17th, 2008, 04:14 PM
:confused: Still no Vpure! :confused:

whalespace
Jun 17th, 2008, 08:00 PM
I got the message about the shipment service providers too. Hay hoe, must wait for a while. Generous of V pure to mention a free tub.

Wildflower
Jun 17th, 2008, 08:36 PM
I got the message about the shipment service providers too. Hay hoe, must wait for a while. Generous of V pure to mention a free tub.

Yes - it was! :D I wrote back telling them I would like their free tub and have heard good things about their product...not sure if it is a monitored email box, but I figured it didn't hurt.

:)

whalespace
Jun 25th, 2008, 04:33 PM
V-pure is reportedly back in control of shipments of their product.

Wildflower
Jul 2nd, 2008, 04:50 PM
I finally got my vPure yesterday!

woohooo...4 for the price of 1. In my reading, it seems most doctors recommend a lot more than what vPure considers the daily dosage (daily is 3 pills = EPA 75, DHA 270). Anyone take more than the 3 a day? or am I reading that wrong and each pill contains that? It says 3 above it...

whalespace
Jul 2nd, 2008, 08:20 PM
I got an 'apology' tub aswell.
I took the stated dose for a year or so... now I take 6 capsules each day, unless the supply is interrupted. I'd probably use more if I could afford it... but I feel ok.
I can still eat all of the other EFA foods, and cut out 'negative' things.

veganwitch
Jul 3rd, 2008, 12:24 AM
since I've been on vacation the past couple of weeks I've only been taking 2 v-pure a day at most, but I am still feeling all the positive effects I attribute to them.

so glad you finally got yours Wildflower!

veganwitch
Jul 3rd, 2008, 12:29 AM
I understand what you mean. I think you do have the right attitude though...bad times are part of life too, ya know? It always helps to question things and try to learn more than just concede and decide life is awful and not worth the effort of trying to change anything.
Yeah, I keep thinking I need to do this, but I am always so tired without coffee. I don't think I consume too much caffeine - I have some coffee (about 2- 3 measuring cups full) in the early AM (between 5-7 am) and sometimes have yogi tea before bed. I should probably try to cut back, but I really like coffee and chai!

Thanks Wildflower...you make a lot of sense.

As far as the caffeine goes, it doesn't sound like too much to me. But then I drank way more than that..haha! Right now I am trying to limit myself to one-two cups of caffeinated tea a day. I've tried to live w/out both caffeine and sugar at some point and decided I just don't want to live with out them.
Eh...I figure there are way worse vices than that.

hippie4lyfe
Aug 1st, 2008, 08:24 PM
I wanted to buy the vegan EPA/DHA from water4.net but apparently they don't sell within the states. I don't know if the only way to get it is by ordering it online.

Right now I am taking a vegan DHA by DEVA and i like it and feel better
http://www.devanutrition.com/vegan_dha_softgels.html

veganwitch
Mar 28th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Has anyone noticed that V-Pure has changed a bit? I was just placing a new order and noticed that now instead of 90 capsules there are only 60. And they are recommending 2 a day instead of 3 a day. The amount of DHA has been increased but EPA decreased. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this. I need to order more but changes always throw me for a loop.

Do you keep your V-Pure refrigerated? I just noticed on the bottle that is says to but I never have. Maybe all this time I've been using ineffective/bad vpure.
Grrrrr.

harpy
Mar 29th, 2009, 12:09 AM
I have put the latest ones in the fridge - like you I don't remember seeing that instruction on the ones I've ordered in the past.