PDA

View Full Version : test the nation , needs you !!!

Pages : [1] 2

veggiewoman
Jul 7th, 2006, 05:38 PM
I saw this on another forum board :
maybe we could take it over so tehy call it the vegan team lol
Hi, I have been asked to post this on other sites by the vegetarian Society. I am a local Rep for them.

Hi,

I am contacting you on behalf of Talent Television who are currently making the next Test the Nation show for the BBC, which you may have seen before. The show is a two hour live general knowledge event hosted by Anne Robinson and Phillip Schofield.

This time around we will be testing the nation on IQ. In the studio we have six teams consisting of 40 people who all share their profession, a hobby or a certain characteristic. We also have a team of celebrities who also try their hand at testing their knowledge.

For this show we are putting together a team of 40 VEGETARIANS. Would it be possible to pass this information on to members of the Vegetarian Society to see if they would like to take part? Perhaps you may have some members in mind that are quite well known (although anyone can apply). As it is an IQ test, it would be great to include people that have a very high IQ, so that we could argue that a vegetarian diet is great brain food!

If anyone is interested in applying they need to contact me as soon as possible for an application form. They can do this either by emailing me at Rosie.Gratton@talenttv.com or by calling on: 0207 421 7830

The programme is going out live on Saturday 2nd September 2006 from a studio in London. We pay all travel expenses and feed and water our participants throughout the day. It's an excellent chance to gather 40 people with the same interest together for what should be a great experience. Thank you in advance for any help that you may be able to offer me in my search for Vegetarians!

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the very best,

Rosie Gratton

Researcher | Test The Nation - BBC1
Lion House | 72 - 75 Red Lion Street | London | WC1R 4NA
Tel: 020 7421 7833 | Fax: 020 7421 7811

tilly
Jul 7th, 2006, 05:42 PM
If vegetarians were really smart, then they'd be vegans ;)

Stu
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:34 PM
I'd quite like to do this! I think I'm gonna e-mither the lady.

Stu
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Done! Anyone else up for it?

sugarmouse
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:58 PM
I would apply but I am thick:(

scruffyhead
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:25 PM
I would apply but I am thick:(

Thats why your doing a masters is it!? :p

scruffyhead
Jul 7th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Done! Anyone else up for it?

What 15 minutes of fame :D

Stu
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:05 PM
I just thought it would be fun.

Lilac Hamster
Jul 7th, 2006, 11:19 PM
I'm seriously thinking about it, I've got the form in an attachment from Rosie, but have not sent it back yet.

Lesley

Limey
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:41 AM
Yeah, it'd probably help if I lived over there.

sugarmouse
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:40 AM
Thats why your doing a masters is it!? :p

should i then?I kinda want to apply...

scruffyhead
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:20 AM
should i then?I kinda want to apply...

Yes! apply :)

@ stu go for it mate :)

Tray
Jul 8th, 2006, 10:13 AM
"As it is an IQ test, it would be great to include people that have a very high IQ, so that we could argue that a vegetarian diet is great brain food!"

Bah, I'm the only one that finds all that stupid? If they want to make a IQ test of 2 distinct categories they have to pick up random persons and not letting choose one of the 2 categories persons with a high IQ... "high IQ vegetarians" vs "normal omnivores" only to say that vegetarians are smarter or more intelligent is a bit hypocrital isn'it? If we are really smarter (thing that i'm not really sure of, and I also don't believe you can evaluate the intelligence of a person with IQ tests, we don't need to act this way

Stu
Jul 8th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Well I was just gonna apply in order to balance things out with my incredible stupidity.

Limey
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:37 PM
That's very noble of you, Stu. I'm sure plenty of people appreciate your stupidity.

veggiewoman
Jul 21st, 2006, 09:22 PM
anybody decided to go and got a seat yet?
good luck , and lets make this the VEGAN group NOT vegetarians.:cool:

Ara
Jul 22nd, 2006, 11:13 PM
I'm going to apply, could be fun! I've just sent her an email :D

gertvegan
Sep 2nd, 2006, 04:38 PM
It is on tonight - Saturday, 2nd September at 9.25pm on BBC1.

The 40-strong vegetarian team (which includes four current members of vegetarian society staff, plus Tina Fox and her husband) will be up against the butchers; the estate agents; footballers' wives; the former public school boys; and the former state school students.

aubergine
Sep 2nd, 2006, 10:26 PM
Oh bother, I missed it :(

Risker
Sep 2nd, 2006, 11:06 PM
The results are on now sam.

Risker
Sep 2nd, 2006, 11:13 PM
Vegetarians are currently 2nd only to public school pupils.

Risker
Sep 3rd, 2006, 12:05 AM
Butchers average IQ: 105

Vegetarians average IQ: 113

Vegetarians came top.

tilly
Sep 3rd, 2006, 12:20 AM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

That pissed me off soooooooooooooooo much when that vegetarian gobbled down ice cream!

Oh yeah, I love animals, contribution to the veal industry anyone?

Yes, I know I used to be clueless too, but surely there were vegans on that team??? :mad:

sugarmouse
Sep 3rd, 2006, 04:19 PM
Imissed it!! when is it next on anyone?

Stu
Sep 3rd, 2006, 04:41 PM
So vegetarians won then?