• All

Archeologists recently unearthed a burial site in Turkey containing the bodies of 60 Roman gladiators.

Tests to their remains led researchers to conclude that the gladiators all ate an exclusively-plant-based ...

From http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/ear...vernment.html:

It would help tackle the problem of climate change if people ate less meat, according to a Government agency.
    A leaked email to a vegetarian campaign group from an Environment Agency official expresses sympathy with the environmental benefits of a vegan diet, which bans dairy products and fish.

The agency also says the Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) is considering recommending eating less meat as one of the "key environmental behaviour changes" needed to save the planet.
    It says that this change would have to be introduced "gently" because of "the risk of alienating the public".
    David Miliband, the Environment Secretary, has raised the issue that farm animals are blamed for producing large amounts of the powerful greenhouse gas, methane, and told farmers they need to do something about it but the agency's response appears to go further than official advice.

Olympic gold medal winner Carl Lewis describes how his best athletic performances came after he eliminated all animal products ...
    1. Categories:
    2. Protein

Robert Cheeke, president of Vegan Bodybuilding and Fitness, on getting protein on a vegan diet.

Why did you decide to write Pregnancy, Children, and the Vegan DietVegan Diet?
    As vegan nutrition more and more became the center of my medical practice in the late 1980's, I was encountering women in my medical practice who were in their early stages of pregnancy and who had many nutritional questions. Virtually all of them were receiving adverse messages from friends and family about the potential inadequacy of a vegan diet for them and their developing child, and they were seeking reassurance that a vegan diet could sustain a healthy pregnancy and nourish the developing fetus. Fortunately, since a vegan diet seems to fulfill the nutritional needs of both mother and infant in an excellent manner, I was able to point out reassuring nutritional realities and guidelines, first as a brief handout, which eventually became expanded into Pregnancy, Children, and the Vegan Diet.

Continued here: http://www.vegfamily.com/interviews/michael-klaper.htm

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11