Thread: Glaceau vitamin water

Default Glaceau vitamin water

I am in love with this vitamin water, it's so refreshing and it's easier to drink than plain water. However, it lists taurine and several vitamins (B12, etc) as ingredients. Are these always animal derived? I can't imagine putting animal ingredients in WATER! I'm still learning about where everything comes from, so I'm a little dumb on this subject.

Default Re: Glaceau vitamin water

taurine can be synthetically (vegan) derived. However, why on earth would you want to drink water full of crap?! Surely it's far better for your body to just drink normal water? If you're worried about your vitamin intake and aren't interested in varying your diet better then pills that are explicitaly labelled and designed for vegans are far more effective.
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

I'm not drinking the water for the vitamin source (although it's somewhat of an added bonus), I like it because of the taste. Flavored water helps me get some of my water intake because plain water is hard for me to drink for some reason. I need flavor. For instance, the flavor I'm drinking right now, power-c dragonfruit, it has 250% of my daily Vitamin C requirement per bottle, 50% of my B3, 50% of my B6, 50% of my B12, 25% Zinc, 25% Chromium. Maybe this isn't the best way for me to get my vitamins but I do take pill supplements. I just wanted to know if these vitamins were animal derived, that's all.

cvC

Quote sarahblue
    Flavored water helps me get some of my water intake because plain water is hard for me to drink for some reason.
    Do you mean that you find mineral water hard to drink? If so, then you might like to try some spring water instead. This is from a fasting site:

"The perceived value of mineral water is misleading because the inorganic minerals are like huge boulders to the cellular membranes, making them impossible to assimilate. Plants are able to break down the minerals from the soils, allowing them to be completely absorbable to the cells of the body."

http://www.freedomyou.com/fasting_bo...%20fasting.htm

If it's plain water, I can't hardly drink it. Distilled, spring, mineral, I have no idea why, the only time I can bear is when I'm hot and dehydrated. That's why I love this vitamin water, but I'm concerned about where the vitamins and supplements come from.

HI Sarablue,
    I don't know the answer to your question but if you go to the glaceau website they have an email address where you can ask them for information about the ingredients.

I like the fruit water and vitamin water too.

I don't think it has a lot of sugar - the fruit water only has like 15 calories for the whole bottle.

I think it may be marked animal free? I thought i read that or heard that somewhere...

I just bought some before my sand volleyball match tonight, because it was on sale for half off. It tasted pretty good (grape flavor).

Limey

I used to love the vitamin water, but stopped drinking it since it had no electrolytes. Boo.

I say if it's vegan friendly and you like it, go for it. Especially if plain water is hard for you to drink. Have you tried any other flavored waters or Propel water? That's flavored and pretty good. It's by the makers of Gatorade and that's (Gatorade) vegan, so I assume Propel is as well. But that's only an assumption. Don't take my word for it.