Thread: wwoofing down under

Smile wwoofing down under

According to today's abc-on line, Australia now has the largest number of wwoofers in the world.

(The term wwoofing stands for "willing workers on organic farms" where travellers help with farmwork in exchange for food and board.)

Australia has around 11,000 wwoofers working on 1,600 farms each year. Jordyn Rettinger, a 22-year-old from Ontario in Canada says it is a great way to see the world. "Mulching and weeding and raking and some baby sitting and food preparation. I think if more people knew about it they would definitely do it cause it's definitely a good way to save money and then you have more time to do the fun things and you only have to work three to four hours a day so it's not that bad," he said.

An acquaintance of mine takes in one or two wwoofers now and then to stay a while and work some wonders in his garden.
    Eve

Default Re: wwoofing down under

I'd love someone to work wonders with my garden but it's practically a desert out here . If I didn't have a young family I'd be off Wwoofing like a shot. I just read Earth garden and dream about it.

Is a spoon.

Awesome! I think doing something like that for say a year would be really fun and beneficial.

I've heard of this, it sounds rad. Plus you are gaining some life skills while reconnecting with nature.

One of my good friends spent six months travelling thoughout Europe wwoofing. She said it was a fantastic experience. I'd love to do it after I graduate! I'd never thought of Australia though...hmm...