Thread: Natural health community up in arms over Judge's sentencing of child to chemothe

Default Natural health community up in arms over Judge's sentencing of child to chemothe

http://www.newstarget.com/019746.html

An interesting article.

Default Re: Natural health community up in arms over Judge's sentencing of child to chemotherapy

that's awful. sometimes i'm really happy that i don't live in the us. (no offence, i know lots of great people from the states)

Default Re: Natural health community up in arms over Judge's sentencing of child to chemotherapy

Hm, sounds like they didn't have the basic freedom to make a decision about health.

I find that interesting because the United Nations can draft any 16 year old American boy or girl to go fight a war for them and to kill.

So 16 year olds are old enough to kill, but not old enough to make a medical decision. :P

That is deplorable. It is so typical that we believe that medical treatment (ie: drugs, surgery, etc.) is the end all beat all cure for everything.
    God forbid we try to heal our bodies naturally.
    You are not required to complete the task of repairing the world, neither are you free to abstain from it.
    --Pirke Avot

yeah, i saw that in the news a couple of days ago and i was so outraged and angry
    You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.
    ~John Wooden

Quote Apple_Blossem
    Hm, sounds like they didn't have the basic freedom to make a decision about health.

I find that interesting because the United Nations can draft any 16 year old American boy or girl to go fight a war for them and to kill.

So 16 year olds are old enough to kill, but not old enough to make a medical decision. :P
    I think that the reasoning behind the judge's decision is that by refusing treatment the boy is accepting death, so refusing treatment is seen as a suicidal action that can be stopped by giving him "real" treatment.
    You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.
    ~John Wooden

And I guess, there's nothing wrong with that either.

Accepting death and dealing with that peacefully, may be better than subjecting oneself to treatments that may tire you, cause you pain and that you may not even respond to.

A friend of my boyfriends recently died of liver cancer. He chose to stop having treatment because it was causing him pain, and really tiring him out. The treatment was only prolonging his life, not curing the cancer.

For him, it was easier to accept death and enjoy his last weeks and days with his family, instead of being drugged up and half asleep most of the time.

I don't have a problem with dying either. I would only have chemo now because I still have a young child and it might keep me around longer, but we're so caught up with not dying all the time and I don't see why it's a part of life - that's all. And hell. The guy could live anyway.

My grandad refused treatment for his cancer, which was very brave of him. He accepted death completely, although was a bit miffed that he was only 82.

That article does seem terrible, but we don't really know the facts (such as how far he'd got with chemo, if it was helping, what the chances are with or without chemo that he'll recover etc..) Parents don't always make the right decisions, and nor do social services by a long shot, but it's good in a way that their judgement can be questioned.

My pub landlord who's in his 50's is dying of cancer and has refused chemo, he just doesn't want all that. He says he just wants to go when his time comes without all the added suffering of medical treatment. I really admire him.
    Silent but deadly :p

i guess from a 'legal' point of view the boy is still a child and so can be 'told' what to do.

my dad is currently undergoing chemo and radiotherapy and he said if it doesnt work or he needed it again, he wouldnt - he would rather go hell for tofu in living the rest of his life to the full. he's 74. although i support his choice it would be hard coming to terms with knowing there will be a shorter rather than longer time left for him,.. perhaps this is the viewpoint of the boys parents for him to carry on with treatment?

That cancer treatment in Mexico is very famous and there have been many cures. When I was a child, two of my family's friends were diagnosed with Cancer. They flew down to that Mexico clinique and did the sugar free diet treatment. They are still alive. They were taught ALL about nutrition backwards and forwards. No sugar whatsover. Cancer cannot grow in a environment full of oxygen, so the patients are given oxygen therapy with a machine and asked to exercise.

This is very interesting because my grandmother was dying of old age (nothing particularly was wrong with her), and my parents invested in a $2000 oxygen therapy machine. It oxygenated her water, she breathed it for one week and they gave her baths in highly oxygenated water... and after one week, she sat up and acted like she was ten years younger (even getting very argumentative - LOL ). She would sit up and pay attention to what was said around her, regained color in her face and her skin stopped flaking off.

You need to search for "Cancer needs sugar"... the topic is very facinating. Otto Warburg, who made the monumentary discovery, was awarded the Nobel Prize and the clinique is based on his research.

Anyway, if I remember correctly, the doctor that ran the treatment center was becoming VERY popular in the 1980's... but was asked to shut down by the FDA (or something). So he left the country and moved the clinique to Mexico and now many Cancer patients fly down there to get the treatment.

I remember the friend who was cured could not eat pickles (anything fermented because that involves sugar), drink coffee and several other foods. You come back EXTREMELY healthy, lol.

Go read "Cancer needs Sugar" on google -- you guys might find it extremely interesting.

Wow! That is very interesting Apple Blossem!

Quote Roxy
    And I guess, there's nothing wrong with that either.

Accepting death and dealing with that peacefully, may be better than subjecting oneself to treatments that may tire you, cause you pain and that you may not even respond to.

A friend of my boyfriends recently died of liver cancer. He chose to stop having treatment because it was causing him pain, and really tiring him out. The treatment was only prolonging his life, not curing the cancer.

For him, it was easier to accept death and enjoy his last weeks and days with his family, instead of being drugged up and half asleep most of the time.
    I agree with that. I think that it should be the person's decision. If death is inevitable and they choose to die peacefully and without the pain of chemo that will only prolong their suffering and not cure the cancer, then the person should be able to make the decision not to have chemo.
    ~John Wooden

Quote Apple_Blossem
    That cancer treatment in Mexico is very famous and there have been many cures. When I was a child, two of my family's friends were diagnosed with Cancer. They flew down to that Mexico clinique and did the sugar free diet treatment. They are still alive. They were taught ALL about nutrition backwards and forwards. No sugar whatsover. Cancer cannot grow in a environment full of oxygen, so the patients are given oxygen therapy with a machine and asked to exercise.

This is very interesting because my grandmother was dying of old age (nothing particularly was wrong with her), and my parents invested in a $2000 oxygen therapy machine. It oxygenated her water, she breathed it for one week and they gave her baths in highly oxygenated water... and after one week, she sat up and acted like she was ten years younger (even getting very argumentative - LOL ). She would sit up and pay attention to what was said around her, regained color in her face and her skin stopped flaking off.

You need to search for "Cancer needs sugar"... the topic is very facinating. Otto Warburg, who made the monumentary discovery, was awarded the Nobel Prize and the clinique is based on his research.

Anyway, if I remember correctly, the doctor that ran the treatment center was becoming VERY popular in the 1980's... but was asked to shut down by the FDA (or something). So he left the country and moved the clinique to Mexico and now many Cancer patients fly down there to get the treatment.

I remember the friend who was cured could not eat pickles (anything fermented because that involves sugar), drink coffee and several other foods. You come back EXTREMELY healthy, lol.

Go read "Cancer needs Sugar" on google -- you guys might find it extremely interesting.
    Oh, that's fascinating! Thanks for the info, Apple_Blossem
    ~John Wooden