Thread: Vit. D3, ect. Would they just be thrown out?

Question Vit. D3, ect. Would they just be thrown out?

Right now, I avoid all foods with animal-derived Vitamin D. Recently, I heard that animal-derived "trace ingredients" would be thrown away if not used and it wouldn't slow down or stop the meat/dairy industries at all. However, I still feel like people are making money on them, and that's wrong, so I avoid them. What are your oppinions? Does avoiding them help in some way (even small), by making a statement for instance, or does it hurt the vegan movement by making veganism "seem hard?" Would these things be thrown away if not used? For now, I'm stearing clear, but I would like more info.

Edited to add: I am not talking about things that state, "May contain traces..." I am talking about products (like cereals) that ADD IN these things.

Good sperm

Default Re: Vit. D3, ect. Would they just be thrown out?

I avoid them if they are from animal sources as I do not consume any animal products. Also I like to buy from vegan-friendly places partly as it makes a tiny difference to their sales but mostly I'd rather they had my money.

vg3, you could look at it like this.... if everyone was like us (basically vegan) but consumed animal derived vitamins, then the animals could just be killed/kept for the vitamins. (Unlikely I know due to the cost involved but who knows?)
    "Do what you can with what you have where you are."
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Good point! I currently avoid them, and will continue to do so, but I wanted to get some more info on the issue...I had never thought of killing animals for the vitamins! I hope they'd never do that, but they could! That point makes it seem right to continue to avoid these things.