Thread: Dr. Neal Barnard's free vegan health videos on the net

Default Dr. Neal Barnard's free vegan health videos on the net

Have you all used www.movieflix.com and watched all the free health videos about a vegan/vegetarien diet?

I have learned that PCRM has been a persistent thorn in the side of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. It has taken the USDA to court and successfully opened up the unlawfully concealed workings of the USDA's board selection process. Six of the 11 USDA board members have financial ties to the meat, dairy and egg industries, and PCRM maintains that these ties are more responsible for the preponderance of meat, dairy and egg products in the USDA's nutrition recommendations than sound nutritional science.

PCRM is also reaching out to incoming medical school students. Barnard has helped them abstain from or, in many cases, entirely do away with courses that require operation on a healthy animal that will subsequently be euthanized. More than half of all medical schools, including those at Harvard, Stanford, Columbia and Yale, have dropped live-animal labs altogether, thanks in part to Barnard's work. One resister, Colorado University, recently suffered through a homecoming football game in the baleful shadow of a circling plane towing a PCRM-sponsored banner that read "CU Medical School: Stop Killing Dogs!"

One learns so much about a fatty diet and how it contributes to cancers (even olive oil, alvacados, etc). I never thought about reducing all of my fat intake.... which greatly relieves menstrual cramps.

To watch these short health videos made by doctors, go to http://www.movieflix.com

Search for:
    A diet for all reasons
    Neal Barnard (he has 5 short videos, and all are interesting)

The first is 45 mins long: http://www.movieflix.com/movie_info.mfx?movie_id=2265
    This one is 7 minutes: http://www.movieflix.com/movie_info.mfx?movie_id=2431
    This one is 8 minutes:http://www.movieflix.com/movie_info.mfx?movie_id=2432
    This one is 6 minutes: http://www.movieflix.com/movie_info.mfx?movie_id=2433
    This one is 4 minutes: http://www.movieflix.com/movie_info.mfx?movie_id=2434

FR

Default Re: I am now a fan of Dr. Neal Barnard & his free vegan health videos on the net :) :) :)

PCRM RULES. I'll have to check those out later!!

Good sperm

Default Re: I am now a fan of Dr. Neal Barnard & his free vegan health videos on the net :) :) :)

Dr Barnard is a legend, I love PCRM and if I ever met him I'd have to shake his hand.

I've seen a few of those videos and they are fantastic. PCRM rocks!
    You are not required to complete the task of repairing the world, neither are you free to abstain from it.
    --Pirke Avot

Seaside

Default Re: I am now a fan of Dr. Neal Barnard & his free vegan health videos on the net :) :

He will be speaking in Santa Rosa, California, over the September 29th, 30th, and October 1st weekend, in case anyone is nearby and interested in seeing him.

Geoff

Default Re: I am now a fan of Dr. Neal Barnard & his free vegan health videos on the net :) :

Quote Seaside
    He will be speaking in Santa Rosa, California, over the September 29th, 30th, and October 1st weekend, in case anyone is nearby and interested in seeing him.
    Details at: http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2006...eptweekend.htm

If he ever comes the UK I'm there. California's a bit far at the moment

sorry, pcrm means???

Good sperm

Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine

The PCRM sued the FDA and won... that is pretty courageous.

If you go to www.vegsource.com you can stream video footage of Neal Barnard, and many others, speaking at one of those gatherings in California. The material is a few years old but it's still fascinating and relevant stuff. I think they have DVD sets available which contain all the lectures that were delivered at the event.

I'm quite sure he appears in Morgan Spurlock's Supersize Me as well.

Geoff

Quote Seaside View Post
    And Geoff will be there!

Quote Geoff View Post
    And Geoff will be there!
    Please let us know how you get on

I had the privilege of hearing Dr. Barnard speak in February of this year. He was the deciding factor for me making the enlightening leap from vegetarian to vegan. He's my hero!

Seaside

Congratulations on making that leap, vegtherapy!