Thread: "no vegan food in my area"

Default "no vegan food in my area"

I am a new Vegan (started July 31) and I am having a SUPER HARD time with it. The city I live in has virtually NO Vegan options- grocery store/health food stores or restaraunts (lets put it this way, only ONE grocery store even carries tofu and that store is 20 miles away). Does anyone have any advice or know of any online places I can get food?
    Last edited by Korn; Sep 3rd, 2006 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Added a little " before and after the title, since there's vegan food pretty much everywhere! :)

Default Re: no vegan food in my area!

You are saying that your grocery store does not carry produce, beans, grains, seeds, nuts, and plant oils?

LOL....of course it does. I guess I am just too new to this and having a hard time figuring out what to eat. I mean my stores, etc don't have things like tofu, vegatarian meals (already made), garden burgers, etc.....easy convenience food for the novice or should I say LAZY like me.

sometimes lovesstar, it seems the easier option for a new vegan to buy some vegan options that act as the meat or fish on a plate. it is actually easier, sometimes cheaper, to make your own meals from scratch. do you have access to a kitchen?

check out the forums food and recipes threads for lots of ideas for meals. they neednt involve cooking always. maybe invest in some vegan cook books or even veggie ones are ok as you can start to think about how to veganise them.

good things to base you home cooked meals around are dried or canned beans, rice, pasta, frozen veggie mince. you can incorprate things like seeds and nuts into meals like breakfast cereal or smoothies. dried fruits are good for daytime snacks, salad stuffs to stuff into pitta pockets... try to relax and ask questions and check out our food section.

good luck - and like marika5 suggested, check out your local supermarket for dried bean and pulses, frozen mince, nuts and seeds. if you pester them, they may even start to order some new lines in!

keep asking us here if you need more help.

Hi lovesstar,
    sorry you're having a hard time and appreciate it can be tough at the beginning. I think in the long run though, for your health and also for your sanity!, that you need to build up a repertoire of recipes using basic ingredients. Do you have cookbooks? Rose Elliot is a wonderful vegetarian writer but she is British, if you prefer a US book try Sarah Kramer's "The Garden of Vegan". It's written especially for people who don't want to spend hours in the kitchen. Otherwise there are tons of recipes online - try Allrecipes or VegWeb.
    You say the grocery store that carries tofu is 20 miles away - you could go there once a month, buy it in bulk and freeze it. It changes the consistency a little but not much.
    Try canned beans and lentils. Dried lentils cook in a quarter of an hour. You can whip up dips if you have a blender using a whole variety of beans, avocadoes, artichokes, olives. Make big batches of soup and freeze them in individual portions. Fresh fruit and veggies are available everywhere, as is peanut butter and you should be able to get a variety of nuts too. I never use ready meals and make everything from scratch because i find the ready made stuff too processed. Too many additives and sometimes lots of salt. It is a new mindset, but trust me, your body will love you for it All the best.

We can't afford ready made stuff at the moment as we're on a strict budget and savings plan because we need to do our house up next year and get new central heating so we're making everything from scratch.
    It's actually not too bad once you get going with a good recipe book and leftovers can be frozen.
    Our idea of a ready meal now is baked beans on a baked potato
    Silent but deadly :p

The only veg convenience foods I use are soymilk (store brand, usually publix, I think it's the same as silk) and soy yogurt (again silk, not because it's great but because it's cheaper than wholesoy). I can hardly afford them, they are very expensive but I haven't found good alternatives yet and the ones I've tried to make are not very good. I guess I will have to try harder though because they make a huge dent in my weekly bill (about $7USD).

But as for the rest of it: vegan burgers, corn dogs, chicken, frozen meals, etc. I think they are way too expensive for what they deliver. I used to get them when they were around $2USD for 4 but last time I checked they were nearly double the price! Egads, who can afford them? They tend not to be very nutritious except that they may provide a lot of calories.

Now I do big lettuce-based salads with beans and sweet potatoes and walnuts for lunch, big fruit salads with fresh seasonal fruit and flax for breakfast, and dinner is usually a cooked stir fry, curry, or vegetable pasta dish. I also cook for the dogs and they get whatever I get minus onions.

I have popcorn and nuts in the shell for snacks. And sometimes I make bread, it's about $1 for a loaf of homemade with bulk wheat and bulk yeast compared to about $4 for a high-end premade loaf, big difference, and the dogs love it too!

I try hard to avoid the prepackaged things. There is a lot of wasted energy in the packaging so it's more eco-friendly to buy in bulk, dried beans and stuff like that. Also I think that home cooked beans are much tastier than bean products, frozen beans, or beans in cans.

It doesn't take too long. I guess I go on automatic pilot now, it's been years since I've done things any other way.

Hello lovestar

Perhaps a good book on nutrition with some recipes might help you?

Becoming Vegetarian is my vegan bible! It is by Brenda Davis and Vesanto Melina, you can purchase it from amazon. It is excellent and will save you loads of money and health in the long run.

The only specifically vegan, bought item that I eat is tofu and I could easily manage without it. Once you've found some recipes you like try making BIG batches and freezing it in portions (in tupperware type boxes) to help out with your schedule: your own convenience food!

Good luck and WELCOME new vegan - the planet and the animals are loving you!
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi.

Also check out www.vegweb.com and do a search on google to see if you have any online health stores that would deliver to you at home

Hey Lovestar,
    When I first became vegan I didn't really know what to eat either. The first vegan cookbook I bought overwhelmed me with a bunch of weird foods. What I decided to do was try to vegan-ise some of the things that I had eaten all of my life. I stumbled upon a cookbook called "The Meat & Potatoes Vegetarian Cookbook" (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/155...40829?ie=UTF8). I use this a lot!! After a few months of eating mostly prepared foods (boca burgers, etc) I realized that I really didn't like them and they were loaded with fat. Two years ago my husband did all the cooking...I didn't like to cook. Now, I love it! I cook all of our meals and am sure to make enough to have leftovers.
    The only "vegan" things that I regularly buy is Tofu and TVP. Other than that, it is mostly fresh produce, beans, etc.
    Keep trying...you'll get the hang of it.
    You are not required to complete the task of repairing the world, neither are you free to abstain from it.
    --Pirke Avot

Quite right Marika5, we must all try not to buy stuff with loads of packaging, it's totally unecessary and avoidable.
    Silent but deadly :p

lovesstar, have you tried veganstore yet? I think there are a lot of US mail order vegan companies. Do you live near any chinese groceries? they usually have tofu.

Personally, while I do cook a lot I also like prepackaged food sometimes, and there's no doubt it *does* make life easier, especially for a new vegan, and I would find it difficult to cook with any vegan cookbooks without the use of tofu and soymilk - good luck with your search lovesstar!

I've started by less ready meals...but I do by ready made sauces sometimes and sometimes cakes/sweets etc but that is really.
    "It's not that people suddenly start breeding like rabbits; it's just that people stopped dropping like flies" - population explosion

Hi lovestar!

do you mind sharing what area of the country you are in?

Most areas I have travelled/lived have ethnic food aisles - generally with mexican, asian or indian groceries. Try looking in there for premade rice dishes, jars of sauces, tofu, etc.

If you do have a high population of say indians, itallians, greeks, etc. try going to one of the ethnic market/groceries. They are cheaper, and have great assortments of spices, rices, beans, pulses, etc.

Also, you can buy a soymilk maker, or make soymilk at home in a pot, to make your own tofu.

I certainly don't eat a lot of prepackaged foods, as others said, they are high in salt, fat, and expensive. I try to make things at home out of basic ingredients. What kinda foods do you like? We may be able to suggest some good recipes.

I just recently bought a new cookbook called Vegan with a Vengeance that I am loving. The author also has a website with free recipes and it lists the recipes in her new book as well as where to order it from - http://www.theppk.com/

You can order vegan foods online as well, from places like www.veganessentials.com or www.foodfightgrocery.com or www.imearthkind.com sells a vegan cheese most people like.

Quote my3labs
    I stumbled upon a cookbook called "The Meat & Potatoes Vegetarian Cookbook" (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/155...40829?ie=UTF8). I use this a lot!!
    Hi My3labs! My sister gave me this book years ago (before I was vegan) and I just recently realized the entire book is vegan!

What do you recommend or what do you make a lot? Until I bought Vegan with a Vengeance, I had actually never used one of my vegan cookbooks ever! I always get online recipes.

Wildflower,
    I have about 40 pages with stickies but here are our favs:
    Tofu & Mushroom Piccata - pg 141
    Shepherd's Pie - pg 174
    Flaky Vegetable Potpie - pg 177
    Mexican Tortilla Bake - pg 184
    Potato-Onion Pierogi - pg 229
    Of course, I vary some of them slightly to add more seasonings, spices, etc.
    Another good book is "Fresh From The Vegetarian Slow Cooker".
    I think I'm a Robin Robertson fan.
    You are not required to complete the task of repairing the world, neither are you free to abstain from it.
    --Pirke Avot

Hi,

Check out www.fatfree.com It was my first vegan website hehehe. They have lots of recipes submitted by lots of people, some of them are INCREDIBLY easy and some are elaborate. The best thing about them is that you can search by various topics such as "breakfast" "soup" or "beans". Love this site, they have vegetarian recipes but all vegan recipes are clearly labeled.
    it is wrong for a man to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble

I am really enjoying these links and book titles; it's great to be amongst people with so much knowledge.

Thank you everybody

Meggymaggoo - We're amongst a good bunch, huh!

My3Labs - Thanks for sharing, I will have to give those a try - the veggie pot pie sounds great!

Tofu tastes great when frozen and thawed, so when you make a trip to the grocery store that is 20 miles away, you could stock up on tons of tofu and store it in your freezer. But there are a gazillion of options besides tofu. You could gets cans of veggies and beans and some vegetable broth/boullion, dump them all in a can and have a hearty soup! That's a pretty easy way to get a good meal without chopping/peeling.

Have you ever seen PETA's "Accidentally Vegan" List? It's a list of common packaged foods that are vegan. You will find them at practically any grocery store.
    http://www.petakids.com/accvegan.html
    Not all health food, but should be convenient for you.

Breakfast (Dry)
    All-Bran

Alpha Bits

Apple Cinnamon Cheerios

Apple Jacks

Berry Burst Cheerios

Bran Flakes

Cap’n Crunch Peanut Butter Crunch

Cheerios

Cinnamon Crunch Crispix

Cinnamon Krunchers

Cinnamon Life

Cocoa Pebbles

Cocoa Puffs

Cocoa Rice Krispies

Complete Oat Bran

Complete Wheat Bran

Corn Chex

Corn Flakes

Corn Pops

Cracklin’ Oat Bran

Crispix

Frosted Cheerios

Frosted Flakes

Fruit By the Foot

Fruit Harvest

Fruit Loops

Fruity Pebbles

Grape Nuts

Just Right

Kix

Life Cereal

Mueslix

Multi-Bran Chex

Multigrain Cheerios

Nature’s Valley Granola Bars (Brown Sugar)

Pop Tarts (Unfrosted Apple Cinnamon)

Pop Tarts (Unfrosted Blueberry)

Pop Tarts (Unfrosted Brown Sugar Cinnamon)

Pop Tarts (Unfrosted Strawberry)

Quaker Apples and Cinnamon

Quaker Cinnamon and Spice

Quaker Date and Walnut

Quaker Oatmeal (Raisin)

Quaker Raisins and Spice

Raisin Bran

Reese’s Puffs

Rice Chex

Rice Krispies

Trix

Wheat Chex

Beverages
    Alpine Spiced Cider

Ghirardelli Hot Chocolate (Chocolate Hazelnut)

Ghirardelli Hot Chocolate (Chocolate Mocha)

Ghirardelli Hot Chocolate (Double Chocolate)

Ghirardelli Hot Chocolate (White Mocha)

Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate (Baking Cocoa)

Hershey Syrup (Chocolate)

Hershey Syrup (Strawberry)

Kool-Aid Drink Mix

Nescafe Ice Java Iced Coffee Syrup

Nestlé Nesquik Syrup (Chocolate)

Nestlé Nesquik Syrup (Strawberry)

Nestlé Nesquik Syrup (Very Vanilla)

Snacks
    Airheads Taffy

Anna’s Almond Cinnamon Thins

Anna’s Ginger Thins

Archway Ginger Snaps

Blow Pops

Brach’s Cinnamon Hard Candy

Brach’s Orange Slices

Brach’s Root Beer Barrels

Brach’s Star Brites

Bremner Wafers

Brownstone Baking Co. Mini Bagel Crisps (Garlic)

Carr’s Table Wafer

Carr’s Tea Biscuits

Charms Lollipops

Chocolove Dark Chocolate Bar

Chocolove Orange Peel (Dark Chocolate Bar)

Cracker Jacks

Cry Babies

Dem Bones

Dots

Dum Dums

Entenmann’s Fudge Delights Fudge & Mint Cookies

Famous Amos Sandwich Cookies (Chocolate)

Famous Amos Sandwich Cookies (Oatmeal Macaroon)

Famous Amos Sandwich Cookies (Peanut Butter)

Famous Amos Sandwich Cookies (Vanilla)

Ferrara Wafer Swirls With Chocolate

Fireballs

Food Lion Animal Cookies

Food Lion Ginger Snaps

Food Lion Oatmeal Cookies

Food Lion Saltines

Food Lion Sandwich Cookies (Assorted)

Food Lion Sandwich Cookies (Chocolate Creme)

Food Lion Sandwich Cookies (Chocolate Fudge)

Food Lion Sandwich Cookies (Double Creme-O’s)

Food Lion Sandwich Cookies (Duplex)

Food Lion Sandwich Cookies (Mini Chocolate & Vanilla Cremes)

Food Lion Sandwich Cookies (Peanut Butter)

Food Lion Sandwich Cookies (Vanilla)

Food Lion Snack Crackers

Food Lion Sugar Cookies

Fritos (Barbecue)

Fritos (Original)

Goldenberg’s Peanut Chews

Grandma’s Peanut Butter Sandwich Cremes

Hain Apple Cinnamon Rice Cakes

Herr’s Salsa and Lime Tortilla Chips

Hot Tamales

Hubba Bubba Bubblegum

Jolly Ranchers Lollipops

Jolly Ranchers Hard Candy

Jujubees

Jujyfruits

Keebler Animal Crackers

Keebler Club Crackers

Keebler Vienna Fingers

Kettle White Popcorn

Kool-Aid Gels

Krispy Kreme Fruit Pies

Laffy Taffy

Lance Captain’s Wafers

Lance Choc-O Cookies

Lance Malt Crackers With Peanut Butter

Lance Nekot Cookies With Peanut Butter

Lance Nut-O Lunch Cookies (Peanut Butter)

Lance Nut-O Lunch Cookies (Strawberry Creme)

Lance Peanut Bar

Lance Sugar Wafers (Strawberry Creme)

Lance Sugar Wafers (Vanilla Creme)

Lance Toasty Crackers With Peanut Butter

Lance Van-O Lunch Cookies

Lay’s Blue Corn Chips

Lay’s Potato Chips (Natural Country Barbecue)

Lay’s Potato Chips (Thick Cut Sea Salt)

Lay’s Stax

Lay’s WOW! Potato Chips

Lay’s Yellow Corn Chips

Lemonheads

Lundberg Brown Rice Cakes

Mambas

Manischewitz Savory Garlic Matzo

Manischewitz Unsalted Matzo

Manischewitz Whole Wheat Matzo

Mary Janes (Regular and Peanut Butter Kisses)

Melba Toast (Rye)

Melba Toast (Sesame)

Melba Toast (Wheat)

Mike and Ike

Munchos

Murray Butter Cookies

Murray Cinnamon Grahams

Murray Coconut Bars

Murray Southern Kitchen Iced Oatmeal Cookies

Murray Sugar-Free Vanilla Wafers

Nabisco Chocolate Creme Oreos

Nabisco Ginger Snaps

Nabisco Iced Oatmeal Cookies

Nabisco Oatmeal Cookies

Nabisco Original Graham Crackers

Nabisco Spring Oreos

Nabisco Teddy Grahams (Chocolate)

Nabisco Teddy Grahams (Cinnamon)

Nabisco Uh-Oh Oreos

Nestle Double Chocolate Thin Mints

New York Flatbreads (Fat-Free)

New York Flatbreads (Garlic)

Newman O’s

Now and Later

Nutter Butter Bites

Panda Licorice

PezRing Pop Lollipops

Pure De-Lite Coconut Bars

Quaker Apple Cinnamon Rice Cakes

Ritz Regular Crackers

Ritz Whole Wheat Crackers

Sesame Royale Breadsticks

Skittles’ Mints

Smarties (U.S. Version Only)

Snackwells Cracked Pepper Crackers

Snyder’s Jalapeno Pretzel Bites

Snyder’s Pretzel Sticks (Onion and Oat Bran)

Snyder’s Pretzel Sticks (Pumpernickel)

Sour Patch Kids

Soy Crisps (Barbecue)

Soy Crisps (Deep Sea Salt)

Soy Crisps (Garlic Onion)

Stacey’s Pita Chips (Baked)

Stacey’s Pita Chips (Texarkana Hot)

Starburst Hard Candy

Starburst Jelly Beans

Sun Chips (Original Flavor)

Super Bubble

Swedish Fish

Sweet Tarts

Toasteds Crackers (Sesame)

Toasteds Crackers (Wheat)

Town House Original Crackers

Triscuit Crackers (Garlic Herb)

Triscuit Crackers (Original)

Triscuit Crackers (Reduced Fat)

Triscuit Crackers (Roasted Garlic)

Triscuits

Tropical Source Mini Chocolate Bags

Twizzlers

Utz Puffed Caramel Corn

Wasa Crispbread (Light Rye)

Wasa Crispbread (Multi-Grain)

Wheat Thins (Multi-Grain)

Wheat Thins (Original)

Wheat Thins (Reduced Fat)

Zesta Original Crackers

Zotz

Condiments
    Arnold Premium Seasoned Stuffing

Betty Crocker Bac-o’s Bacon Flavor Bits

Brianna’s French Dressing

Brianna’s Poppy Seed Dressing

Brianna’s Santa Fe Blend Dressing

Campbell’s Franco-American Mushroom Gravy

Classico Pasta Sauces (Roasted Garlic)

Classico Pasta Sauces (Spicy Red Pepper)

Dona Maria Mole

El Paso Enchilada Sauce

Girard’s Champagne Dressing

Girard’s Italian Dressing

Girard’s Original French Dressing

Girard’s Raspberry Dressing

Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix

Hunt’s Manwich Sauce

Kame Marinades (Red Chili)

Kame Marinades (Sweet Teriyaki)

Kame Marinades (Thai Coconut)

Kame Marinades (Wasabi With Ginger)

Kellogg’s Corn Flakes Crumbs

Knorr Red Bell Pepper Pesto Sauce Mix

Kraft Balsamic Dressing

Kraft Catalina Dressing

Kraft Classic Italian Vinaigrette Dressing

Kraft Creamy Italian Dressing

Kraft Fat-Free Italian Dressing

Kraft French Dressing

Kraft French Fries Seasoning

Lipton Recipe Soup and Dip Mix (Onion)

Lipton Recipe Soup and Dip Mix (Onion Mushroom)

Lipton Recipe Soup and Dip Mix (Vegetable)

McCormick Bac’n Pieces

McCormick Spaghetti Sauce Mix

Newman’s Light Balsamic Dressing

Newman’s Light Italian Dressing

Newman’s Light Raspberry and Walnut Dressing

Newman’s Olive Oil and Vinegar Dressing

Newman’s Red Wine Vinaigrette and Olive Oil Dressing

Newman’s Regular Balsamic Dressing

Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix

Pepperidge Farms Cubed Herb Seasoned Stuffing

Prego Mushroom Pasta Sauce

Ragu Pizza Sauce

Smucker’s Goober Grape Peanut Butter

Baked Goods
    Arnold’s Carb-Counting Multi-Grain Bread

Arnold’s Jewish Rye Bread

Arnold’s Potato Sandwich Rolls

Arnold’s Sesame Sandwich Rolls

Arnold’s Stone Ground Whole Wheat Bread

Arnold’s Wheat Sandwich Rolls

Cobblestone Mill Hoagie Rolls

Cobblestone Mill Jewish Rye Bread

Cobblestone Mill Kaiser Rolls

Cobblestone Mill Onion Rolls

Cobblestone Mill Party Rolls

Cobblestone Mill Pumpernickel Bread

Cobblestone Mill White Sub Rolls

Cobblestone Mill Whole Wheat Bread

Dutch Country Soft Potato

Dutch Country Whole Wheat

Krispy Kreme Fruit Pies (Apple)

Krispy Kreme Fruit Pies (Cherry)

Krispy Kreme Fruit Pies (Peach)

Little Debbie Cake Donuts

Pepperidge Farm Dark Pumpernickel Bread

Pepperidge Farm Rye and Pumpernickel Swirl Bread

Thomas New York Style Bagels (Blueberry)

Thomas New York Style Bagels (Cinnamon Swirl)

Thomas New York Style Bagels (Everything)

Thomas New York Style Bagels (Plain)

Thomas Toaster Bagels (Cinnamon Raisin)

Thomas Toaster Bagels (Plain)

Refrigerated and Frozen Foods
    Anne’s Flat Dumplings

Athens Phyllo Dough

Athens Phyllo Mini Shells

Calaro Guacamole

Edy’s No-Sugar Bars

Edy’s Whole Fruit Bars

Fleischmann’s Light Margarine

Food Lion French Fries

Food Lion Hash Browns

Food Lion Restaurant Fries

Food Lion Seasoned Curly Fries

Food Lion Shoe String Fries

Food Lion Steak Fries

General Mills Italian-Style Vegetables

General Mills Roasted Potatoes With Garlic and Herbs

Lender’s Bagels (Cinnamon Raisin)

Lender’s Bagels (Onion)

Lender’s Bagels (Plain)

Luigi’s Italian Ice

Minute Maid Frozen Lemonade Bars

Mrs. Smith’s Deep Dish Pie Crust

Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets

Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Shells

Pillsbury Cornbread Twists

Pillsbury Crescent Rolls

Pillsbury Turnover (Apple)

Pillsbury Turnover (Cherry)

Piñata Flour Tortillas

Safeway Whipped Cream (Canned)

Simply Potatoes Diced Potato With Onion

Simply Potatoes New Potato Wedges

Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns

Smart Balance Light Buttery Spread

Smart Beat Super Light Margarine

Smart Squeeze Fat-Free Margarine

Smuckers Uncrustables Peanut Butter and Grape Jelly

Smuckers Uncrustables Peanut Butter and Strawberry Jam

SuperPretzel Baked Soft Pretzels

Baking
    Aunt Jemima Coffee Cake Mix

Aunt Jemima Whole Wheat Pancake/Waffle Mix

Betty Crocker Bisquick

Ghirardelli Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix

Green Giant Cream Style Sweet Corn

Hodgson Mill Bran Muffin Mix

Hodgson Mill Caraway Rye Bread Mix

Hodgson Mill White Bread Mix

Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Gingerbread Mix

Jello-O Instant Pudding (Banana Creme)

Jello-O Instant Pudding (Chocolate)

Jello-O Instant Pudding (Lemon)

Jello-O Instant Pudding (Vanilla)

Keebler

Keebler Ready Crust Pie Crusts (Shortbread)

Kraft Baker’s Angel Flake Coconut

Martha White Pizza Crust Mix

Old El Paso Taco Shells

Thai Kitchen Noodle Bowls (Lemongrass & Chili)

Thai Kitchen Noodle Bowls (Pad Thai)

Thai Kitchen Noodle Bowls (Roasted Garlic)

Thai Kitchen Noodle Bowls (Thai Peanut)

Tropical Source Dark Chocolate Chips

Uncle Ben’s Cinnamon and Raisin Rice Pudding Mix

Staples
    Betty Crocker Hash Brown

Campbell’s Franco-American Mushroom Gravy

Campbell’s Tomato Soup

Del Monte White Corn Cream Style

Healthy Choice Garden Vegetable Soup

Hormel Chili

Hunt’s Manwich Sauce

Knorr Red Bell Pepper Pesto Sauce Mix

Kraft “It’s Pasta Anytime” Spaghetti With Marinara

Kraft French Fries Seasoning

Kraft Snake ‘N Bake (Hot/Spicy Coating Mix)

Kraft Snake ‘N Bake (Original Chicken Coating Mix)

Kraft Snake ‘N Bake (Original Pork Coating Mix)

Kraft Taco Bell Soft Taco Dinner

Kraft Taco Bell Taco Dinner

Lipton Beefy Onion Soup

Lipton Recipe Soup and Dip Mix (Onion)

Lipton Recipe Soup and Dip Mix (Onion Mushroom)

Lipton Recipe Soup and Dip Mix (Vegetable)

Manischewitz Sweet Potato Pancake Mix

McCormick Fajitas Seasoning Mix

McCormick Hot Seasoning Mix

McCormick Mild Chili Seasoning Mix

McCormick Original Seasoning Mix

McCormick Pasta Salad Vinaigrette Dressing Blend

McCormick Sloppy Joe Seasoning

McCormick Spaghetti Sauce Mix

Near East Roasted Garlic & Olive Oil Cousous

Near East Spanish Rice Pilaf

Near East Toasted Almond Rice Pilaf

Near East Toasted Pine Nut Couscous

Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce

Old El Paso Fat-Free Refried Beans

Old El Paso No-Fuss Fajita Dinner Kit

Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix

Progresso Soup (Hearty Tomato)

Progresso Soup (Lentil)

Progresso Soup (Tomato Basil)

San Giorgio Pastas (Angel Hair)

San Giorgio Pastas (Elbow Macaroni)

San Giorgio Pastas (Rigatoni)

San Giorgio Pastas (Rotelle)

San Giorgio Pastas (Spaghetti)

Swanson Vegetable Broth

Top Ramen (Oriental)

Uncle Ben’s Lemon & Herb Rice

Uncle Ben’s Long-Grain Rice

Uncle Ben’s Mexican Fiesta

Uncle Ben’s Oriental Fried Rice

Uncle Ben’s Rice Pilaf

Uncle Ben’s Spanish Rice

Uncle Ben’s Wild Rice

Zatarain’s Black Beans & Rice

Zatarain’s Black-Eyed Peas & Rice

Zatarain’s Dirty Rice Mix

Zatarain’s Gumbo Mix With Rice

Zatarain’s Jambalaya

Zatarain’s Red Beans & Rice
    I eat nutritional yeast by the spoonful.