Thread: Suggestions requested for using an electric steamer to cook vegan dishes

Default Suggestions requested for using an electric steamer to cook vegan dishes

Hello all. I have an electric steamer that I used to use a lot when I ate meat as I could steam fish in one compartment and steam my potatoes and vegetables in another. Since going vegan recently, I am short of ideas as what to use it for. Generally I just use it to steam potatoes and have the potatoes with a pulse dish. Does anyone have any more inspiring ideas for using an electric steamer? It has three seperate steaming compartments and a bowl that you can use to cook rice in, though I have never tried cooking rice in it (boil in the bag rice is just toooooo convenient an option )
    Many a broken heart is hidden behind a smiling face.

paulvegan

Default Re: Suggestions requested for using an electric steamer to cook vegan dishes

try these eman

www.recipezaar.com/recipes.php?categ=vegan%2Csteam
    www.vegparadise.com/cookingwitharchive.
    recipes.pamrotella.com/
    www.uktvfood.co.uk/index

wouldnt be with out my steamer, its not electric though

Default Re: Suggestions requested for using an electric steamer to cook vegan dishes

I can't wait to get my own steamer. I live with my parents and they have a really nice built-in steamer, but they cook fish and other disgusting stuff in it so I refuse to use it

Quote vegandrummersam View Post
    I can't wait to get my own steamer.
    Me either, but I'm shallow and can't afford the only one I'd consider purchasing
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

We got a steamer ages ago and we've only used it 3 times for rice and veggies!!
    "It's not that people suddenly start breeding like rabbits; it's just that people stopped dropping like flies" - population explosion