Thread: Vegan Chamber of Commerce

Ducati

Default Vegan Chamber of Commerce

Hello everyone,

In an attempt to make it easier to find vegan businesses and service providers, we started a vegan chamber of commerce.

www.veganchamber.org.

Our goal is to make a single directory for vegan owned businesses worldwide. The more that vegans support other vegans, the more we lessen out overall impact. We also want our community board to be a vegan myspace allowing vegans to connect with each other. We will soon have a vegan classifieds section, and a vegan employment board.

Please let any vegans, and vegan business owners know of this site. We just started it, but it is growing nice and steady. We really need people to spread the word.

Thanks for supporting vegan businesses!

Default Re: Vegan Chamber of Commerce

great idea Ducati, hope it takes off like mad.
    Eve

I LIKE it! It's such a useful site and something I've been missing. Thanks.
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.

Ducati

I am glad you like it. Please let every vegan you know about it. I am sending out some 1800 emails, so I hope it gives it a good kickstart.

There are already few directories, one of them is http://vegnews.org/modules.php?name=Web_Links and it's free.

Ducati

Our directory is also free. Only membership in the chamber cost anything. The directory you posted is not vegan. Our directory is only for vegans and vegan owned businesses. We do not promote non-vegan businesses because we want to focus our support only on people who consume no animal products. In addition, we are creating a community of vegan businesses to help each other with buying power, marketing, advertisements, moral support, and even legal action if so needed.

We want a vegan only directory because vegetarians still contribute to a great deal of suffering, and environmental impact. We do not want to turn away vegetarians, but hopefully they will realize the results of their actions and become vegan.

Hi Ducati,

I don't know if you have seen this UK based vegan business connection site: http://www.veggies.org.uk/vbc.htm

Veryblue2

Quote Ducati View Post
    Our directory is also free. Only membership in the chamber cost anything.
    [skip]
    As I have seen your free listing is without url, why somebody will want to list on your site if they can't post their url?

What wonderful pictures you have on your page Sergio, what a beautiful family! Welcome to the Forum

Ducati

Quote Veryblue2 View Post
    Hi Ducati,

I don't know if you have seen this UK based vegan business connection site: http://www.veggies.org.uk/vbc.htm
    Hi Blue,

I will check them out! Thanks!

Ducati

Quote Sergio View Post
    As I have seen your free listing is without url, why somebody will want to list on your site if they can't post their url?
    Well, the money that paying members pay goes towards our advertising and education campaign. It wouldn't be fair for non-paying members to be able to post their URL if they aren't contributing to the advertising campaign?

I don't know why you don't like our idea? If has been a great deal of my own time and money and I do it for vegans everywhere. Yes, there might be some free guides, but I am pretty web savey, and I couldn't find most of them. A site that is heavily advertised will help all the businesses out.

Can I ask you why you are so negative?

Ducati

I love the idea, and I am really interested in contributing, i may also be prepared to be a sponser.

Just a couple of questions, if you don't mind

how long has it been running, how many members do you have, have you any market research to suggest what potential market is available and do you monitor how many hits your website gets?

I know the site is in its early days, but have you thought if you want the site to go global? if so have you got any plans for promoting the site outside the U.S.?

Would you be interested in some assisstance in launching the site in the UK?

can i put a link to your site on my company website if i'm a member?

don't mean for any of that to sound negative, I am really positive about the idea, but I have to build a case for every penny spent
    I dont get crunchy people?

Ducati

It has been running for about 3 weeks. The first two weeks I only let a few people know about it so I could work some bugs out. Recently, I have started a pretty extensive advertising campaign to as many vegan business that I could find. About 1800 total.

I am seeing about 125 uniques a day. Once I get the adwords in place, I expect about 1,000 uniques a day and increasing rapidly. Members will receive a report of website uniques from the software I am running. Although I might change the software at some point.

I am marketing it gloabally. I already have several UK listings. So far I have around 37 users, although not all have submitted listings at this point. Any help spreading the word is always appreciated.

For members I have a small icon with a link on my memberbenefits page. You can post that, or if you wish, a regular link is fine. Eventually I will be sending an html page to all member with links to all the other businesses. The idea is that you place this on your server for the web spiders to find. Since you are linking to others and others are linking to you, your search ranking increases.

I didn't like the community software I had on the site, so I deleted it, and I am starting www.MyVeganSpace.org. The software I found is much nicer, but not all the features work on a shared hosting account, so I will have to lease a dedicated server. Without any money coming in, it is hard to justify, but I think this site is worth the risk.

Quote Ducati View Post
    Well, the money that paying members pay goes towards our advertising and education campaign. It wouldn't be fair for non-paying members to be able to post their URL if they aren't contributing to the advertising campaign?
    You have not answered my question, why somebody will want to spend their time, registering to your site if you don't allow him/her even to put an URL to his/her own site?
    I don't know why you don't like our idea?
    [skip]
    Can I ask you why you are so negative?
    It's not that I don't like your idea, it's a good idea, but it looks like you want instant gratification instead of working hard to make your site popular and only after it becomes popular - start making money.
    Also receiving 2 unsolicited e-mails at two different addresses added a grain of salt...

Harmonia

Awesome idea! THANKS!!!